• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regginator

Banner Saga is in the monthly bundle? Too bad I didn't subscribe for one month, I've been eyeing Banner Saga for a while.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was subscribed to the Humble Monthly for 30 minutes before canceling

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-C3164E4D5458E225 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 10 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-1280790DCDE4B795 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 5 entrants total.

t1472837147z1.png

iiicon

I'm leaning towards getting the early unlock for the October Humble Bundle. With Ladykiller in a Bind getting delayed a couple weeks, I think I have enough time in my schedule to play Grim Dawn.

Or maybe I should just play the games from August I haven't heard of.

Amzin

I just bought Epistory 2 days ago, damnit. Think I have less than 2 hours on it though. I really enjoy it so would be worth the bundle right there as it was $9.50 or so.

Wrestling is literally nothing to me, so dunno... SOMA I was interested in. Banner Saga I always avoided buying because of the few negative comments about it but for part of a bundle why not. All in all, it's a decent one for me if I get my Epistory refund for sure.

I already have Grim Dawn at like 30-40 hours played soooo not real keen on next month.

How's Grim Dawn compared to Diablo or Path of Exile?

It's exactly like Titan Quest, if you ever played that. A lot slower than Diablo, a lot differently built than PoE. Story is very linear, there's lots of side dungeons to dig into but honestly the game over all doesn't hit the right mix for me for that kind of game - it requires way way too much time investment to try out a build, and way too much investment in passive stats if you want to go to harder settings.

SSPssp

Extra:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Town of Salem -- MB-E82DDB9D4C9555BD - Taken by Snakethesniper

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jawmuncher:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Town of Salem -- MB-760FCB15C3CC560D - Taken by AsylumX

sadblob

It's exactly like Titan Quest, if you ever played that. A lot slower than Diablo, a lot differently built than PoE. Story is very linear, there's lots of side dungeons to dig into but honestly the game over all doesn't hit the right mix for me for that kind of game - it requires way way too much time investment to try out a build, and way too much investment in passive stats if you want to go to harder settings.

Mmm, looks like it's not my cup of tea.

But perhaps I'll look into it if I can get a friend convinced to play co-op.

Monooboe

If I would ask for a refund on steam, there is no chance of me getting the cash into steam wallet this weekend right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Eight games but only six Steam keys, and the others are just demos. Two games I already owned on Steam, which is the first time that's happened in the history of the monthly bundle (so I thought it'd be a pretty safe bet), and then on top of that I get a wrestling game that is already free on Xbox.

Well like I said I bought it for Soma at $10 and I knew it would be sight unseen but... damn.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
It is an "exclusive peek demo" at the first episode. This is... I have no word.

oThIs3O.png

This can't be. It has to be at least Episode 1 when it gets released, right?

Hektor

Yea, i already cancelled my subscription again. I were just in for SOMA, i'm absolutely not willing to buy games blind, and the reactions here on GAF prove my decision right every time.

Regginator

If I would ask for a refund on steam, there is no chance of me getting the cash into steam wallet this weekend right?

I think you would. The one and only time I asked for a refund on Steam, I got the money in my wallet within 48 hours easily. If I remember correctly even around 24 hours.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This is two months in a row of kind of bad bundles. I still don't think this is as bad as last months, but still: Time to cancel

yoshizzle

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yoshizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

SUPERFIGHT -- MB-BEA5119DDCBAEF00 - Taken by Dusk Golem

Wok

Reads to me like you get the 1st episode. Which is a peak at the full game. Nothing wrong with that imo. Good bundle overall.

Except that there might be no second episode. I asked the devs about that like 2 months ago. Unless the guy who answered is a joker.

Hektor

I actually wanted to buy AoT just now, but then i saw that The Warlock of Firetop Mountain just released.

Poor Kekmo can't catch a break

If i try to refund a game i've played for 2.5 hours, so half an hour more than allowed by steam, am i entering filthy thiefing territory?

Cos i'm honestly not feeling Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

And now i'd be missing out on preorder discount and the free DLC for AoT. Ugh.

Wok

I wish the size of games were written somewhere. That catch game weights 40.6 GB, I am never downloading that. I was already abashed when I saw the game size of Mad Max... I want my games to be 5 GB max.

Anybody knows the game size of Grim Dawn?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Town of Salem -- MB-B5BA01E685670313 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Castle of Illusion -- MB-BCE6BAA3DFCE7C88 - Taken by someguyinahat. 18 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-FD4E2AFC1792B659 - Taken by Lashley. 2 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-3D6C2798E0A426E7 - Taken by TheLight. 4 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-FCA378A14DA41DE9 - Taken by yuraya. 8 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-9926FC4AFC1DB1F5 - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.

t1472849114z1.png
Happy Labor Day Weekend GAF

data

I wish the size of games were written somewhere. That catch game weights 40.6 GB, I am never downloading that. I was already abashed when I saw the game size of Mad Max... I want my games to be 5 GB max.

5GB max? Are you gonna stick to playing indies for the rest of your life?

games are usually 10-50gb now

Anno

Steam tells me Grim Dawn is 3.9GB installed

Wok

5GB max? Are you gonna stick to playing indies for the rest of your life?

games are usually 10-50gb now

Most games except the occasional AAA release fit in less than 10 GB. Across all of my Steam library, these are the games that are installed and weight more than 10 GB.

Not all of them are worth the download, so if I want to try a catch game, I don't want to download 40 GB.

I remember Max Payne 3 was big too.

Steam tells me Grim Dawn is 3.9GB installed

Thank you. Now that is a reasonable size for a game in a Humble Monthly Bundle.

Phawx

When PS+/GwG titles are added, I mentally remember that I have them, so when there are Steam keys of them, I always think I have them on Steam for some reason.

I was certain I owned Banner Saga on Steam, but nope. Now I'm not even sure *where* I own Banner Saga. Pretty sure I have part 2 on X1

Edit: Think I'll go for Oct to get Grim Dawn.

Jawmuncher

When PS+/GwG titles are added, I mentally remember that I have them, so when there are Steam keys of them, I always think I have them on Steam for some reason.

I was certain I owned Banner Saga on Steam, but nope. Now I'm not even sure *where* I own Banner Saga. Pretty sure I have part 2 on X1

Edit: Think I'll go for Oct to get Grim Dawn.

Yeah that's what you have. This is why I don't mind this bundle being the 1st game, since i have the 2nd now on Xb1. So having both now even on seperate platforms works out.

Nabs

Yeah that's what you have. This is why I don't mind this bundle being the 1st game, since i have the 2nd now on Xb1. So having both now even on seperate platforms works out.

That makes it sting a bit more. I forgot it was GwG in July.

The Steam version of Quantum Break has been delayed

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-steam-version-of-quantum-break-has-been-delayed/

29th now

Kinda close to Shadow Warrior 2. Oh well, guess it'll be just an expensive few weeks.

I'd be happy with the Monthly if I didn't own WWE 2K16, but alas, I do. I actually reinstalled it a few weeks back as I wanted to update the roster, add the new belts and maybe continue MyCareer a bit. Being able to download CAWs and other created stuff amazes me after the PS2 days of printing off formulas and doing it by hand.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Ikaruga got left out of the pretty awesome shoot em up sale this weekend ;_;

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-C1C0CDAF28016083 - Taken by Accoun. 8 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-71D2B72DFA99E0B3 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WWE 2K16 -- MB-54DC3E68609D3871 - Taken by redlacs. 10 entrants total.

t1472841410z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hell of a monthly for me. Soma of course, and then Epistory and Sheltered which I wanted bad, and WWE as a bonus. Now thats worth 12€

Bad start to the next one since I own grim dawn tho

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Lethal League -- MB-713231D2F0F0938C - Taken by Asiratlan. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WWE 2K16 -- MB-DA217C16BCA18A11 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 9 entrants total.

t1472841971z1.png

Have fun, wrestling fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom