• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Thanks, Tizoc!
I got some games to check out then for my Vita as well :)

Is this a cute, blocky Sim Life? OMG!

Enjoy mate!
Speaking of which you got me tempted to grab Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi from Play asia.
Gonna order it later alongside Ryu ga Gotoku 6 by November XP.

A couple of years ago I replayed all Bioshock games and their dlc back to back.
I love those games and wanted to re-experience the whole package from start to finish since it had been a long time since Bio 1&2.
It's an amazing experience and Rapture in particular is imo one of the most fascinating, immersing and well thought out places in any type of fiction, but that was my last visit, at least in the foreseeable future.

I love revisiting my favorite games through remasters when the upgrade is significant and especially when they fix technical issues of the original version (more recently the Gravity Rush remaster was absolutely mindblowing for example) but I don't think this is an upgrade that warrants going back to these games for anyone who played them recently, at least on PC, the difference should be significant for people who only got the last gen console experience though, Bio1 in particular was an atrocity on PS3.

derFeef

Enjoy mate!
Speaking of which you got me tempted to grab Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi from Play asia.
Gonna order it later alongside Ryu ga Gotoku 6 by November XP.

I will maybe contact you regarding Yakuza as well! Always wanted to try that but I do not have a platform for it, yet. Also is coop in those games worthfile and fun? I would be up for that :)

Tizoc

I will maybe contact you regarding Yakuza as well! Always wanted to try that but I do not have a platform for it, yet. Also is coop in those games worthfile and fun? I would be up for that :)

Co-op would be good yeah. Think of Musou games as beat'em-ups and you and friends can just go around beating up enemies and completing objectives to level up your characters etc.

Far as Yakuza series go, Yakuza 0 is releasing on PS4 this January and is a good starting point. I mean it lets you play frikkin' Outrun for one thing!
https://youtu.be/3MyZieTwPi8?t=127

derFeef

Co-op would be good yeah. Think of Musou games as beat'em-ups and you and friends can just go around beating up enemies and completing objectives to level up your characters etc.

Far as Yakuza series go, Yakuza 0 is releasing on PS4 this January and is a good starting point. I mean it lets you play frikkin' Outrun for one thing!
https://youtu.be/3MyZieTwPi8?t=127

Yeah, amazing :D
Those Y6 demos are bonkers as well. The brawling looks hot.

Welp. Valve is gonna love getting my tech difficulty e-mail in the morning. Just published the Halloween DLC's Coming Soon page, but forgot to set the price. So now it's currently free.

Li Kao

Excuse me for the ignorant question but what are the advantages of these remastered versions of Bioshock ? I'm not really interested as I'm still to play vanilla Bioshock 2 but the few times I read about these remasters the PC versions weren't detailed. On console the 1080/60 point is obvious, but what about PC ?

Jawmuncher

^Wishlisted, thanks!
EDIT:

Jawmuncher right now-
tumblr_inline_noi35pkxoW1qbqje6_500.gif

OP Musou 3 is good, I enjoyed my time with it.
Other Musous I enjoyed from KOEI Tecmo are
Samurai Warriors 4-2 (You're not missing anything by not playing 4 so go in it and hopefully you enjoy it)
Gundam Musou 3 (I played this on PS3 and I Platinumed it. Higher difficulties offer quite a challenge)
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 (This USES the Musou formula but adds in other objectives such as defending certain areas etc. It's good from a gameplay stand point)

That game is gonna be so good.

Welp. Valve is gonna love getting my tech difficulty e-mail in the morning. Just published the Halloween DLC's Coming Soon page, but forgot to set the price. So now it's currently free.

You are making item DLC for AoT?
From what I recall, items in your game are just a tiny bit of flavour text with an associated buff. How much would you be charging for that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It doesn't matter in the interim as FoD subs can't be registered to accounts when the app is unreleased.

This looks like a game that you might play on Newgrounds for a while cause you're bored, maybe even give it 3 stars for being playable...but to charge 5 bucks for it is pretty audacious.

There's a VR game where you beat Trump with a stick on Steam, can't remember the name of it! This is like Witcher 3 in comparison to that.

Because of bad reviews? That aren't counted into the overall score anymore?

After a cursory look at the documents they filled, it's more about comments on their business model or those trying to hurt their business, encouraging people not to greenlight their games etc... rather than bad reviews. Hell, if they went after everyone that gave them a bad review they'd tie up the legal system for the next 50 years.

I don't know a whole lot about the American legal system, but there must be some sort of fair comment provision that allows people to review their games without fear of legal action. Actively trying to destroy their "business model" or company is probably quite different.

AHA-Lambda

Is Far Harbor, Nuka World and Automatron the only story based DLCs?

There are a few story quests in Vault-Tec Workshop too

You didn't have to play one whole persons campaign and go to the next. The canon order is like

Leon 1-2
Jake 1-2
Chris 1-2.
Then just following them all down the line and saving Ada for last.

As for the lore, I mean the series at the time was 16 years old. So of course it was gonna have some lore going. I agree the story isn't particularly strong, but I disagree it's hard to understand.

Chris wants to avenge his team he lost thinking Ada is to blame
Leon wants to find out why simmons is bad and what's going on with Ada.
Jake just wants a pay check, and ends up being part of something bigger.
Ada wants to clear her name.

But like I said the story is a weak point. It still has some cool points. The best parts of the game are when the gameplay shines through. The campaign has some nice set ups, and mercs is a fun time.

-----

As said above had capcom kept the gameplay but had a singular character with a more focused campaign. The series would be at a very different point right now.

Yeah I understand it will be a bit bloated lore wise given how old and established it may be, but it never felt this bad before; not in RE5 or Rev 2 for example.
It feels like there was a spin off I didn't play/watch before this, or maybe it's hidden in bloody collectibles somewhere.

The plot isn't hard to follow no, it's good guys vs bad guys, shoot all the monsters at the end of the day.
But it's hard to appreciate any finer details, no time is given for development.
We have no idea who Simmons is really, where his love for Ada even came from, who The Family (not the resi 7 one) or Neo Umbrella are, why Simmons wanted to cause a global bioterror attack.

Again, it's resi I really shouldn't care, but even by resi standards it's piss poor.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Tropico 4 - -- MB-D5C3BF7F56787A43 - Taken by krczt23

Sch1sm

For some reason everyone loved the free remasters of the games, but only one in my friend list have played and only for 30 minutes.

How come?

Could also be that they released at a pretty bad time for students. Not enough hours in the day for me to install and play them just yet.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Day D: Tower Rush -- MB-C5099BA03655EE4D - Taken by Saty

These should work to my knowledge.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Forgot the NO THANKS rule. No thanks needed.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Elements II: Hearts of Light -- MB-29023AF679762C7B - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Super Blue Fighter -- MB-548E12C6E5405B4E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-6A712A5608DB1AA7 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Heli Heroes -- MB-DFAC61BB1FC56253 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Overpower -- MB-99AA34AD65A1BE07 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-099C3EC19B8EC9F7 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-2E0EF4672B9EF606 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Bell Ringer -- MB-35356B0813D3403C - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Defend Your Life -- MB-4707183B3930C492 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
GabeN: The Final Decision -- MB-C55AAC0F06ADAC86 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Iesabel -- MB-3D5EC5DD5E6A041E
Pressure -- MB-1C8A0E658B45B050 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.
The Troma Project -- MB-9336540A578258E5
Enforcer: Police Crime Action -- MB-042B3F3E2ECB7024 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Mini Attack Submarine -- MB-9DB489D8379065CD - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Adorables -- MB-868EAE320E118AD7 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Heaven Island -- MB-D9DCE8AE74F417F1 - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-0B105712D39CCD7D - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Smash PlusGrab -- MB-75DAE069F2B9AF0B - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-DB1E0002B5A14126 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
HotLead -- MB-2534608F0B9BA755 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
A Bird Story -- MB-A36D6D098D0E2840 - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.
Ember Kaboom -- MB-D0D4685B73BDA8E8 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Cloud Knights -- MB-8637D2FC9591F2AB - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Krog Wars -- MB-81E3B7E7BE4BEC42 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Medieval Mercs -- MB-969518E32769CC21 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
MAV -- MB-5093ECC05381478F - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
Endorlight -- MB-43D1953BCF11B81C
Initia: Elemental Arena -- MB-DFABF58316384E78 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
World War II Panzer Claws 1 Plus2 -- MB-71FF7B0E1ED67B7F - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.

t1474029690z1.png

Deques

another spare

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Aveyond Lord of Twilight -- MB-B7624F4701B9345E - Taken by texhnolyze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom