• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Yeah I expect as much, but not addressing the current mess more clearly than that isn't exactly great - particularly considering the overzealous noise they were generating prior to that (and obviously still having to work at the same pace). It would have been better if they simply said as much on their twitter. The same thing happened with the PC version delay; next to no communication about it outside of the website and a small edited line of text, while still going full pelt on their twitter walking around the issue

I think Hello Games take away from No Man's Sky is keep your mouth shut until things are set in stone. They got in trouble by discussing things that were likely planned, but ultimately unrealistic due to their limited resources.

MUnited83

For you.
It looks bad... but the reality might be different. Maybe just feedback digestion.

rB9SEfq.png

I bought the game because I am expecting free updates. I hope Sean delivers.

P1VYVku.png

The reality isn't different. They went radio silent because they didn't have the guts to admit they screwed up. It is as simple as this.

patapuf

I remember when people seriously told me NMS would change the face of the gaming landscape.

It sold really well despite the blowback though, people are obviously into the idea that was sold to them.

However most of what makes No mans sky attractive was already present in stuff like minecraft and a multitude of survival/exploration games. If big pubs try to get a share of that pie, it won't be solely because of NMS

Locust

Does anybody have this issue? Steam doesn't seem to keep track of which screenshots I already uploaded or not. When going to the screenshot upload function, no cloud icon appears over the screenshots I already uploaded.

Yeah, I'm getting that sometimes on the non-beta client. Usually after the client has crashed while uploading stuff.

Vuze

Hm, does anyone know how to properly use chat in Big Picture Mode?
Somebody contacted me while I was playing and neither did I receive a notification in-game (I enabled the setting though) nor could I actually see WHO contacted me. I only saw the message count in the main menu but there was no indication who contacted me in the chat tab.

The guy was definitely online and I had a notification on desktop + open chat window (as usual) when I quit BPM.

KainXVIII

Barrow Hill and its (new) sequel is on the way in Steam! Fans of Dark Fall, The Lost Crown, celtic myths and druidic horrors should definitely check this out

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yeah, I figured. I was considering buying it for 10 bucks next time it's on sale even though it's one hundred years old and should be 2.50 tops.

Vuze

That's nice. Although I can't say I've run across any bugs in Resurrection myself. (Except disconnects in multiplayer, but I'm never sure if it's the game or my connection. I don't trust my connection.)
Yeah, only "issues" I had were related to Big Picture Mode which isn't configured for GER (no icon, marked as keyboard-only). Merely cosmetic.
Very happy the games are great ports, I hope the next will also show up on PC. Really enjoying my time.

I think Hello Games take away from No Man's Sky is keep your mouth shut until things are set in stone. They got in trouble by discussing things that were likely planned, but ultimately unrealistic due to their limited resources.
Sounds like they should have grinded for more resources.

Ya know which they also said you didn't need to do and could just walk around a planet without gathering anything. Look how that turned out.

bigzgod

Yeah, I figured. I was considering buying it for 10 bucks next time it's on sale even though it's one hundred years old and should be 2.50 tops.

Good luck with that. The highest discount Steam has had on CoD games has been what, 67% and that was on Ghosts. Even the older games still only have 50% discounts.

You'll be lucky if they end up selling it at $20 base price. More likely than not, it'll be higher than that, considering they're using the remaster to bolster Infinite's sales instead of trying to maximize individual profit.

rtcn63

Switched to Survivor difficulty in Bioshock. Ammo and money conservation is a thing now. I did just get the
chemical thrower
so it shouldn't be too bad from now on. Liberal use of the research camera is recommended, I've maxed out most of the enemies allowing increased damage against them.

Ozium

Woodle Tree 2 came out of Early Access on friday and a couple weeks before that got an update that turned it into an MMO??

secret goty?

kagamin

Woodle Tree 2 came out of Early Access on friday and a couple weeks before that got an update that turned it into an MMO??

secret goty?

I saw a streamer I follow playing it and it looks really fun, even though it was maxing out his CPU when he was playing lol.

Saty

No, they got in trouble when they reached a point where they fully knew these features weren't going to materialize but chose to keep quiet and sell their game on false pretense and to deceive everybody. A deception that is STILL ON GOING via their 'gameplay trailer' still being used as promotion on Steam.

And i hate that excuse of 'we aren't talking cause we are knee-deep in working on the game'. You can spare an hour to write a detailed blog spot. You can spare time on Saturday and Sunday in order to reach out to people and make things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom