• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I know this is a small change but it's pretty cool that now Mixed reviews are colored light orange instead of the dark orange(which was the same color as the negative ones)

SSaYiYX.png

Phinor

I know this is a small change but it's pretty cool that now Mixed reviews are colored light orange instead of the dark orange(which was the same color as the negative ones)

SSaYiYX.png

That's actually really important change. That red tag really hits you hard when you open a new store page even if the game might have way more than 50% positive reviews.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info, guess I'll go grab it soon. What I saw of it reminded me of Age of Empires and that quickly sealed the deal for me :p

Monooboe

Wow I've been super lucky with foils lately, all in all if I get the last one sold I will have made 16 euros just from foils the last month.

Wow I've been super lucky with foils lately, all in all if I get the last one sold I will have made 16 euros just from foils the last month.

I got 2 last night in one run with the glitch.

I seem to be the only person that has ever owned a specific foil from a game that was removed. Why will no one give me $30 for it? I think it's a fair price.

Pixieking

Banned
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-21-valve-relents-on-review-changes

Mostly nothing we didn't already know... Until we get to this bit:

Slitherine provided GI.biz with data on the impact the initial changes had on every one of its games available through Steam. For games that were first launched on the company's own websites, the fluctuation in the number of valid reviews is striking. Wars of Napoleon lost more than 43% of its reviews, Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa lost 48.4%, and Last Days of Old Earth lost a massive 64.3%. Out of 45 Slitherine games on Steam, 18 saw a reduction in the number of reviews contributing to that overall score, and all but 4 of those lost 15% or more.

Worth reading the entire article, if only to get more info on what Slitherine has gone through.

Monooboe

I got 2 last night in one run with the glitch.

I seem to be the only person that has ever owned a specific foil from a game that was removed. Why will no one give me $30 for it? I think it's a fair price.

Yeah that does sound fair, that card has to be pretty rare since the chance of there being more is low. How is it, can one still make booster packs for games that were removed?

I get the most boring foils, I think the best one I got was a Binding of Isaac one which of course is one of the few I actually want to keep for myself so if even it was worth something I kept it. >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome Collector's Edition -- MB-423C67F7B0600EAA - Taken by Belgarion
House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets Collector's Edition -- MB-90B408C127A15FD9 - Taken by darkchewie
Weird Park Trilogy -- MB-C6317D396B086AE4 - Taken by Teppic
House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition -- MB-87AACA71841C94C0 - Taken by Goldensun_it
Dark Matter -- MB-8EFB1CDEC859DE06 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Control Craft 2 -- MB-1A8896074925AE2F - Taken by madjoki
Biology Battle -- MB-0C30EA605E1A8AC1 - Taken by neonglow
Alex Hunter - Lord of the Mind Platinum Edition -- MB-C23D16A262962B62 - Taken by kionedrik
Abo Mando -- MB-A49712537F5A9ECF - Taken by Abomination
Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders -- MB-7E4183A9268D068A - Taken by lindarasta
The Rebel -- MB-A0DC0C6B06159926
Twisted Lands Trilogy: Collector's Edition -- MB-2D6D5BF83409AA58 - Taken by bobnowhere
Living Legends: The Frozen Fear Collection -- MB-438012EF727DA97D - Taken by texhnolyze
Small Town Terrors Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition -- MB-B2D649642F71129C - Taken by Eila
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-0D399F6CA7FF31C7
Schein -- MB-AF4FFE1A6354D954 - Taken by Vuze
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-A5E58D35DDD1DE5C
Lost Legends: The Weeping Woman Collector's Edition -- MB-C361767F033913AB - Taken by nightstorm
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals -- MB-3A358B3B361388E7
Wishmaster -- MB-76B4FAFE7CB57EDA - Taken by ussjtrunks
Mystery Masters: Psycho Train Deluxe Edition -- MB-C8DDA633ED79646B - Taken by anastef

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Miaou Moon -- MB-7906900F2A0636E6 - Taken by Kifimbo
Grey Phobia -- MB-9BB1DAD56B87F3D1 - Taken by Sarcasm

MUnited83

For you.
Did anybody notice the idlemaster glitch working differently now? Now I get a card for the previous game after I skip to the next one.

Ruruja

Did anybody notice the idlemaster glitch working differently now? Now I get a card for the previous game after I skip to the next one.

I think Valve must have changed something recently, because I keep getting a card drop upon closing a game (that I've been playing, not through idlemaster). Interestingly this happens even when I play the game for like a total of 20-30mins.

data

When I did it a week ago(or two?) it'd keep giving me cards up to 30 seconds after I stopped with it, so it seems like there's a delay

They seem to have removed the 2 hour limit as well, some what. When using idlemaster it still applies but when playing a new game they drop inside 2 hours. Played 90 mins of Death in Bermuda and got the cards.

MUnited83

For you.
When I did it a week ago(or two?) it'd kept giving me cards up to 30 seconds after I stopped with it, so it seems like there's a delay
In my case there was no delay. I could be waiting 20 seconds or 5 minutes, but the cards always spawned immediately after skipping the game.

Deques

Cards drop after you quit a game, there is a delay on when the cards drop. You don't get card drop on the currently idling game

r3n4ud

Love you all

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-8534B7BB90585421 - Taken by Ascheroth. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut -- MB-B5D11A3916F7F517 - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-92D18A8E3E9A2AAB - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
1993 Space Machine -- MB-0B18178FC04F9EB9 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
SOMA -- MB-CD54CE67CA0B9AFC - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Starward Rogue -- MB-EEC1196EA5EAECFC - Taken by Large Professor. 1 entrants total.

Epistory - Typing Chronicles -- MB-8BD8004EC56E7E7F - Taken by Snakethesniper. 3 entrants total.
Planet of the Eyes -- MB-97CEDDBF0934CC3F - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Sheltered -- MB-AB6DC90E8DC91934 - Taken by Monooboe. 3 entrants total.

t1474463211z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was Quantum Break considered a first party game? I'm not sure MS would let GoW and Forza be on Steam.

Yes, although some would say it's "second-party" as it wasn't developed by a studio that Microsoft owns. The end result is the same, though: Microsoft owns the game itself as well as the IP in general as it funded development.

Whenever it hits Steam.

Same. I know Microsoft wants this as a Windows 10 Store exclusive and it'll probably stay that way. Still, I do hope they realize the same thing that I do in that Forza Horizon 3 would sell gangbusters on Steam. I don't think it'll disappear from the Top 10 for a long time.

Yes, although some would say it's "second-party" as it wasn't developed by a studio that Microsoft owns. The end result is the same, though: Microsoft owns the game itself as well as the IP in general as it funded development.
Are you saying Microsoft did greenlight the Steam release?

Kiru

Forza 6 Apex runs at perfect 60fps on 4K for me so that is good... Windows Store though.... I wish they would switch to Steam a few weeks after launch.

Hektor

Can somebody make a thread about that?
Please somebody make a thread about that.

That would be so delicious.

Credits to lashboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom