• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Anybody trash talking Ubisoft can catch these hands, real talk. They are creating the current GOTY contender Watch_Dogs 2.

snicker-karen.gif

Jawmuncher

Sounds like a great idea.

What will the OT subtitle be?

No clue, haven't thought that far ahead.

----

Thinking about it, the only impact I would have if Ubisoft suddenly disappeared is that maybe NMH wouldn't have been localized the way it was. Still so weird it was them to do it. Aside from that I don't have much care for Ubi franchises. They have stuff I won't mind playing, but nothing I'll be sad if it no longer existed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guilty Gear Isuka -- MB-AABDBADE5E66F24F - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.
Guilty Gear X2 Reload -- MB-3E2FFD4B3E9C8FA3 - Taken by jon bones. 12 entrants total.

t1474249305z1.png

Some keys

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Tizoc

The Crew is rather good, but the checkpoint system is poorly implemented, especially in races with laps; you HAVE to go through them during a lap or the game won't count your progress.

rtcn63

I re-installed Bioshock and made it a rule to save every fifteen minutes ago.

The game is really, really generous with money and ammo. You can pay to bypass hack pretty much every machine you come across, although I've been doing it the normal way because I'm a masochist. I changed the difficulty to hard, and I probably wouldn't die if not for the big daddies. (Them and the constant scrounging are why I haven't turned off vitachambers)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone here know if steam cloud saves sync between 2 different OS's? i want to pick up stardew valley / darkest dungeon and start em on my mac before i get my pc.

Adnor

Banned
A question for those who have played the LEGO games.

Can you coop with one player using KB and the other using a gamepad? I want to play with my nephew (and my brother also wants to play with him at their house) but I only have one gamepad, I gave my old 360 controller to my brother so he has the same question.

Also, my nephew loves, LOVES The Hulk, which LEGO game is better, LEGO Marvel, or LEGO Avengers? I'd buy both with the LEGO Pick & Mix Bundle but I also want to try to play LEGO Batman 3 with him so he doesn't become a Marvel fan :p

Vamphuntr

Finished the Divinity Original Sin 2 Alpha. It was only the first act. Took about 10 hours to do most stuff available. It was pretty good but the fight at the end was really bullshit. It seems to be entirely based on whether the AI of the uber boss attacks your party instead of the enemies.

Isn't that a shady site like g2a?

Sort of. I had an issue Friday where they gave me a European key for NBA 2K that wouldn't activate. When I went to support they told me to wait till Tuesday to get the correct key. I said no to that as others were already playing the game and requested a refund. They agreed to refund me but they were dragging their feet until I opened another ticket. They again apologized for the delay and promised to credit me $6 towards another purchase, which is nowhere in my account. So I would say proceed with caution.

JaseC

Can you coop with one player using KB and the other using a gamepad?

I can't speak for all of them, but in my experience, yes (Lego Indy and Batman). Since Steam offers refunds, what you can do is buy the games and experiment; provided you don't run afoul of either condition (two hours of play/two weeks since purchase), the refund will be automatically approved unless your account has been flagged for potential abuse.

anyone here know if steam cloud saves sync between 2 different OS's? i want to pick up stardew valley / darkest dungeon and start em on my mac before i get my pc.

Not consistently, but apparently, it does work for at least some games. Worst case scenario, you can probably transfer the saves from Mac to PC manually.

Adnor

Banned
I can't speak for all of them, but in my experience, yes (Lego Indy and Batman). Since Steam offers refunds, what you can do is buy the games and experiment; provided you don't run afoul of either condition (two hours of play/two weeks since purchase), the refund will be automatically approved unless your account has been flagged for potential abuse.

Cool, thanks! I would guess it would be the same for the later games.

I plan on buying them on the LEGO Pick and Mix Bundle (At least the Avengers's one because that's more expensive on Steam) so I wouldn't have the benefit of Steam refunds tho.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Can you coop with one player using KB and the other using a gamepad? I want to play with my nephew (and my brother also wants to play with him at their house) but I only have one gamepad, I gave my old 360 controller to my brother so he has the same question.

Also, my nephew loves, LOVES The Hulk, which LEGO game is better, LEGO Marvel, or LEGO Avengers? I'd buy both with the LEGO Pick & Mix Bundle but I also want to try to play LEGO Batman 3 with him so he doesn't become a Marvel fan :p
Yes, you can do keyboard and controller as a co-op combination. Keyboard is a bit awkward in the games though. Lego Marvel has pretty crappy levels, I'm not sure about Avengers yet. Lego Batman 2 is a better game than LB3, especially in the story department.

Looking at the fall releases this year I noticed how depressingly sad the current state of AAA gaming is.

Gears 4
Mafia 3
Dishonored 2
Watch Dogs 2
Forza Horizon 3
Titanfall 2
Another Battlefield
Another COD which comes with another remaster
Dead Rising 4
Another Destiny Expansion

Everything is a sequel. Everything is something you already played before in the past. Very little is new.

Its like everyone is afraid of making new ip :(

I haven't played Gears, COD or Forza Horizon for ages so those I'm excited about.

These things matter less when you don't buy them all.

JaseC

Cool, thanks! I would guess it would be the same for the later games.

I plan on buying them on the LEGO Pick and Mix Bundle (At least the Avengers's one because that's more expensive on Steam) so I wouldn't have the benefit of Steam refunds tho.

Oh dear. I'd offer to test for myself, but I'm in the midst of massive congestion (I don't expect to get 100Mbps 100% of the time but gone are the days of being consistently closer to 100Mbps/40Mbps than 50Mbps/20Mbps -- I want a connection that's within the ballpark of what I'm bloody well paying for) and the only Lego game I have installed is the first Lego Indy, haha. It's a reasonable assumption that the differential co-op has carried over game to game, but I can't make any promises. Consider this, though: at worst, you'll have to pick up another controller. It's a small potential expense when weighed against the generous discount of the bundle.

Parsnip

Quick question to anyone who finished Deus Ex MD.
How far would you say I'm at in the main story?
I'm at the point where I need to choose to either go after the bomb maker or break into the bank.

Not really a spoiler I guess, but I'll mark it anyway.

Adnor

Banned
I think I'll just buy the Marvel Super Heroes one on Steam because it has more characters I'm interested in like the X-Men and Fantastic Four :p

I don't really care if the levels aren't that good, because I'll be playing with my 3-years old nephew anyway.

Quick question to anyone who finished Deus Ex MD.
How far would you say I'm at in the main story?
I'm at the point where I need to choose to either go after the bomb maker or break into the bank.

Not really a spoiler I guess, but I'll mark it anyway.

70% give or take.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, Ubisoft needs to make up for the lack of AssCreed, which leads nicely into...

...there being no PC version of The Ezio Collection. (This is your biannual reminder of how awful the LOD system is in AssCreed 2 PC -- oh, and it doesn't support wireless controllers properly.)

With the way remasters have been going lately the originals will be better anyway. The Ezio Collection remade using the Unity/Syndicate engine would be cool though.

So in Ass Creed the ancestor memories are passed down via DNA magic. So in canon you lose the ancestor connection at conception.

However sperm in ejaculate is actually made well ahead of any potential intercourse. Seeing as we witnessed Altair busting it as his final passed on memory that would indicate that the genetic memory for a male stops at ejaculation and not sperm creation.

With that in mind we also know women can also pass on genetic memory even though their DNA is already stored in their eggs. This would lead to the conclusion that the genetic memory from a female ancestor would stop as the child exits the birth canal. Or perhaps at the severing of the umbilical cord.

This opens up the possibility of recalling genetic memory from a pregnant women. That could be neat.

JaseC

With the way remasters have been going lately the originals will be better anyway. The Ezio Collection remade using the Unity/Syndicate engine would be cool though.

Oh, the things I'd do for an AnvilNext-based entry set firmly in Renaissance Italy. Save me, Vivendi!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So in Ass Creed the ancestor memories are passed down via DNA magic. So in canon you lose the ancestor connection at conception.

However sperm in ejaculate is actually made well ahead of any potential intercourse. Seeing as we witnessed Altair busting it as his final passed on memory that would indicate that the genetic memory for a male stops at ejaculation and not sperm creation.

With that in mind we also know women can also pass on genetic memory even though their DNA is already stored in their eggs. This would lead to the conclusion that the genetic memory from a female ancestor would stop as the child exits the birth canal. Or perhaps at the severing of the umbilical cord.

This opens up the possibility of recalling genetic memory from a pregnant women. That could be neat.

wat

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

6jX5jVf.jpg

I started playing through Layers of Fear yesterday. It's pretty awesome so far, although it's not really a "game", it's got some unique horror set-piece moments that I haven't seen done in video games before.

Been enjoying micro machines on iPhone and was looking for something similar on steam when I saw Toybox Turbos which is basically the same game from codemasters. Wonder why they only used the micro machines license for the phone version.

Anustart

I'm about to buy a 1070 and there's no get a free game :( I don't know what this Paragon is they're trying to give away but I'm not having it.

Any chance a game will be bundled with gpus soon?

Lunaniem

I'm about to buy a 1070 and there's no get a free game :( I don't know what this Paragon is they're trying to give away but I'm not having it.

The Paragon promo ends next week, I'd say you have a chance that Mafia 3 is on the list to be bundled next.

Wait till December or January. They usually bundle Ubisoft games with Nvidia cards.

I'm guessing Watch Dogs 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom