• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

I've just started with the first one, so that's probably still a long while off :)

Yes it is. Also, keep in mind that the first game is really more like a tutorial for the other games. I blew through it fairly quickly and was kind of disappointed, but the second and third games are where the difficulty's really at.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Frustrated_Grunt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil Daggers -- MB-76C4E3B13AD3198A - Taken by ibn Saïd. 7 entrants total.

t1474498024z1.png

Parsnip

Finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I enjoyed Jensening my way through airducts and stuff, it's a pretty good game.

The ending was really lame though. I don't have a problem with how the story played out, but very specifically how they deliver the ending to you.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if we'll get a demo at some point... the data mining would be crazy, though.

The demo is supposedly gonna hint PC and Xbox one. Wouldn't be surprised if besides timed exclusivity. If cleaning up for data mining is part of the reason for it taking so long.

I'm tempted to grab Black Ops II however the previous game ran terribly on my system. Every other COD except BO1 runs fine, even MW3. Is it optimized for AMD or is it the mess the first game was where Treyarch forget AMD based systems are kinda prominent?

Parsnip

Inspired by the "Arkham Knight PC or PS4 thread" I think I'm going to play the season pass content from Arkham Knight next.

Shadow of Mordor is still a fun game... but my goodness does it have tearing, even with vsync on. So weird.

Also I learned that you can use a female skin from the campaign but everyone refers to the ranger as male still. I like that they included it, but it's kinda weird.
Inspired by the "Arkham Knight PC or PS4 thread" I think I'm going to play the season pass content from Arkham Knight next.

See you in four hours.

Dr Dogg

Well my most recent 'monitor' upgrade was a Full HD Sony projector. Probably the best one I've made in a while and knocks the shit out of my 4K tv which has been banished to the spare room.

Pringles can for scale which is about the height of a 23-24" monitor. Roughly about 126" image. input latency is about just sub 20ms (stopwatched so not entirely accurate) and managed to get it to refresh at 82hz before going out of range.

When I get some spare time (not that's ever going to happen) got a project on the cards for a custom screen and masking system.

kevin1025

Banned
Well my most recent 'monitor' upgrade was a Full HD Sony projector. Probably the best one I've made in a while and knocks the shit out of my 4K tv which has been banished to the spare room.

Pringles can for scale which is about the height of a 23-24" monitor. Roughly about 126" image. input latency is about just sub 20ms (stopwatched so not entirely accurate) and managed to get it to refresh at 82hz before going out of range.

When I get some spare time (not that's ever going to happen) got a project on the cards for a custom screen and masking system.

Use it to play Diablo II!

That looks awesome.

Parsnip

See you in four hours.
So I hear.

Jesus man.
How much does a projector like that go for anyways?

Dr Dogg

Use it to play Diablo II!

That looks awesome.

Tried it when there was a new patch on the PTR and looks pretty sweet. Thankfully D3 is so easy to run so piled on the resolution and AA as at that display size any aliasing stands out a mile.

Jesus man.
How much does a projector like that go for anyways?

About the cost of 3 shitty mid range Samsung 4K tvs about a year ago but it's a Sony product and they're always overpriced for what they are. Was a toss up between this and an Epson but didn't like the black performance of that and it made this weird clicking and grinding sound due to an auto adjusting iris. This one was pretty silent and has some insane colour reproduction for a pj. Contrast takes a kicking with ambient light in the room but still perfectly usable in the day.

Anno

Civ 5 is six years old today. Over 9M copies sold and still one of the most played games in the world. Also up there in terms of amazing modding communities! Let's hope C6 experiences as much or even more success.

oipic

Civ 5 is six years old today. Over 9M copies sold and still one of the most played games in the world. Also up there in terms of amazing modding communities! Let's hope C6 experiences as much or even more success.

Wow, how time flies, huh? The longevity of its appeal, and the size of its player base, would be the envy of most in the gaming industry, but boy, I imagine it would also heap the pressure onto the team furiously coding Civ 6 as we speak. After a lukewarm start in the eyes of many, Civ 5 has grown some very big shoes that would be hard to fill.

Civ 5 was incidentally the last 'physical'* game I purchased, and my most recent pre-order.

* - Steam key in a box, redundant disc never left the case

Tried it when there was a new patch on the PTR and looks pretty sweet. Thankfully D3 is so easy to run so piled on the resolution and AA as at that display size any aliasing stands out a mile.

About the cost of 3 shitty mid range Samsung 4K tvs about a year ago but it's a Sony product and they're always overpriced for what they are. Was a toss up between this and an Epson but didn't like the black performance of that and it made this weird clicking and grinding sound due to an auto adjusting iris. This one was pretty silent and has some insane colour reproduction for a pj. Contrast takes a kicking with ambient light in the room but still perfectly usable in the day.

What model is it? I'm still rocking an Epson TW1000, closing in on 4000 hours. Works great still, but I'm only using it for movie/game nights with some folks.

You can turn off the auto iris btw.

Anno

Wow, how time flies, huh? The longevity of its appeal, and the size of its player base, would be the envy of most in the gaming industry, but boy, I imagine it would also heap the pressure onto the team furiously coding Civ 6 as we speak. After a lukewarm start in the eyes of many, Civ 5 has grown some very big shoes that would be hard to fill.

Civ 5 was incidentally the last 'physical'* game I purchased, and my most recent pre-order.

* - Steam key in a box, redundant disc never left the case

Yeah, Ed Beach and his team have an enormous burden of expectations on their shoulders. Thankfully they've proven themselves in the past and have already shown quite a bit of convincingly solid footage with a month yet to go. So I have faith.

Dr Dogg

What model is it? I'm still rocking an Epson TW1000, closing in on 4000 hours. Works great still, but I'm only using it for movie/game nights with some folks.

You can turn off the auto iris btw.

I bought a HW45ES and the Epson I was looking at was a TW9200 (although their model numbers are all out of whack between Europe, the States and Japan). Been toying with the idea of a projector for a while (although I've own a couple in the past, pre HD days) and even after a couple of months the wow factor hasn't worn off.

Accoun

I'm still rocking a 1080p ASUS Monitor from like 2010.
Using this bad boy until it's absolutely dead.
I'm using a CRT monitor from like... I dunno, but way back.
It's not broken yet.

Also: CIV V, huh? I remember when it was still to be the controversial newcomer, made by different people. Time sure flies.

Parsnip

Decided to fire up Dark Souls 3 and get my save ready for the DLC now rather than later.

Too bad I forgot to backup the save before ng+, so this save which seems to be after Deacons in NG+ will have to do.
Also someone apparently figured out how poise actually works now as opposed to it just being turned off as it originally seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom