• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Kind of. It should be removed from everyone's vocabulary, it only seems to cause havoc.

I'm trying to remember when I actually used the term even jokingly, and I don't think I have; I would bring up how PC ver. of a game would be the Definitive edition though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
ac07304cc0a4c40d06ab7a3b40ad8806.png

I'm just going to leave this from the recent release section here.

After seeing The Bunker is an FMV game made by people who worked on SOMA I decided to buy it as an early birthday present for myself. Now to decide to play it now or put it off a bit and play it in October fire Month if Horror Games.

Whoever running the Steam group curator needs to be fired. NeoGAF recommends Final Fantasy XIII :lol

Well done NeoGAF curator.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
STEAM | September 2016 - They don't know it yet, but they're going to pay for it

Dusk Golem

The glitch is definitely still working, I'm doing the part of the glitch where I'm on the idle screen and it doesn't go past 0 hours:

9e2a60bb301c139e58350931b35fe716.png

I've been on that screen for 2.5 hours, and have had 20-30 card drops in that period of time.

EDIT: And I just did the next game thing and got the last few drops instantaneously. Glitch 100% still works.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of SheHateMe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SheHateMe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny Moments Of Triumph Shirt Discount Code -- MB-E623276B329AB7CA - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.

t1474484575z1.png

Anustart

Don't hate me gaf. But after taking a detour from Wolfenstein to play Doom that I got on sale, then coming back to Wolfenstein today, I like it so much than the new doom. Just more my style. Doom didn't give me the 3 hour orgasm it did for so many others :( Am I banned from the October thread?

Also, going to pick up a steam link due to recommendations in OT that it would allow me access to my desktop remotely on a second monitor. Does it work ok for this? I would just be using visual studio to code in on a monitor about 20 feet from my pc.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-96A768E8F8DD6D4E - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 21 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-4DE05B8CFC52EA9D - Taken by dimmer. 5 entrants total.
Punch Club -- MB-42B87F830707926B - Taken by Ludens. 36 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-D85142024BC8CDD1 - Taken by animlboogy. 4 entrants total.
spacechem -- MB-489236BDC0B1A6BC
t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2- -- MB-F6F80A28C7A2696E - Taken by laserlaser. 42 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-B331B8E2D07BA865 - Taken by Ascheroth. 6 entrants total.
anomaly warzone earth -- MB-8274F09EDFEACEA0

t1474484764z1.png

Zeeman

The glitch is definitely still working, I'm doing the part of the glitch where I'm on the idle screen and it doesn't go past 0 hours:

I've been on that screen for 2.5 hours, and have had 20-30 card drops in that period of time.

EDIT: And I just did the next game thing and got the last few drops instantaneously. Glitch 100% still works.

Wait, so if it stays at 0 hours, cards keep dropping?

Don't hate me gaf. But after taking a detour from Wolfenstein to play Doom that I got on sale, then coming back to Wolfenstein today, I like it so much than the new doom. Just more my style. Doom didn't give me the 3 hour orgasm it did for so many others :( Am I banned from the October thread?

You're talking about the best and second best shooters in years. No one is going to hold it against you.

Unless you say you're not actually liking Doom either.

Because then we have a problem...

Pixieking

Banned
Make it a double feature with When the Wind Blows (not anime, but animated) for a jolly good time.

Heh, first time I saw that...

*film starts*

"11pm and it's an animation?!?!? Why???? Stupid Channel 4!"

*film ends*

"Oh. That's why it's on so late."

Fantastic film - everyone should watch it at least once - but by god it's depressing.

Dusk Golem

Wait, so if it stays at 0 hours, cards keep dropping?

When I idle one game and then it gets to that screen, maybe 80% of the time it will just freeze at that screen until I close and re-open idlemaster (not when that screen is the first thing I see in Idlemaster). But if I leave it on that screen, when it checks every 5 minutes, it will try to refresh the list (but fail), and when it does this I usually get a number of card drops all at once. Great for when you need to leave your PC but Idlemaster on.

Nillansan

well that's unfortunate

Yup.

It is, but to be honest I'm happy it was up for a time. Did save me a lot of time idling.

I still have more than 500 cards to idle.

God dammit Nillansan :/

Sorry Renaud, it's such a shame.

I'm trying to remember when I actually used the term even jokingly, and I don't think I have; I would bring up how PC ver. of a game would be the Definitive edition though.

I wouldn't say that mentioning the benefits of PC gaming is in any way elitist if you stick to the facts, but I know a lot of console owners still aren't able to cope with that and get hilariously defensive.

Nillansan

Please teach me how to do this, I've only used the Skip Game method.

Mivey

About movies on Steam: Is it a licensing issue that it is limited to North America? I mean, this seems to be the copyright holder, so why would they not release it worldwide?

Dusk Golem

I still need to watch Grave of the Fireflies, heard good things.

I keep meaning to watch it, especially with my friend having picked up the full Ghibli collection a while back and trying to harang me into watching them all. The way people talk about it make it sound like a real special movie.

Everyone says it's depressing, so nope!

It's a very good movie, it is depressing but has a lot of messages of hope and the importance to learn from human's transgressions in it.

If curious, here's the opening scene that leads into the rest of the movie, I do think it's a powerful opening for an even more powerful movie: https://vimeo.com/165639419

Zeeman

When I idle one game and then it gets to that screen, maybe 80% of the time it will just freeze at that screen until I close and re-open idlemaster (not when that screen is the first thing I see in Idlemaster). But if I leave it on that screen, when it checks every 5 minutes, it will try to refresh the list (but fail), and when it does this I usually get a number of card drops all at once. Great for when you need to leave your PC but Idlemaster on.

Interesting, I actually got some very quick drops last night, but I didn't realize that would be why

mp1990

Banned
As much as I am enjoying Steins Gate, I seriously want to slap the main character >_>
Yeah, he can be really annoying at the beginning, I even put the game down at first because of him... but he gets a lot better throughout the game, specifically after a certain event where his attitude gets a whole less obnoxious, so yeah, just put with it for a bit longer.

Nillansan

Okay so the glitch is definitely still working. False alarm. It just seems like there is a handful of games that it isn't working on.

Pachter posted in his thread claiming he was misquoted and the "twits" comment are complete fabrication.

Yet he still used the word "racist" when referring to PC gamers.

TIL you can get away with almost saying anything if the other person keeps poking at you for a response. Noble advice from Pachter, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom