• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

IIRC telltale don't support it. It has issues similar to Unity games and Koei Tecmo stuff where it doesn't respond to certain buttons flat out (usually the triggers).

At least for unity games this isn't a problem on Win10 anymore.
It only took them 18 months to fix but they got there eventually.

The change to review sorting seems weird somehow. Now instead of the 96% helpful 2,453 vote review being on top, it's below a bunch of reviews including 2 100% helpful 16 vote reviews and an 80% helpful 30 vote view review.

Too bad there isn't a way to filter out the review equivalent of shitposts, such as

"Did stupid thing x in game

10/10 would die stupidly by method x again"

I have a couple questions about subscribing to the Humble Monthly. I like to have this coming month's subscription for Grim Dawn & the six other games, but I have no interest in keeping the subscription going. So will I be able to unsubscribe as soon as I pay for this upcoming month? And if I can, I'll still get the six other games when they are released, correct?

I know the answers to both questions are most likely yes, but I just want to be sure before I pay for the subscription.

Good for you getting some exercise!

What we know is Valve is refining the SC, but it was just a short sentence from a dev here on GAF. It could still be a year away (or more!). IMO, I expect the changes to be to build quality mostly, not anything like adding a d-pad. Gor for it! It's a fun way to play games.
I'd hope for slightly larger ABXY buttons, better bumpers, and if they get really ambitious putting the thumb pads on rocker switches.

Thanks! I think I'll get one then, maybe as soon as tomorrow (though that'll involve stepping into a Gamestop for the first time in like half a decade, gasp), and report back with impressions, probably ask for some advice too. Hopefully, this'll make playing Mirror's Edge on a treadmill even more fun!

Nabs

I have a couple questions about subscribing to the Humble Monthly. I like to have this coming month's subscription for Grim Dawn & the six other games, but I have no interest in keeping the subscription going. So will I be able to unsubscribe as soon as I pay for this upcoming month? And if I can, I'll still get the six other games when they are released, correct?

I know the answers to both questions are most likely yes, but I just want to be sure before I pay for the subscription.

Yep. Pay for it, then go to Settings and cancel the subscription.

Tellaerin

Too bad there isn't a way to filter out the review equivalent of shitposts, such as

Hm. They could filter out:

- All posts less than x characters in length

- All posts composed entirely of 1-2 words repeated over and over again

- All posts composed mostly of punctuation characters (ASCII art posts)

That wouldn't necessarily get everything, but it'd weed out a lot.

Nzyme32

As per the Steam post, that seems to be what the beta will address when it comes out (or at least a rework of how "helpful") is determined and listed to avoid makes / funny crap

The problem is, Steam itself is actually encouraging people to post funny review by adding the 'funny' tag on reviews. People won't stop making meme reviews as long as there's that funny tag.

The problem is, Steam itself is actually encouraging people to post funny review by adding the 'funny' tag on reviews. People won't stop making meme reviews as long as there's that funny tag.

They added the funny tag because before that, people were marking funny reviews "helpful" and thus they became the top reviews.

The problem is, people are STILL marking the funny ones "helpful" and the ones they don't like "funny" (so they can be filtered out.)

Accoun

Playing a Telltale game late at night wasn't that good of an idea as it sounded like.
Not when QTEs appear and you have a buckling spring keyboard.
It might not have been actually as loud through the door, but inside the room it did indeed feel loud as hell. Surprisingly so.

Thanks! I think I'll get one then, maybe as soon as tomorrow (though that'll involve stepping into a Gamestop for the first time in like half a decade, gasp), and report back with impressions, probably ask for some advice too. Hopefully, this'll make playing Mirror's Edge on a treadmill even more fun!

You can ask questions in the Steam Controller NeoGAF thread too. They are helpful when issues get specific.

There's probably a few Steam Controllers in the BST thread if you're interested in that.

Phawx

Since it's 11AM in China right now, anyone from Steamgaf be able to buy something off Idlefish for me?

I'd pay naturally

Yep. Pay for it, then go to Settings and cancel the subscription.

Hey. You just reminded me I have the monthly coming my way, after selling Grim Dawn and cancelling. Six bucks for the mystery box sounds great today, after my least favorite Humble Jumbo Bundle ever.

Suddenly not seeing "ghost" pop up on the Deus Ex mission endings. Did I screw up somewhere? I haven't triggered any alarms.

Or is smooth operator all that's needed?

Jawmuncher

Sadly no Mickey Mouse Ears, Lightsabers, or captain americas shield in them fighting herds. This is for those who got into the lobby item creator tier.

Think blazblue, how it lets you run around a fake arcade and customize your sprite. Same thing here.

zwoiaegme8nu3makmwam.png

Tellaerin

Sadly no Mickey Mouse Ears, Lightsabers, or captain americas shield in them fighting herds. This is for those who got into the lobby item creator tier.

Think blazblue, how it lets you run around a fake arcade and customize your sprite. Same thing here.

zwoiaegme8nu3makmwam.png

I need some context, Jaw. What are we talking about here? Forgive my ignorance.

Momentary

Banned
While I'm excited for Forza Horizon 3, I think Project CARS 2 car models are 2nd to no one. NO ONE.

With that said, people with consoles are going to be crying about performance.

Played a bit of Paladins: Champions of the Realm. It's got some LoL in it, some Overwatch in it, some smite in it. Artstyle is nice and seems like it borrows from a few.

It's like Battleborn, except good and doesn't look like crap. Needs more characters and such for a MOBA but that will happen in time. Also it's priced right.

You know Free.

xezuru

While I'm excited for Forza Horizon 3, I think Project CARS 3 car models are 2nd to no one. NO ONE.

With that said, people with consoles are going to be crying about performance.

Anyone know if Windows Store games gonna be playable as standalone or "steamalone"? I've been burned so hard by GFWL in the past it left scars and I'm full of spite. I am interested in Forza though.

Oh shit, a mission choice in Deus Ex. Does it matter which one I pick? Spoil tag it if it matters which one I go for.

It's fairly late in the game and comes up when you decide
to go after the bomb maker or break in the bank

Was talking to my Dad before on the phone and he's like "Ahh well, better get back to doing this work." meanwhile I can hear King's Quest music in the background lol. :p

Grimalkin

Barrow Hill and its (new) sequel is on the way in Steam! Fans of Dark Fall, The Lost Crown, celtic myths and druidic horrors should definitely check this out

Awesome. I had just checked Steam for these games a few weeks ago.

I really like adventure games from this era.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of SheHateMe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SheHateMe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny Moments Of Triumph Shirt Discount Code -- MB-E623276B329AB7CA - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.

t1474484575z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-96A768E8F8DD6D4E - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 21 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-4DE05B8CFC52EA9D - Taken by dimmer. 5 entrants total.
Punch Club -- MB-42B87F830707926B - Taken by Ludens. 36 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-D85142024BC8CDD1 - Taken by animlboogy. 4 entrants total.
spacechem -- MB-489236BDC0B1A6BC
t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2- -- MB-F6F80A28C7A2696E - Taken by laserlaser. 42 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-B331B8E2D07BA865 - Taken by Ascheroth. 6 entrants total.
anomaly warzone earth -- MB-8274F09EDFEACEA0

t1474484764z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom