• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Getting ready to put in a new graphics card, figuring out how to deal with the onslaught of Civ, Dishonored, and Planet Coaster in the coming months, and conspicuously little comic-reading.

very conspicuous. your absence has not gone unnoticed.

what card are you putting in? why aren't you reading The Vision?

Grief.exe

Are you taking about that sweet no space between banners ? How ? Last time I tried the old tweak it wasn't so effective.

I was referring to the textless icons, we were talking about them earlier in the day. I had to make the majority of these icons since they weren't available in the thread.
The trick to getting it to work is you have to adjust the width of the window in order to get the spacing right.

ko2BYEi.png

I really want to make a Dead Space Community Thread, but I'm not sure if the interest is big enough.

Maybe an LTTP in gaming as you play through the game in 8K

very conspicuous. your absence has not gone unnoticed.

what card are you putting in? why aren't you reading The Vision?

RX 480, 8 GB. Comics cost money and I'm prioritizing movies and games at the moment. And even then, I have a big stack of unread trades on my shelf. And yes, I hear Vision is excellent.

haendeul

I think grids and lists are equally bad anyway. I only use the search function to find the games I want. Similar to how I've used the Windows start menu since Windows 7. Grids at the very least is a good substitute for that physical games shelves/library we miss by being all digital.

Ludens

Banned
So, my opinion about Dead by Daylight is...not worth 20€.
I mean, the game itself is very funny, but there's not really so much to do.
You play as the killer or one survivor, you kill survivors or you need to activate generators and escape.
There are a bunch of maps but really they are way too similar. Yeah, you can get new perks and equipments when you level up, but that's it.
I think a 10€ price would be right considering the amount of contents at the moment (and I think devs know, since they released a dlc for free).

Also the netcode sucks a lot, I take ages to find a match, and when you hit "Join lobby", you can't simply left and doing something else until the game finds a match, because if it fails, you need to push "Join a lobby" again. I'm here from 30 minutes trying to join a match with no success.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Feels good to finally clear this out so I can start Mankind Divided. Managed it all in a single run except for Malik and the two that require augs in DLC segment. Those took an additional 5-10 minutes total thanks to perfectly positioned saves.

dxhrdcckulg.jpg

Still have to wrap up my e-book partial run in the original to 100% that and I still plan on 100%ing The Fall at some point lol.

Coreda

I was referring to the textless icons, we were talking about them earlier in the day. I had to make the majority of these icons since they weren't available in the thread.
The trick to getting it to work is you have to adjust the width of the window in order to get the spacing right.

ko2BYEi.png

Tried your tweak a couple years ago but the problem is it resets the scale upon re-launch so it has to be adjusted every time which isn't ideal.

data

ko2BYEi.png

Maybe an LTTP in gaming as you play through the game in 8K

Can you link the Prison Architect and Binary Domain one? Thanks~

Backlogger

Are there any chance for Forza Horizon 3 on Steam?

I don't think it's in the cards right now but if this first batch of big Play Anywhere titles doesn't pull some more players to the Windows Store then they are going to have to rethink their strategy again. They could have some more plays in the playbook before they give up and decide to put their games on Steam. And who knows if they'd ever even go that far. They seem pretty hellbent on not giving PC gamers what they really want.

Tizoc

Feels good to finally clear this out so I can start Mankind Divided. Managed it all in a single run except for Malik and the two that require augs in DLC segment. Those took an additional 5-10 minutes total thanks to perfectly positioned saves.

dxhrdcckulg.jpg

Still have to wrap up my e-book partial run in the original to 100% that and I still plan on 100%ing The Fall at some point lol.

I commend you for your dligence. I don't care for Cheevos much nowadays, but it always irriates me that I am unable to get the Ghost cheevo even if I avoided being spotted as much as possible =_=

Grief.exe

Tried your tweak a couple years ago but the problem is it resets the scale upon re-launch so it has to be adjusted every time which isn't ideal.

You have to commit to having no spaces, it's a way of life.

Can you link the Prison Architect and Binary Domain one? Thanks~

I posted all of the icons I made, Binary Domain, Elite Dangerous, Kerbal, and Prison Architect, in the custom icon thread.

dxhrdcckulg.jpg

Will the Dead Rising achievements break you?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Will the Dead Rising achievements break you?

Probably. At least for DR1. I will probably settle on a target percentage. I still want to go back and 100% DR2 (played during the GFWL era, no save kept) and 100% DR2OTR since I only ever played a bit of the start. For DR3 I'm just a couple achievements shy of 100%.

Uzzy

dxhrdcckulg.jpg

Malik always ruins my no kills run. Like hell am I letting flygirl down.

thanks! i used to work on cars a lot when i was younger and this is really recapturing a lot of what i loved about that. the planning, the physicality of building something, etc.

i am most excited to play sims like Planet Coaster, Civ VI, Cities Skylines & Stardew Valley. love the genre, but have been very limited in my ability to play them with my current PS4 / macbook set up.

Might I suggest:

There is a 2014 one as well, they are actually quite good!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It's such a pain to do non-lethal for me, especially on hard and since there is no "save carry-over" to Mankind Divided I don't feel bad about just coming back for it after the end of the game.

It's such a pain to do non-lethal for me, especially on hard and since there is no "save carry-over" to Mankind Divided I don't feel bad about just coming back for it after the end of the game.

It took me a few tries but I didn't find that one all that tough. (Mind you, there were plenty of sections in the game I found tough that you'd find easy.) I think the biggest issue is taking out the big metal guy with the EMP first. Then worry about the rest.

It took me a few tries but I didn't find that one all that tough. (Mind you, there were plenty of sections in the game I found tough that you'd find easy.) I think the biggest issue is taking out the big metal guy with the EMP first. Then worry about the rest.
Yeah, except you gotta watch out because stupidly the big metal guy can crush little guys and ruin it all :x

Nzyme32

I got the achievement in a pacifist run (no kills). It was damn tricky but definitely possible - and this was on the hardest difficulty. Just need to be smart about takedowns and stealth weapons and who are attacking Malik in what order

rtcn63

Yeah, except you gotta watch out because stupidly the big metal guy can crush little guys and ruin it all :x

I thought y'all were talking about Bioshock for a minute.

I kinda regret uninstalling it because now I'm bored. I could do Bioshock 2, but it'll be hard to get back to one because of 2's noticeable lessening of jank.

RootCause

Hello guys/gals.
I'm new to steam, and I was hoping someone could clear things up for me.

If I want to store my games on an external drive, all I have to do is copy the game file to that drive, and delete/uninstall the game from the steam client/main drive. And to restore the game, I would copy the game from my external drive to the common folder.

is that correct? if not, what's the correct way to backup, and restore a game?

Thanks. :)

Hello guys/gals.
I'm new to steam, and I was hoping someone could clear things up for me.

If I want to store my games on an external drive, all I have to do is copy the game file to that drive, and delete/uninstall the game from the steam client/main drive. And to restore the game, I would copy the game from my external drive to the common folder.

is that correct? if not, what's the correct way to backup, and restore a game?

Thanks. :)

You can do that, or via Steam itself. Right click the game you want to backup and select Backup Game Files.

dxhrdcckulg.jpg

Are you just following an achievement guide for this or paying attention to the achievements in game? I always miss shit if I don't use a guide and I prefer not to use guides on first playthroughs if it can be avoided.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question, but how do bundles like Dishonored 2's preorder free Dishonored 1 deal work? It won't give you the first game if you already have it if you buy it for yourself, but can you buy it as a gift then send someone else the Dishonored 1 stuff and keep 2? Every other deal I've seen like this just gave you gift copies of the freebie, so not sure how this works. Not sure if that's gaming the system too hard.

yuraya

Looking at the fall releases this year I noticed how depressingly sad the current state of AAA gaming is.

Gears 4
Mafia 3
Dishonored 2
Watch Dogs 2
Forza Horizon 3
Titanfall 2
Another Battlefield
Another COD which comes with another remaster
Dead Rising 4
Another Destiny Expansion

Everything is a sequel. Everything is something you already played before in the past. Very little is new.

Its like everyone is afraid of making new ip :(

Unai

We'll eventually get Resident Evil 2 remake, so now I only need 3 and Code Veronica to be able to play the whole main series in one plataform. I would even be happy with the old Resident Evil 3 port like Square did with Final Fantasy VII and VIII, or better yet, that one released in 2006 in japan that is already compatible with the new OSes.

yDdqYUw.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
Decided to buy Arkham Knight. It runs...not ideally. Some hefty FPS drops during tank battles (which suck, btw), but nothing unplayable, at least right now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are you just following an achievement guide for this or paying attention to the achievements in game? I always miss shit if I don't use a guide and I prefer not to use guides on first playthroughs if it can be avoided.

I already beat the original release so I wasn't spoiling anything, but I don't mind using guides for tracking stuff like this on my first run anyways. It doesn't effect the pleasure of the experience for me at all. For this run I just wrote out a checklist for the e-books, the conversations, and the sidequests and had my ipad around when playing so that I could reference the book locations.

We'll eventually get Resident Evil 2 remake, so now I only need 3 and Code Veronica to be able to play the whole main series in one plataform. I would even be happy with the old Resident Evil 3 port, like Square did with Final Fantasy VII and VIII.
I hope they have Code Veronica in the PC pipeline since they already did a re-release. I would love to have the complete RE mainline package on Steam. It's pretty awesome that Dead Rising is almost there as well, we just need Case Zero and Case West.

KingKong

Arkham Knight is when I realized I didn't want to play any more of those Batman style games and they've been getting worse with every release

strafer

We'll eventually get Resident Evil 2 remake, so now I only need 3 and Code Veronica to be able to play the whole main series in one plataform. I would even be happy with the old Resident Evil 3 port like Square did with Final Fantasy VII and VIII, or better yet, that one released in 2006 in japan that is already compatible with the new OSes.

yDdqYUw.jpg

So much Evil in your life.

#TeamHappy

RootCause

yDdqYUw.jpg
Resident Evil, is one of those series I keep buying the games I already own on multiple systems. :p
I'm on the same boat. Need RE2 remake, 3(would be sweet if they release it as dlc for 2), and Veronica.
I'm going to get RE7 for ps4 pro(mainly for vr), and snatch the PC version down the line.

I'm looking forward to playing Revelations again.

Nillansan

There are only a couple of missable side quests in Human Revolution, at least in the original release (which I played through recently). I only used a guide to ensure that I met the requirements for the missable parts.

Ludens

Banned
Between me and the night is a very valid little game, but sadly it's plagued by a lot of bugs. Also it's very hard to understand what you need to do in order to proceed to the next level, considering you can interact with a lot of useless things. It's worth, anyway.

gelf

yDdqYUw.jpg
No remake ever completely replaces the original for me so I'd like the straight ports of all the old games in addition to any remakes anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom