• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

When I boot up Bioshock remaster or alt-tab, it triggers my monitor's "changed resolution or input" black screen. Strange. Usually putting a game at 1080p (which is my monitor's native res) fixes this.

I may be misremembering, but in Bioshock 2, pressing the left shoulder trigger automatically uses your equipped plasmid even if you physical weapon is "out" instead of just switching to it. The same goes for the right trigger and using your weapon. Bioshock 1 should've been updated to use that scheme from 2 IMO.

Levyne

Banned
So what's different about the Bioshock Remasters compared to the regular editions? The settings screens shown in the OT seem pretty bare..

Grief.exe

So what's different about the Bioshock Remasters compared to the regular editions? The settings screens shown in the OT seem pretty bare..

I wouldn't put too much stock into those settings screens. It may be disingenuous as those settings are likely maxed out, and you can still edit them through the ini file.

They are discussing how there is missing water effects in the OT however.

ModBot said:
Instructions for HowardRoark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HowardRoark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator - Anniversary Edition -- MB-180CCE3B102C82C0 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-E6386B2E30BC093F - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Nether: Resurrected -- MB-4E8AB2C3372F5665 - Taken by texhnolyze. 4 entrants total.
Super 3-D Noah's Ark -- MB-8C6CE2E258BF0E7B - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.

t1473995522z1.png

Good luck!

Unai

It seems that these remasters don't count as a +1. At least my Steam profile has not updated yet with the new counting.

rtcn63

I came with a Bioshock Infinite OT title but it may be borderline end-game spoilery considering what its referencing:

Bioshock Infinite |OT| Dewitt for Her

zkylon

zkylewd
We'll have a spanish-speaking master and the rest of the party will only speak english.

Then they will suffer what we suffer! Mwahahaha!
honestly i don't have trouble comprehending english, i'm just slow at playing games and extra slow when u have to read a lot cos i'm just slow at reading lol

i'm the worst

There they are.

CsbWjeGUMAEqdVB.jpg:large
nice, ready for some juicy dev commentary

user reviews seem super negative for some reason, lots of people talking about bad mouse controls but honestly wasn't planning on using a mouse for it so no harm no foul for me lol

AHA-Lambda

Just completed resi 6, my complaints about the gameplay are largely the same as from my first impressions.

Anyway, ignoring that for a moment, holy hell even by resi standards the plot in this is terrible, it's utterly steeped in the lore and plot of a series that is so dense that it's nearly MGS-esque at this point. I feel like I need to read a wiki now to genuinely understand many of the character's backstories and motivations here, cos they certainly didn't come across in game (let me guess they're hidden in collectible files? devs need to stop that shit).
Then again why do I care? =/

The out of order and concurrent storytelling just doesn't help things, you're dropped into events immediately with no context, and most of the revelations are kept for the secret campaign after the fact.
And even then, after it's all done and dusted, I just feel like... eh... ok then? For a mainline title it just doesn't feel to have advanced or moved the series plot forward in any way.

I guess RE4 didn't either but 1) that game wasn't drowning in franchise lore and 2) at least that game was good >_>

Grief.exe

nice, ready for some juicy dev commentary

user reviews seem super negative for some reason, lots of people talking about bad mouse controls but honestly wasn't planning on using a mouse for it so no harm no foul for me lol

The mouse controls were really bad in the original game too, you had to do all kinds of hacks to fix the FOV and turn off mouse acceleration/smoothing.

Dead Rising sitting at 96% user score right now, Capcom and Qloc know how to go the extra mile. Now I just need to get GEDOSATO or something to remove the blurry DOF in the game.

Just imagine the alternate timeline where Resident Evil 6 was released as an Ada Wong game and unanimuously lauded for its successes. It would be a good timeline.
what's an aspyr

A software vampire. Aspyr.

That's good news. Very happy about the change.

DOS2's EA is a really nice taste of the game before full release (and yeah, it's good!). I'm super curious to see how much it changes between now and then--hopefully making it even better.

KingBroly

Banned
So here's a question.

Since you can get the Remastered versions of Bioshock with the original versions, if you buy the Remastered versions, do you get the original versions?

Jawmuncher

Just completed resi 6, my complaints about the gameplay are largely the same as from my first impressions.

Anyway, ignoring that for a moment, holy hell even by resi standards the plot in this is terrible, it's utterly steeped in the lore and plot of a series that is so dense that it's nearly MGS-esque at this point. I feel like I need to read a wiki now to genuinely understand many of the character's backstories and motivations here, cos they certainly didn't come across in game (let me guess they're hidden in collectible files? devs need to stop that shit).
Then again why do I care? =/

The out of order and concurrent storytelling just doesn't help things, you're dropped into events immediately with no context, and most of the revelations are kept for the secret campaign after the fact.
And even then, after it's all done and dusted, I just feel like... eh... ok then? For a mainline title it just doesn't feel to have advanced or moved the series plot forward in any way.

I guess RE4 didn't either but 1) that game wasn't drowning in franchise lore and 2) at least that game was good >_>

You didn't have to play one whole persons campaign and go to the next. The canon order is like

Leon 1-2
Jake 1-2
Chris 1-2.
Then just following them all down the line and saving Ada for last.

As for the lore, I mean the series at the time was 16 years old. So of course it was gonna have some lore going. I agree the story isn't particularly strong, but I disagree it's hard to understand.

Chris wants to avenge his team he lost thinking Ada is to blame
Leon wants to find out why simmons is bad and what's going on with Ada.
Jake just wants a pay check, and ends up being part of something bigger.
Ada wants to clear her name.

But like I said the story is a weak point. It still has some cool points. The best parts of the game are when the gameplay shines through. The campaign has some nice set ups, and mercs is a fun time.

-----

As said above had capcom kept the gameplay but had a singular character with a more focused campaign. The series would be at a very different point right now.

Well Steam did me something good just now! I opened up Steam casually and see a Kinetic Novel on my frontpage called KaraKara and the cute art made me curious enough to actually try the trial which floored me a bit in a unexpected way because of the story-premise.

I expected some cute fluff comedy but the premise actually reminded me of the movie Interstellar o.o I mean I wouldn't compare KaraKara and the movie even in my dreams but because of the setting being a bit similar I actually got hooked and now consider buying the full version. I know it's said to be a very short novel but did anyone here play it?

it's alright bro once you've played enough AAA PC ports then you'll get used to mouse acceleration

and aim assist

and unskippable cutscenes

and QTE's

Tomorrow is the 3rd time the cable people will be on site in an attempt to fix the internet.

The day after tomorrow will be the nth time I curse the cable company.

hesho

it's alright bro once you've played enough AAA PC ports then you'll get used to mouse acceleration

and aim assist

and unskippable cutscenes

and QTE's

i mean no disrespect to you in anyway but..................

just reading that made me want to throw my mouse and keyboard at you.

but it's so true... sigh..................

Tizoc

i mean no disrespect to you in anyway but..................

just reading that made me want to throw my mouse and keyboard at you.

but it's so true... sigh..................
What were the last AAA to even have unskippable cutscenes and QTE?

iosefe

i want Div:OS2 but have barely played the first one. had left Cyseal in original and just restarted the EE. i've got a lot ahead of me don't i?

it would feel wrong is i skipped this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom