• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
mFx85vf.png

I have this spare too.

Happy birthday!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Been a lot of word that Tales of Berseria is actually one of the best Tales of Games in years, if not one of the best in the whole series. Happy it's coming to PC, getting excited. The impressions from importers on the internet, here on GAF, Japanese players, and a few friends who imported it have been absolutely glowing.

Levyne

Banned
Been a lot of word that Tales of Berseria is actually one of the best Tales of Games in years, if not one of the best in the whole series. Happy it's coming to PC, getting excited.

I'm only an hour into Zesty but part of me wants to complete it before Berseria gets over here, but I hear Zest is awful..

Teppic

Been a lot of word that Tales of Berseria is actually one of the best Tales of Games in years, if not one of the best in the whole series. Happy it's coming to PC, getting excited. The impressions from importers on the internet, here on GAF, Japanese players, and a few friends who imported it have been absolutely glowing.
I believe it when I see it. I hope it's good. I need more good JRPG's

BHK3

Banned
whats the point of nvidias 'optimization' shit? It just always wants to turn everything up to max on all the games i own(even quantum break lmao) and play with 25 fps...

Zeknurn

whats the point of nvidias 'optimization' shit? It just always wants to turn everything up to max on all the games i own(even quantum break lmao) and play with 25 fps...

The settings are crowd sourced and most people are fine with playing at 25 fps.

It's optimized, don't know why you'd think otherwise.

Optimized for Nvidia's bank account in order to get you to buy a 1080 to get acceptable performance at their recommended settings.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
About movies on Steam: Is it a licensing issue that it is limited to North America? I mean, this seems to be the copyright holder, so why would they not release it worldwide?

Distribution rights for films tend to be split among various companies worldwide as a means of reducing the financial risk, and in many cases a distinction is made between theatrical and home media releases -- Company A has the rights to distribute the film theatrically while Company B is slated to handle DVD/BD/VoD releases in the same region. Grave of the Fireflies, for instance, is being published on Steam by Sentai Filmworks and it only has home media distribution rights for the US.

The bigger the production company, the less true this becomes, though, with Disney being a prime example.

Beat Slain: Back From Hell (improved version), pretty good. Combat felt good, wasn't much in the way of platforming challenge but the controls were responsive, some great sprite work.

Level design was pretty standard, couple areas could have used an extra checkpoint, and I found it odd that there are three weapon types but they behave the same and only have minor damage buffs that I don't even know apply to what enemies most of the time. But overall I'd recommend it, ran through it in a little over 5 hours and was engaged throughout.

Anything else notable on Steam similar to the early Castlevanias? I have Volgar the Viking but couldn't handle the lack of checkpoints.

The weapons give more than just a small damage buff. It's more apparent the bigger enemies, where the right choice of weapon can halve the number of attacks needed to kill them. For example, you go from 5 to 2 charged attacks for several types of giant skeleton, if I recall correctly, by picking the right weapon. That said, there were a few enemies for which I could not figure out the appropriate choice of weapon, and the visual design is not consistently indicative of the appropriate choice of weapon.

But I do agree that there could have been more done to differentiate the weapons, as well as the associated spells.

Tizoc

is Wonder Boy coming to Steam?

Be more specific please?
Do you mean the NEW game inspired by the Monster World series called Monster Boy which has been slated for PC since its reveal nearly a year ago?

Or do you mean Monster World Dragon's Trap remake which was announced for PC upon reveal some months ago?

Or the recent Wonder Boy Returns, being a 'Flash' drawn remake of Wonder Boy 1 which even in its thread title on GAF, it states it is coming to PC ergo Steam?

Do clarify lad!

galv

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Windows 10 updates by the way, for anyone who wants to play Fallout 3/NV, Windows 10's latest update broke something in Nvidia's drivers, so the games don't even load and CTDs. For Fallout NV, I used the beta build of NVAC which finally allowed me to get into the game, however, there's a ton of glitches (everyone's bald...) and the game is actively trying to crash every few minutes and at every load screen. Some users on r/fnv have stated that you can rollback Nvidia drivers to 368.xx which should resolve all current issues. No luck for AMD either right now, as apparently they're also suffering from similar issues, which also can be fixed with a driver rollback.

Nvidia's official 372.90 release document states that the CTD for Bethesda titles (F3, NV, Skyrim) is a known issue not caused by Nvidia's drivers, so it's unlikely that they're going to fix it in a future driver update, and I doubt Microsoft is going to do so either. AMD having the same issue leads me to believe that Microsoft screwed up somewhere. So hopefully a mod fixes all the issues, I'm hoping that NVAC can do it.

FWIW, Skyrim worked fine for me, and it only seems to be F3/NV that have the issue.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Really great to hear that Beseria is good. Will have to check it out as soon as it's on steam.

I just finished Pillars of Eternity last week and in addition to thinking it would have been better if the story didn't fall off after leaving Dyrwood I wish it had been turn based instead. Still enjoyed it even if I was a bit disappointed for an Obsidian game and thought The White March expansion was the most enjoyable part,
even with the bullshit strong crazy people who'd lost their minds in the hidden Temple of Ondra.
I liked Pillars most when I the story had to do with the lore of the world and wasn't about
Thaos
and being a watcher.
Agreed 100%, although I can't comment on the expansions because I still haven't gotten them yet, steam sales pls. ;-; Still, it was my first CRPG so I really enjoyed it regardless. Happy birthday dude.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Be more specific please?
Do you mean the NEW game inspired by the Monster World series called Monster Boy which has been slated for PC since its reveal nearly a year ago?

Or do you mean Monster World Dragon's Trap remake which was announced for PC upon reveal some months ago?

Or the recent Wonder Boy Returns, being a 'Flash' drawn remake of Wonder Boy 1 which even in its thread title on GAF, it states it is coming to PC ergo Steam?

Do clarify lad!

the one with furries

Wok

Pavilion will have a slight delay.

lkqsWZI.png

Meanwhile, the Steam key from Humble Store for Sorcery Part 4 is available, but the game is not out yet on Steam and cannot be downloaded.

Wok

These are games which are to be released on Steam today and which might be worth a look or two. We are getting to the end of this week full of game releases.

Drayco21

Oranges gets no love.

Secret best batman.

Origins really did deserve an update alongside Asylum and City- it felt a bit more janky than the others, but even with all that, I think it was second only to the first game. Best boss fights and most fun roster of villains in the series by a mile too- Knight should've learned something from that end of things at least.

Deques

My corresponding page looks to include activity from the past four weeks/a month or so.

Hmm... so two more weeks until the list gets cleaned. Steam should change so that it only list last two weeks activity, at least so it corresponds the hours played from recent games >.<

For some strange reason the Nvidia optimized settings (and their corresponding guides when Andy makes one) always target 40fps when recommending settings for any GPU. I'm not particularly sure why they do this, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's partially because most people are actually okay playing games at 30-40fps and partially because games are rather demanding these days and hitting 60fps might be out of reach for all but the top end cards.

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Samorost 2 -- MB-73A994F298B846D6 - Taken by ExoSoul

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 43 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overcast -- MB-CA42DC5A02AC6EEF - Taken by spacellama
Particula -- MB-2452B986DA93D33D - Taken by jesusraz
Why so Evil -- MB-602D70B77A5136B4 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Heaven Island -- MB-DCCDFAC88620D68D - Taken by rainking187
Big Space Mess #3 -- MB-AF3F9CC6E6243512 - Taken by dave is ok
Particula #2 -- MB-94B49FB75190B5B8 - Taken by gaiadyne
Particula #3 -- MB-4E51D6E602B826F0
Heaven Island Life #4 -- MB-03C093F2783A7229 - Taken by electroflame
Heaven Island Life #5 -- MB-05DE858BE4A5654F - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Heaven Island Life #2 -- MB-7AE7C2E8574F702F - Taken by celsowmbr
Woodle Tree Adventures #5 -- MB-5F552519AF553918 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total. - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures #4 -- MB-A37015C291BD3F76 - Taken by jesusraz
Woodle Tree Adventures #3 -- MB-B37FB80075DCA086 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Big Space Mess #2 -- MB-18F2B379A4D4844B - Taken by Loptous
GooCubelets -- MB-267A233B904F80F1 - Taken by Vipu
Endorlight -- MB-4E26BE9D081CFBED - Taken by Santerestil
This stuff is still here.

Pixieking

Banned
Mysterrryyyyyyyy....

Anyone seen this? £6.99 for a mystery game?

We're at Eurogamer Expo 2016 from Thursday the 22nd to Sunday the 25th of September 2016! We'll be showing off our hot new Green Man Gaming Publishing titles, including one no one has ever seen before! Additionally, we're giving away games to ANYONE who swings by our stand. Check out more here.

NB. Do be aware that this Bundle may contain Steam, Origin, GOG or Uplay keys. Check your key delivery email for further information. Game keys are allocated randomly and customers may receive the same game twice, or a game they already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom