• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

But I play my games everywhere.
Like literally play on everything. I even tried to play RE2 on game.com (shit was rough).

But regardless of that, all platforms have their people who don't really want to venture out. Where only a few exceptions even allow them to. For example my brother and dad really only like to play on Xbox. But they did venture to PS3 just for the last of us.

Can somebody make a thread about that?
Please somebody make a thread about that.

That would be so delicious.

Credits to lashboy

I would love to see the thread where people actually defend Pachter. Then again, not surprising coming from him. He's an "analyst" that examines the sales of consoles.

Jawmuncher

To me I don't care if people want to stay on only their preferred platform. But they do need t understand that they won't get everything, and not shit on the stuff they don't get. We see this a lot on gaf. "It's not on my platform so who cares". But then it comes after a delay and the tune is changed.

Tomb Raide was a recent example.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk golem
Just checking but have u played danganronpa yet?

No, but I want to before the third game hits PCs with the second game. Their length has what's been putting me to do it immediately, but I've done good to avoid spoilers.

At the moment my focus for Halloween is to play a lot of the indie horror games I haven't quite yet, so that'll be taking my gaming time until then. I will come back here to post any really good ones I play, though!

There is crossplay, you know that, right? :)

I did not! I honestly only got interested in Horizon when 1 hit GWG and I realised it was fun (I've been super zomg racist against the Forza name! Scoffing at it for being a boring sim zzzz etc), now I'm trying to play catch up lol.

Ozium

Wow at these posts.

Steam is dead. Win 10 store the new king??
Somebody get Ja Rule on the phone to make sense of all this.

Dusk Golem

To be honest, while this shouldn't surprise me, what most surprises me so far is that a number of GAF'ers think the PC Master Race joke is an actual 'slogan' most people who play games on PC use seriously.

rtcn63

To be honest, while this shouldn't surprise me, what most surprises me so far is that a number of GAF'ers think the PC Master Race joke is an actual 'slogan' most people who play games on PC use seriously.

So you're saying it's more like a PC... Masquerade

derFeef

Not most, but surely some individuals do. But it's the same ballpark as all the other fanboy consolewar bullcrap.

I'm talking about the posts in this thread where people admit to buying games from the win10 store.

Problematic.

lol, sorry to let you down.
edit: actually I bought it from the Xbox store. Is that okay?

Dusk Golem

Not most, but surely some individuals do. But it's the same ballpark as all the other fanboy consolewar bullcrap.

lol, sorry to let you down.

I certainly don't doubt it. There are some people who simply take gaming too seriously and are too driven by the mindset that everything has to have 'sides'. I think that's actually humanity's biggest downfall, our 'side' mentality. Almost everything that's the worst of humanity comes from this mindset.

But I more mean some people who think that's the average person who plays games on PC rather than a loud vocal minority. I might be a bit more 'closeted' to the whole deal since 99% of the time I play games online it's with friends not randoms, and the only PC gaming topic I really partake in this thread right here.

I'm talking about the posts in this thread where people admit to buying games from the win10 store.

Problematic.

Oh dear.

I bought recore on pc. But I also have an Xbox one.

I hate to tell you this Jaw, but you may in fact be...

Choosing a game that you think you'd like better on one platform than another out of personal preference.

A key for someone:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Deer -- MB-8E23EEC087F5F052 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.

t1474552926z1.png

derFeef

Eh, I bought the game on Xbox. Having it on Windows Store is a bonus, I guess.

Excited to see how it plays maxed out.

I don't think we need to make excuses, lol. Maybe we need a seperate Windwos Store thread... since we do not really have a general "PC gaming" thread, but PC games are discussed in here on a general level, not only Steam topics. Things get tense in here sometimes for whatever damn silly reason.

Ozium

Valve will be in rough enough shape once Digital Homicide gets through with them. Everyone jumping ship to the Win 10 Store is not going to help.

The death of Steam is not silly.

Tizoc

Am i bad for using the master race thing as a joke? Mind u i rarely ever do so if ever
Every gaming scene has its bad, good and worse people, pc is no exclusion
Thankfully tho the pc gamers ive been talking with on gaf, at thiet best, are among the most level headed people when it comes to pc gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom