• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Oh cool pre orders are live for Sniper Elite 4

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312660/

Standard Edition £40
Deluxe Edition w/ Season Pass £65

giphy.gif

Wok

Wheels of Aurelia has 16 endings (thankfully, because a playthrough is really short).

The themes of the conversation with the passengers of the car are way more serious than I expected.

I liked what I played of it.

Ruruja

I'm gonna have to pick up Forza Horizon 3, if you would have told me that in the year of our Lord 2016 I would have bought/acquired 3 games on the Windows 10 Store on my own free will I would have called you a liar.

I really really want to buy it, but I just can't bring myself to pay £49.99 for a digital game.

xezuru

The native DS4 compatibility for Dead Rising on PC is such a nice luxury, wish this was more common.

Does native compatibility still function when you have DS4 windows installed? Seems super weird even though I guess you could just stop running DS4Win.

Grief.exe

Does native compatibility still function when you have DS4 windows installed? Seems super weird even though I guess you could just stop running DS4Win.

You would have to disable DS4 Windows as the program is going to see xinput, not dinput.

But isn't DS4 not compatible with Windows 10?

No.

it works after a quick workaround that involves disabling, then re-enabling something. there is a handy tool that makes it easy

That's only for using exclusive mode with DS4 Windows, DS4 works fine out of the box with Windows as Dinput.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 47 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Divekick -- MB-E1BAE6207001CB90 - Taken by Mikurden
Trine 2 -- MB-DEE160726ED837A5 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Blade Symphony -- MB-DC428FC8904F0825 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
NOT A HERO -- MB-DEAC44F4742A0952 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Tomb Raider I -- MB-84306A5BD790FF05 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Life is Strange Episode I -- MB-D97BBE6234278C05 - Taken by animlboogy
Unmechanical -- MB-CD0F33CE1AD0B182 - Taken by voodooray
Runestone Keeper -- MB-B1462C6DC5784657 - Taken by yoshizzle
Definitely not redeemed.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-1DA73C55E1DA350F - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-04E34C822D28C469 - Taken by Sr Kitsune
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-FA8DE2BA80AC6A49 - Taken by 73V3N
Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force -- MB-0CA926146538A229 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Brazen Prototype -- MB-B396E47DC7633037 - Taken by Mikurden
All keys in this giveaway potentially activated. They list as unactivated in Humble, but I have the games, so I think I activated them.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-CAC9062005F9760B - Taken by animlboogy
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-FC5E0240601A2A91 - Taken by rainking187
Definitely not redeemed, take this!
Rescue Everyday Heroes -- MB-E73826B149190C31 - Taken by darkchewie
Just Cause Collection -- MB-9144E3BF898B64AE - Taken by jon bones
Deadly Premonition -- MB-877779CE5FC017DA - Taken by Drakhyrr
# All keys potentially activated. They list as unactivated in Humble, but I have the games, so I think I activated them.
Hero Siege -- MB-4B728D89C0C59818 - Taken by bloke
All keys in this giveaway potentially activated. They list as unactivated in Humble, but I have the games, so I think I activated them.
May's Mysteries - The Secret of Dragonville -- MB-7D15F277F7766469 - Taken by Kifimbo
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 -- MB-089224E658818C80 - Taken by animlboogy
Tengami -- MB-1806995AAC6F531B - Taken by darkchewie
7th Guest plus 11th Hour -- MB-1AD38E9381F22AF0 - Taken by Costa1774
Pinball FX2 - Excalibur Table -- MB-93FCD23E8CC46076 - Taken by Ozium
Broken Sword 2- -- MB-A1628DEDBFFC3AE0 - Taken by oipic
No Time to Explain Remastered -- MB-7CF0EB3276444497 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-8C97778F9D53D4EF - Taken by yoshizzle
The Last Remnant -- MB-4D1EC026F89602BA - Taken by StrangeRoboMemory
The Detail Episode 1 -- MB-295DF4036C2F3D35 - Taken by Werd
Dead Space 2 -- MB-9F6C7CC52FF8C439 - Taken by Tizoc
Titan Attacks! -- MB-AB906CFE12D068FF - Taken by Mikurden
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-498231A6A0D3AEAE - Taken by Sr Kitsune
Year Walk -- MB-B3EE20ACE4C6008C - Taken by texhnolyze
Kane & Lynch Collection -- MB-549D16C466A9F1FF - Taken by Tizoc
Speedrunners -- MB-91162860F71B8DAC - Taken by Abomination
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-EC7C6A08F3EFCFEA - Taken by Shalashaska

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-62F41C69B87D5DC3 - Taken by Mikurden
Lumino City -- MB-8624ACC4716AFE06 - Taken by Sr Kitsune

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-94AE616AE80B9EC6 - Taken by Popstar

This is a super good local multi game
ibb & obb -- MB-4A8680E524823A06 - Taken by Tizoc
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-954AFB0813F9B216 - Taken by yoshizzle
Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars -- MB-A00F0FB95BD57472 - Taken by animlboogy
Hitman Absolution -- MB-4FC0F1ED8F165E3F - Taken by almostheathen
Pinball FX2 - Mars Table -- MB-DCC3E5CEA86D14DC - Taken by Ozium

Tesla Effect A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-0FA766AA26F2CE56 - Taken by jon bones
The Marvelous Miss Take -- MB-BA2CB5FB609EC3B5 - Taken by trailmix16
Hack 'n' Slash -- MB-A9BD504C6D92E062 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Duelyst Cosmetics Bundle -- MB-77AABAE5FDD30086 - Taken by thesaucetastic
In-game items
EVE Online Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-60C460D29D15100B
Skin for EVE Online, EVE Online required
Landmark Beta -- MB-14D388CAF744F89F - Taken by voodooray
I think this is shut down but who knows
Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-DA30A3DAEFD1EA0D - Taken by pantsattack
In-game currency, not a game, may or may not work with Steam version
Hero Academy Gold Pack -- MB-D5DDA4F3581A6FE9 - Taken by Eila
In-game currency
Duelyst In-Game Currency -- MB-A553F0437323265E - Taken by fertygo
In-game currency
Star Realms (not Steam) -- MB-A0C42297334CE929
Not a Steam key. Redeem on game website.
Total War Arena In-Game Gold -- MB-3C046AB149201459
IN-GAME CURRENCY CODE
EVE Online Trial -- MB-03C2FFED1586112B
Possibly expired
Doctor Who Legacy Key -- MB-6053182B1A6C6771 - Taken by Mikurden
I don't even know what this is
faviconuvuwz.png
The Wolf Among Us (Telltale) -- MB-83094030C95465F7 - Taken by hannes
All games NOT Steam keys
faviconuvuwz.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series (Telltale) -- MB-552A9FB9DA6B7830 - Taken by StrangeRoboMemory
All games NOT Steam keys and possibly taken
SMITE Almighty Zeus -- MB-165630D744BD65BC
Not a game, in-game item
faviconuvuwz.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Jurassic Park (Telltale) -- MB-458B0C32A9989E39 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
All games NOT Steam keys

Jawmuncher

You know I actually have an unopened physical pc copy of Jurassic park the game. Got the collectors edition for way cheap due to some promo. Because of a delay or something.

i remember having trouble with dr2/otr as well. pretty sure you need to disable motion blur. i'm not sure if there's anything else needed.

once i figured it out it ran fine at 4k on a 2gb 680 i5-3570k

Motion blur is already disabled. Apparently the game is CPU heavy, and I guess too much for my FX6300.

rtcn63

Hypnotize Big Daddy -> collateral damage Big Daddy -> Fucking hell

And the X button being both hack + restore eve was a bad a idea. Even if you see the prompt, you're still likely to end up wasting a hypo.

Aaah, I won The Last Remnant and the Telltale Game of Thrones thing! Cool! In that spirit, I'm giving away some of my old keys. Enjoy, y'all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrangeRoboMemory, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-AD12A7AB12D01ADA - Taken by Costa1774
Expand Soundtrack Edition -- MB-312CA05D15680714 - Taken by Ozium
Phantasmagoria -- MB-B83F32A3067563C6 - Taken by stfuppercut
The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery -- MB-D9F5B3FCBDB4D523 - Taken by someguyinahat
Phantasmagoria 2 A Puzzle of Flesh -- MB-F3AD158C09C29C70 - Taken by Mikurden

NtsrAed.gif
ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spring-Loaded, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Clustertruck -- MB-9F16424250DA214C - Taken by hannes. 72 entrants total.

t1474499496z1.png

madjoki

Ongoing Steam Customer Review System Improvements

One frequent piece of feedback we’ve heard regarding the recent changes is that it has become more difficult to find and read the helpful, articulate reviews written by customers that obtained the game outside of Steam. We want to make sure that helpful reviews can be surfaced regardless of purchase source, so we're making a change to the defaults. Starting today, the review section on each product page will show reviews written by all users, regardless of purchase type. By default you'll now see reviews written by all players of the game, including Steam customers, Kickstarter backers, bundle customers, streamers, and other users that acquired the game outside of Steam.

This change doesn't impact the review score. Each game's score will continue to be calculated based only on customers that purchased the game via Steam.

A couple of months ago I reworked my pc setup with a sitting/standing desk, so I could start using a treadmill, including while gaming. It worked out great, with one major caveat: intensive usage of mouse and keyboard is tough, even when walking slowly.

The Steam Controller seems like the answer to my woes, but before I grab one I'd like to know if there's any chance of a revised version of it coming any time soon. I remember reading that a revision was planned, but reading further it seems that articles stating that were written based on statements at a GDC conference that weren't actually definitive, and it seems like nothing's been announced. Am I safe to go ahead and buy one?

A couple of months ago I reworked my pc setup with a sitting/standing desk, so I could start using a treadmill, including while gaming. It worked out great, with one major caveat: intensive usage of mouse and keyboard is tough, even when walking slowly.

The Steam Controller seems like the answer to my woes, but before I grab one I'd like to know if there's any chance of a revised version of it coming any time soon. I remember reading that a revision was planned, but reading further it seems that articles stating that were written based on statements at a GDC conference that weren't actually definitive, and it seems like nothing's been announced. Am I safe to go ahead and buy one?

Good for you getting some exercise!

What we know is Valve is refining the SC, but it was just a short sentence from a dev here on GAF. It could still be a year away (or more!). IMO, I expect the changes to be to build quality mostly, not anything like adding a d-pad. Gor for it! It's a fun way to play games.
I'd hope for slightly larger ABXY buttons, better bumpers, and if they get really ambitious putting the thumb pads on rocker switches.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like they got a bit of push back from the devs, but not enough to have it affect the score. Either way, I guess it's good to see them iterating so quickly on these changes(?)

This is a pretty ok compromise in my mind at least. So people who love the game can write amazing reviews and those will be seen regardless of where the purchase came from. It isn't going to help the games be discovered as much as that glowing 5 star reveiw won't affect the score, but at least when someone sees a well scored game, they will have a chance to see the best reviews for it. After all the reviewed game should be the same either way, right?

We can only hope they iterate this quickly on the other parts of the marketplace that need help.

Regginator

So apparently you can now trade in Very Rare items in Rocket League, which you couldn't a few weeks ago, what's the new highest tier and what kind of items does it include?

Nzyme32

This works well since it is what I want to check, since the main score is already excluding keys anyway. It won't satiate everyone though.

My preferred solution is to highlight the games that have a significant deviation between keys and steam purchases if there is a large enough sample size, then automatically change what score is the main score based on that with the highlight of likely foul play. It seemed clear from SteamSpys tweeted data that dubious outliers are quite obvious in variation while everything else seems to be legitimate

Kifimbo

A few more games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Circuits -- MB-E1EAE43A822DA754 - Taken by Werd
Monster Loves You! -- MB-C6A18E8175377CA1 - Taken by Goldensun_it
Final Exam -- MB-B5705A111564EDC1 - Taken by Sammichu
Coin Crypt -- MB-20F0F317453E5607 - Taken by fuzzy123
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again -- MB-45CF2FA57DE1AF86 - Taken by Tellaerin

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The change to review sorting seems weird somehow. Now instead of the 96% helpful 2,453 vote review being on top, it's below a bunch of reviews including 2 100% helpful 16 vote reviews and an 80% helpful 30 vote view review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom