• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an odd thing to say. I recall one of the writers of the games responding to criticism by saying the games only seem crappy because only above average VNs get translated and get any recognition.

They are good for the price. I've played some pretty crappy VNs and they are still better than those. Of course they are not going to be Root Double or Steins;Gate quality at $10.

rtcn63

For some reason, they decided to make the
Crossbow
weapon in Bioshock use the same hard-as-fuck-to-see reticule as the pistol. With a mouse, not a problem. With a gamepad and aim assist off, hitting shit can be incredibly difficult.

Also I saw my first blonde little sister.

Anustart

I'm in a rut over here. Can't decide what to continue playing.

Just today I've bounced from Wolfenstein to Darksiders to Skyrim. I need to pick something a stay a while.

Have prison architect which I wouldn't mind sinking time into but can't seem to hit the play button on. Banner Saga that I got in the humble monthly. Played the opening mission, seemed okish but haven't booted it since. Tried Bioshock Remaster but crashed before I could make it to the light house.

Just today I've bounced from Wolfenstein to Darksiders to Skyrim. I need to pick something a stay a while.

Have prison architect which I wouldn't mind sinking time into but can't seem to hit the play button on. Banner Saga that I got in the humble monthly. Played the opening mission, seemed okish but haven't booted it since. Tried Bioshock Remaster but crashed before I could make it to the light house.

When in doubt, play Dota 2.

Stick with Wolfenstein. Skyrim is boring.

r3n4ud

llIkC4C.jpg

this is from my phone

For some reason, they decided to make the
Crossbow
weapon in Bioshock use the same hard-as-fuck-to-see reticule as the pistol. With a mouse, not a problem. With a gamepad and aim assist off, hitting shit can be incredibly difficult.

Also I saw my first blonde little sister.

Just wrench everything. Except Big Daddies, where it's acceptable to use your heaviest artillery.

rtcn63

Just wrench everything. Except Big Daddies, where it's acceptable to use your heaviest artillery.

Big Daddies get stuck on the scenery a lot. I remember one couldn't get between a pillar and a wall, and I just stood there and wailed on him with shotgun rounds. The electric buck in particular stun-locks, but then you have to reload...

Werd

Beat Slain: Back From Hell (improved version), pretty good. Combat felt good, wasn't much in the way of platforming challenge but the controls were responsive, some great sprite work.

Level design was pretty standard, couple areas could have used an extra checkpoint, and I found it odd that there are three weapon types but they behave the same and only have minor damage buffs that I don't even know apply to what enemies most of the time. But overall I'd recommend it, ran through it in a little over 5 hours and was engaged throughout.

Anything else notable on Steam similar to the early Castlevanias? I have Volgar the Viking but couldn't handle the lack of checkpoints.

for idle master, do you have to install all your games? i've tried the glitch, it worked for a bit but now cards ain't dropping. restarting idle master doesn't fix it

kurahador

Seems like Windows 10 has some major update and now my pc is slower than ever to boot and the UI becomes less responsive.
They even removed the option to opt out auto update. :/

Stump, pls.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sparkle 2 -- MB-7D388B4D92C37EDE - Taken by fuzzy123

mFx85vf.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-C6393815677B0CD7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 34 entrants total.
This RPG is the T1tS
Mystery Game -- MB-B5B084A80FE0A6C4 - Taken by Accoun. 39 entrants total.
I can't come up with anything here, it's SOMA and it's really great
Mystery Game -- MB-B52D66B947AEABE1 - Taken by PaulSane. 63 entrants total.
It would be a Sin 2 not enter for this game
Mystery Game -- MB-15281C7E06BF30ED - Taken by Mikurden. 42 entrants total.
Will forever be a Pillar of your Steam library

t1474606910z1.png

I have this spare too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Portal 2 -- MB-D903C517094C2C16 - Taken by GaussTek

Seems like Windows 10 has some major update and now my pc is slower than ever to boot and the UI becomes less responsive.
They even removed the option to opt out auto update. :/

Check your task manager for any system files accessing either the HDD or cpu way more than they should. My fully updated laptop routinely grinds to a halt with some verson of svchost.exe or superfetch completely out of control.

Knurek

They should really just pay that one fan translation team and put the VN out officially, considering how big the series is and how successful the recent show was- seems crazy to me how little interest they seem to have in taking advantage of their fans outside of Japan.

Let me tell you about Japanese doujin devs and their weird views regarding releases outside of Japan....
Still salty ZUN actually prohibited officially translating his games and doesn't want to see Touhou on Steam

Hope you have an awesome day. ;P

Also, glad to see the comic I drew got some mileage.

Ahhh, great work and thanks!

u4NdkB7.gif

Still have to work, but then going out to my favorite bar for buffalo wings and beer afterwards, then board game night Friday! :D

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great time!

And, thanks for Portal 2, dunno why I've missed it for so long lol.

Thanks, enjoy and have fun!

Happy Birthday Ranger!

The eternal battle of turn based vs real time with pause continues on.

Whoever wins the second giveaway will enjoy som'a the best psychological horror ever made.

Happy Birthday Ranger!

The eternal battle of turn based vs real time with pause continues on.

Whoever wins the second giveaway will enjoy som'a the best psychological horror ever made.

I just finished Pillars of Eternity last week and in addition to thinking it would have been better if the story didn't fall off after leaving Dyrwood I wish it had been turn based instead. Still enjoyed it even if I was a bit disappointed for an Obsidian game and thought The White March expansion was the most enjoyable part,
even with the bullshit strong crazy people who'd lost their minds in the hidden Temple of Ondra.
I liked Pillars most when I the story had to do with the lore of the world and wasn't about
Thaos
and being a watcher.

Agree about how great SOMA. It's one of my favorites from last year though I found it less horror than I expected and a much better sci-fi story than I thought it'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom