• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virginia releases in a few hours on Steam.

There is a demo available on the store page.

It's receiving glowing reviews thus far.

I'm excited for it, can always do with more Lynchian games.

It sounds interesting, but what's the gameplay like? I see the words "Adventure," "Cinematic," and "Casual" in the tags, but I don't see "Point-and-click" and I don't see "Puzzle." When I heard "first-person adventure" I was thinking along the lines of Tesla Effect, but now I'm doubtful I'll even get that.

Ozium

I finished The Bunker.. it's pretty short, about 2 hours long.. there were some collectible achievements I missed, so I might play it again to get those...

the acting, story, cinematography etc. is pretty good but as a game it's OK. It's more like an interactive movie than it is an adventure game.. Contraidiction, for instance, had more agency in where you can go and puzzles to solve via finding things in the environment, etc. Not much of that in The Bunker..

It's pretty entertaining and has a nice atmosphere.. the music is great, but I think it's overpriced at $20...

wait for a sale

edit: and damn when posting about THE BUNKER I see that someguyinahat just posted...

Ludens

Banned
But you don't want them. Waste your money on that mystery pack instead :)

It's not even a pack but a single game.

I finished The Bunker.. it's pretty short, about 2 hours long.. there were some collectible achievements I missed, so I might play it again to get those...

the acting, story, cinematography etc. is pretty good but as a game it's OK. It's more like an interactive movie than it is an adventure game.. Contraidiction, for instance, had more agency in where you can go and puzzles to solve via finding things in the environment, etc. Not much of that in The Bunker..

It's pretty entertaining and has a nice atmosphere.. the music is great, but I think it's overpriced at $20...

wait for a sale

It's pretty much on par with The Missing, than. But that, at least, was a 1 hour game for like 4€. 20€ seems very overpriced, yeah.

Wok

Wow. Just got Mafia III. Cool.

Publisher: Green Man Gaming

?!

I don't see it there.

zwmxyg9.jpg

Ludens

Banned
Well guys, going to work now, I expect to find several Dark Souls 3 giveaways when I'll come back from that GMG mystery.
That or a lot of people suicided because they wasted 7€ on Woodle Tree.

Nabs

Come on, you could have gotten Quell!

You're right. One sec.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack -- MB-7ABEA139F2A6031D
FOOTLOL -- MB-11EDABAF2362A375 - Taken by fuzzy123

Corpekata

Banned
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Time Gentlemen Please -- MB-11D42D147863A6A7
Chainsaw Warrior -- MB-788CEEFBE0791A69 - Taken by MaxiLive
Point Perfect -- MB-8F6B27F678BFC590 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Gravi -- MB-D59492FD1A770A7C - Taken by ThirtyFour
Legendary -- MB-0AE71C1191F34DC6 - Taken by hannes
Insecticide -- MB-2A53E7924318047D - Taken by Santerestil
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-C32B533277F226A2 - Taken by Loptous
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-4A6B2C2E07FC8B40 - Taken by alr1ght
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-22C307B9CBDE529F - Taken by voodooray

Some random bullshit from GMG mystery packs.

Ozium

Sunless Sea now on Unity 5 which enables you to rescale the text and UI... prepping for the expansion released in 18 days

Afro

So I just learned I can add Steam to the Xbox App, launch Rocket League, and record 60fps clips for my console buds to watch. This is new w/ the Win10 Anniversary update, right? This is cool. Wish there was a list of all the games this works with because the Xbox App won't recognize The Witness even though that just released on Xbone.

data

DS4Windows disconnects me all the time when using bluetooth, inputmapper just makes my controller unresponsive for 3 seconds and then is usable again. So inputmapper is superior if you don't mind the layout/ads

Teppic

Sunless Sea now on Unity 5 which enables you to rescale the text and UI... prepping for the expansion released in 18 days
Thanks for the heads up. I have the game but waited for UI changes.

DS4 users: DS4Windows has been updated to support the new DS4 USB Dongle, and fix exclusivity issues with the latest version of Windows 10. https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/releases
That's good news! I can now update to anniversary update without it feeling like a downgrade (I hope)

More importantly - white tray icon!
Should be red!

Isn't InputMapper the superior solution when it comes to DS4?
It got ads.

Corpekata

Banned
Finished the Bunker. It's alright. Contradiction and Her Story outclass it fairly easily simply because the lead in Bunker is only barely a character, and he doesn't really have much dialogue.

Still, the whole "filmed in a real bunker" thing is cool and leads to some good atmosphere.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't notice those since it's always minimized to the system tray. DS4Windows detects an extra controller with FIFA 17 so you're essentially playing against yourself. InputMapper seems to fix that.

That's the Exclusive Mode bug that plagues all of those programs, and there's fixes for all of them, including what prompted the program being posted about in this thread on this page in the first place.

Jawmuncher

Seems odd for them not to include it. Since to me, it would maybe entice people to get an Xbox one, barely but it's still there.

Not sure if the physical copies of GoW4 come with codes for the back compat games or if they just add them to your account when it detects the game like Ultimate Edition. If they do I might just try to source them from someone since most people probably got them through GoW Ultimate Edition then I can pick up a cheaper copy of 4.

Edit: Actually, Amazon says this

"Purchase and play Gears of War 4 by 23:59 GMT on Saturday, 31 December, 2016 and get the Xbox 360 Gears of War collection, playable on Xbox One. These codes will be delivered via the Xbox messaging system automatically"

So it might actually work the same way as Ultimate did in which case the PC version will come with them but later, which is dumb.

Awesome! Looking forward to the Submariner expansion too

Zubmariner! In the Zee.

Dawn of War 2 is kind of eh. It's not un-fun, but it simple didn't hook me.

I half-agree. I really enjoyed DoW2 and Chaos Rising's campaigns, but the actual gameplay (as seen in multiplayer) isn't my cup of tea at all. Kind of like Warcraft 3's campaign vs. vanilla multiplayer skirmishes.

And yeah DoW3 isn't interesting me at all. The heroes make it all interesting.

Zubmariner! In the Zee.

I half-agree. I really enjoyed DoW2 and Chaos Rising's campaigns, but the actual gameplay (as seen in multiplayer) isn't my cup of tea at all. Kind of like Warcraft 3's campaign vs. vanilla multiplayer skirmishes.

And yeah DoW3 isn't interesting me at all. The heroes make it all interesting.
Do you even get to do something more than leading 4 small squads in small uninspired maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom