• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I am not sure about that. The newegg 1 cent codes never got revoked.

What is sad to see though is that people feel entitled to a game they got through a bug/glitch. In the thread there are a lot of people already saying how shitty it would be if the keys get revoked....

Dirt Rally codes werent revoked. The codes for redemption on the AMD site? Yes. But any people that managed to activate the game got to keep it.

Newegg even emailed. heh.

That I got to keep it that is

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I am not sure about that. The newegg 1 cent codes never got revoked.

What is sad to see though is that people feel entitled to a game they got through a bug/glitch. In the thread there are a lot of people already saying how shitty it would be if the keys get revoked....
I paid £8 for my code. If it get's revoked, I can't complain.

I don't even have enough in my bank right now to try for a cheap Gears 4 code

oh well...won't be the first time I have to miss out on something (even with the risk)

Jawmuncher

Amazon sending out Gears code for people who ain't paying.
Can't even send me a Beta code for Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. Something that doesn't even affect their bottom line.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think Amazon charges before they ship, so you don't actually need money.

While Amazon doesn't actually debit your card until the order is being prepared for shipping, an authorisation is placed, so I think you still need enough in your account to cover the cost of the order.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I wanted to take a moment to thank the weebs. I take back any harmful things I have said. If I can sell you all cards from dang Vanguard Princess for .16 apiece, I can abide by your perversions.

Thank you for your service.

You've found the goldmine of selling anime steamcards. I still have no idea who these weebs who buy anime cards are even as a "weeb" myself.

madjoki

While Amazon doesn't actually debit your card until the order is being prepared for shipping, an authorisation is placed, so I think you still need enough in your account to cover the cost of the order.

At least for me they didn't when I preordered $15 Hitman early this year,
I accidentally put wrong expiry date and they didn't notice until game was released. Got email telling they weren't able to charge card and asking to revise card information.

So Nvidia seems to be looking into the micron issue? I didn't know it was a problem Tbh but I don't over clock until I need to.

my 1070 SC uses Samsung memory so doesn't effect me...I think the MSI ones are the main ones that use memory from Micron AFAIK (at least from that least time I saw someone talk about it)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least for me they didn't when I preordered $15 Hitman early this year,
I accidentally put wrong expiry date and they didn't notice until game was released. Got email telling they weren't able to charge card and asking to revise card information.

Ah. It may depend on your bank. I did once have an issue with an order that wasn't despatched on the scheduled date as I'd forgotten all about it and lacked the funds, but I can't remember if this was also the case when I placed it.

Kiru

my 1070 SC uses Samsung memory so doesn't effect me...I think the MSI ones are the main ones that use memory from Micron AFAIK (at least from that least time I saw someone talk about it)

AFAIK all current 1070s have Micron, you only got old stock.

fantomena

So Unravel is pretty good ya guys.

Currently have that, the new NFS and ME: Catalyst installed on Origin. Feel like I need to play thoise before buying anything else.

NeoRaider

So ppl are ordering GPUs, Amazon and other stores are sending them game codes first and then ppl are canceling GPU orders, but keeping and selling game codes? Am i right?

If yes, sorry but that's really disgusting thing to do. I hope they revoke them.

kurahador

This pops up in my facebook page.
lmKkZZm.jpg
Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom