• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigzgod

4 yrs in my Deathadder has began acting up, I love the shape but was wondering if theres any new mouse I should be looking at as a replacement?

I personally love my G502 but I heard a few overwatch pros (that aren't sponsored by Logitech even) really like the new Logitech Pro.

Just make sure whatever mouse you get has the pmw3366 sensor

chronomac

giphy.gif

Uzzy

WIth all the performance stuff and the new Jim Sterling video of Deus Ex, I wil surely be picking the game up on some cheap sale.

Seems like I was right for being skeptic about it.

If a few irrelevant microtransactions that aren't advertised in game, never come up in game and aren't needed at all to play the game are going to put you off one of the best games of the year, then I don't know what to say. I hope you would reconsider.

I'm genuinely baffled by the reaction to those microtransactions.

jonno394

Anyone subscribe to origin access? Tempted to get it for a few months for some fps fixes and unravel.

Is the service any good?

data

Anyone subscribe to origin access? Tempted to get it for a few months for some fps fixes and unravel.

Is the service any good?

what do you mean any good?

if you wanna play any of the games on its list for 4 bucks a month, and have no interest in playing it after a month or so you can just sign up for a month and play whatever you want that's on there.

JarrodL

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter would be preferable in which version - original or Redux?

Redux ran perfectly smooth for me, while the original was stuttering regularly when loading textures (no matter graphical settings used). I think foliage also looks slightly more detailed in Redux. Redux gained options for resolution scaling, temporal anti-aliasing and SMAA, but lost options for MSAA and CSAA (but those would probably be redundant with resolution scaling available). Redux uses chromatic aberration with no permanent setting to disable it (have to use console command to switch it off every time running the game).

Is the service any good?

I can't play my Origin copy of Crysis 1 because their DRM is so fucked up. I get CD checks and old outdated login prompts that have nothing to do with Origin and refuse to let me play the game. Could never find a fix either.

But for the games they've managed to package properly, it's fine.

jonno394

what do you mean any good?

if you wanna play any of the games on its list for 4 bucks a month, and have no interest in playing it after a month or so you can just sign up for a month and play whatever you want that's on there.

I meant the client, download speeds etc, but yeah I just want some quick fps action. Was going to buy battlefield handline today but then saw this.

data

I meant the client, download speeds etc, but yeah I just want some quick fps action. Was going to buy battlefield handline today but then saw this.

last time I tried to download simcity it was faster than steam for me, so it should be good

AHA-Lambda

I hadn't even noticed until now that Minecraft Story Mode had a new episode that came out like 6 weeks ago.

Shows how little care I give that one.
Yeah that's coming off my SSD me thinks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well fuck it, I'm gonna jump in and see how this Humble Monthly turns out. Bracing for disappointment, though SOMA for $10 seems alright.

I realized I didn't have any good jump-scare like horror games on my Extra Life list this year, so I added it so you guys can watch me wet myself.

Ludens

Banned
Well fuck it, I'm gonna jump in and see how this Humble Monthly turns out. Bracing for disappointment, though SOMA for $10 seems alright. I realized I didn't have any good jump-scare like horror games on my Extra Life list this year, so I added it so you guys can watch me wet myself.

Well, prepared to be disappointed because there are no jump scares in Soma. I mean, I would define it a sci-fi game, not even a survival horror. There are like 10 room with monsters in Soma, not even comparable to Amnesia...and monsters are dumb like a brick. Still a very good game with a very interesting plot, but not a good survival horror.

Knurek

Well fuck it, I'm gonna jump in and see how this Humble Monthly turns out. Bracing for disappointment, though SOMA for $10 seems alright. I realized I didn't have any good jump-scare like horror games on my Extra Life list this year, so I added it so you guys can watch me wet myself.

Just go with Wuss Mode from Workshop, really.
And that's the best way to think of Monthly bundle. A game for $12, plus some bonuses.
Crappy game? Unsubscribe. Good game? Renew sub.

venomenon

Well fuck it, I'm gonna jump in and see how this Humble Monthly turns out. Bracing for disappointment, though SOMA for $10 seems alright.

I realized I didn't have any good jump-scare like horror games on my Extra Life list this year, so I added it so you guys can watch me wet myself.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but SOMA is not much of a jump-scare horror game I think. You can probably classify it as horror, but that's mainly because of its general atmosphere and story.

edit: beaten

Nabs

Download speeds are fine. I used the free trial when they offered it a month ago and ended up playing Unravel. I downloaded a few other games (nfs titles, me3), and lets just say EA saved me some money that week.

I hope Aviary Attorney is part of the monthly one.

That would be nice. I'm just asking for 1 or 2 good games this month that I don't own. That's all I need.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Wild Catgirl appears -- MB-1E74E10CC756A306 - Taken by Cth

-

AHA-Lambda

I'll take my chances with BST after the fact this time again, as I already have Soma

I subbed last time and got nothing of interest except the Blops 3 starter version =/

Bets open for HM. My guesses:

-Bombshell
-Shadwen
-Nightcry
-Oxenfree
-Republique Remastered

Oooh I'd take nightcry :eek:

Republique can jump in a lake though >_<

PaulSane

I've found a fatal flaw in God Eater - since i started playing it, i missed every single giveaway here :p

Also, i bought Titan Quest Anniversary edition, since i've only owned a disc copy of the original waaay back in the day and have never bought it on Steam - game still holds up in terms of looks. Gameplay shows it's age though - it's a bit clunky in places, but it's still a fun game i remember it to be.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm going to guess Sunless Sea

That seems about ripe for a monthly

HOPING for either Shovel Knight or Superhot but those would be good teaser games probably

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Castle of Illusion -- MB-48F1257CD7FD9C40 - Taken by bloke

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, prepared to be disappointed because there are no jump scares in Soma. I mean, I would define it a sci-fi game, not even a survival horror. There are like 10 room with monsters in Soma, not even comparable to Amnesia...and monsters are dumb like a brick. Still a very good game with a very interesting plot, but not a good survival horror.

Well maybe not the pants-wetting then. But it should be fun and interesting all the same - it seems to be very highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom