• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

This looks like a game that you might play on Newgrounds for a while cause you're bored, maybe even give it 3 stars for being playable...but to charge 5 bucks for it is pretty audacious.

A review

- simple and fun game
- simple control layout + use of mouse
- you get to kill terrorists
- it upsets NeoGAF

Dislikes:

- would have been cool to have some sort of upgrade system for uncle Don and his weapon of choice

Edit: Fucking doublepost.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, Bioshock remastered didn't count as a +1? Sure I'm just happy we got it for free of course.:D

They're separate apps.

What's wrong with the Bioshock Remasters? Is it only the lack of graphic options?

The short version is that they do some things better, other things worse, and retain almost every PC-specific bug from the original releases. For more info, peruse this thread.

Unai

Wait, Bioshock remastered didn't count as a +1? Sure I'm just happy we got it for free of course.:D

They're separate apps.

Even though they are separate apps they don't count somehow. I know that beucase I've being monitoring my counter for some time. I had 497 games and was wondering what game would be my #500. These remasters were supposed to increase my counter to 499, but they did not, therefore I'm still at 497.

Jawmuncher

There are a few story quests in Vault-Tec Workshop too

Yeah I understand it will be a bit bloated lore wise given how old and established it may be, but it never felt this bad before; not in RE5 or Rev 2 for example.
It feels like there was a spin off I didn't play/watch before this, or maybe it's hidden in bloody collectibles somewhere.

The plot isn't hard to follow no, it's good guys vs bad guys, shoot all the monsters at the end of the day.
But it's hard to appreciate any finer details, no time is given for development.
We have no idea who Simmons is really, where his love for Ada even came from, who The Family (not the resi 7 one) or Neo Umbrella are, why Simmons wanted to cause a global bioterror attack.

Again, it's resi I really shouldn't care, but even by resi standards it's piss poor.

Ahh okay. Yeah I agree there, the finer details are hurt do to the bloat. You basically nailed the big problems I had with the story as well.

data

Even though they are separate apps they don't count somehow. I know that beucase I've being monitoring my counter for some time. I had 497 games and was wondering what game would be my #500. These remasters were supposed to increase my counter to 499, but they did not, therefore I'm still at 497.

Didn't increase for me either. Had 825 games before the remasters, and 825 after.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't realize Vault_Tec and Automatron had story to them.

But I think I might consider myself done with Fallout 4. Nuka and Far Harbor were enough.

Next time you register a key your game count will increase by three.

Ludens

Banned
Mystery solved: we got Bioshock Remasters for free because they are shit.
2k 1- Bethesda 0.
Any bets on skyrim Remastered?

The Hermit

Make America Great Again

header.jpg

capture9hs3c.png

Tizoc pls.

loll hahaa

Stitch

Gold Member
I'm probably late to the party but I've noticed that Steam Cards are dropping much faster. Got my First Dead Rising card after 39 minutes.

Levyne

Banned
What does the gameplay for NukaWorld consist of? Is it worth playing?

The gameplay is as theme-parky as the setting. You go to five different locations, each with different enemy types. I felt like it was really combat heavy. So many red dots..

I think most all of the sidequests are collectathons. One of them does have an interesting payoff though.

Kudo

What's the cheapest Steam Link has been? Kind of interested in getting one now for living room, could play some 2D games on big tv and don't have to set up laptop every time, I swear I saw it for at least -33% at one point so not that keen on paying full price.
Steamprices doesn't seem to track hardware prices, any alternatives or someone with enhanced steam know if that shows it?

Unai

Next time you register a key your game count will increase by three.

Oh, that makes sense. This means that the profile page counter only refreshes when I buy / register something. Since these remasters were automatically added to the library nothing changed yet.

Wok

Price info for next week's releases:

Sep 20
  • Batman TellTale: Episode 2 — 23€ (full season)
  • Cossacks 3 — unknown price
  • The Bunker — 20€ (17€ with discount)
  • Wheels of Aurelia — $10
Sep 21
  • Pankapu: Episode 1 —
Sep 22
  • Klang — $15 ($12 with discount)
  • Pavilion: Episode 1 — $10
  • Sorcery: Part 4 — 10€ (6€ with discount)
  • The Uncertain: Episode 1 — 15€ (12€ with discount)
  • Virginia — either 10€ or $10 (I cannot find the original info)

rtcn63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFdS18Ull8

Watching GI's post-review test chamber fore ReCore is just brutal. At the end of Jeff mentions that it took him 10 hours to get to the final dungeon, but he didn't beat the game for another 10 because every floor was gated by experience and item requirements. (A running theme throughout his time with it) After some point after scouring the world over and over again for what he needed (and dealing with load times that he clocked at upwards of two minutes for some areas), he kept questioning whether he should complete it at all. The core combat doesn't really change over the course of the game and... it's not good.

JaseC

I've been trying to disable my Bio2 licence to verify that for myself, but alas the help site is busted. The request just times out.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
IndieGala Indie Mogul Bundle

Pay only $1 or more to get these Steam Games

Noir Syndrome (STEAM) +
Cubicle Quest (STEAM)
Erusal (STEAM)

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 11 STEAM GAMES

GunWorld 2 (STEAM) +
BADLAND: Game of the Year Deluxe Edition with the Game (STEAM) +
RX squad (STEAM) +
Football Mogul 15 (STEAM)
Football Mogul 2014 (STEAM)
Baseball Mogul 2015 (STEAM)
Baseball Mogul Diamond (STEAM)
Lovely Weather We're Having (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/mogul

JaseC

I see. Thanks!

That doesn't seem to be the case. I just bought the Indie Gala bundle mentioned above and activated a key but my count only went up by one.

Edit: Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Noir Syndrome -- MB-2C607F309BEE5CBA - Taken by voodooray
RX Squad -- MB-494FFF6295A7703E - Taken by bobnowhere
Lovely Weather We're Having -- MB-572FBEB5CC9AEF94 - Taken by Kifimbo
Baseball Mogul 2015 -- MB-6219FE0252FD8D72 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Football Mogul 2014 -- MB-F3BCC672F39D341E - Taken by madjoki
Cubicle Quest -- MB-6263A8A12E6B9EE2 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Badland: GOTY Deluxe Edition Plus Digital Art Book and OST -- MB-850A07DF2056B098 - Taken by fspm

That doesn't seem to be the case. I just bought the Indie Gala bundle mentioned above and activated a key but my count only went up by one.

It's how it's always been as far as I can tell. After the remasters were added to my account I activated a key for Bloop Reloaded and my game count increased by three.

The same happened on the 13th after Clash was added to my account (New Reality Games Subscription). When I activated a key for Ace of Protectors, my game count increased by two.

It was the same with Reset 1-1, Fall of Civilization, Radical Spectrum: Volume 1, and numerous other games in the past.

EDIT: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition is another recent example. My game count didn't increase until I activated a key (Hack Run ZERO).

data

This is so odd. I was so bummed out I missed Castle of Illusion when it got delisted, but upon reorganizing my steam library just now, I saw the game in my library. Apparenty I had it for a while. I don't even remember from where. Was the game in a bundle?

JaseC

It's how it's always been as far as I can tell. After the remasters were added to my account I activated a key for Bloop Reloaded and my game count increased by three.

The same happened on the 13th after Clash was added to my account (New Reality Games Subscription). When I activated a key for Ace of Protectors, my game count increased by two.

It was the same with Reset 1-1, Fall of Civilization, Radical Spectrum: Volume 1, and numerous other games in the past.

I realised after posting that I added Digital Homicide's free music players to my account earlier, which may have triggered a game count increase. I was going to edit this in but didn't want to get in the way of ModBot and potentially undo an edit. ;)

JaseC

This is so odd. I was so bummed out I missed Castle of Illusion when it got delisted, but upon reorganizing my steam library just now, I saw the game in my library. Apparenty I had it for a while. I don't even remember from where. Was the game in a bundle?

Not according to ITAD. Speaking of, though, WinGameStore is still selling Steam keys.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs.

MUnited83

For you.
Bundlestars Nemesis Bundle
TIER 1 - Pay only $1.49 for:
Risen 3 - Titan Lords
Insurgency
Contagion
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered

TIER 2 - Pay only $4.99 for:
Killer Is Dead - Nightmare Edition
The Ship: Remasted