• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RootCause

So ppl are ordering GPUs, Amazon and other stores are sending them game codes first and then ppl are canceling GPU orders, but keeping and selling game codes? Am i right?

If yes, sorry but that's really disgusting thing to do. I hope they revoke them.
Would be funny if they charged them for the game. :p

This pops up in my facebook page.

Yikes.

Mailman is team red confirmed. jk. :p

But seriously, that sucks. :(

madjoki

So ppl are ordering GPUs, Amazon and other stores are sending them game codes first and then ppl are canceling GPU orders, but keeping and selling game codes? Am i right?

If yes, sorry but that's really disgusting thing to do. I hope they revoke them.

Yup. And worst thing is, even when codes are revoked, those sellers don't really lose, only those who bought from them. Sellers mostly use system that don't provide buyer protection (Paypal gift, skrill, bitcoin)

madjoki

I go all the way to my local store to buy all my computer components and carry them home, it's shit but maybe it's a good thing

Well, that's not an option in most of Finland (where image is from). Outside few cities, there are no real computer shops.

I'm glad I never had problem with shipping of my parts.

bloke

Dunno if keys still working...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Snakebird -- MB-1E3DE827251043A1 - Taken by Kurt Russell
The Bug Butcher -- MB-ECC286D0F8A40A61 - Taken by Kifimbo
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-110D6D7A69D25890 - Taken by pantsattack
Gunman Clive -- MB-84D1E2CDCFFD9E46 - Taken by yoshizzle

Nzyme32

Yoooooooooo!
Guaranteed better than No Man's Skies

This pops up in my facebook page.

lmKkZZm.jpg

Yikes.

Noooooooooo!
Guaranteed better than UWP

Backlogger

Wow really?

How did nobody see that loophole being exploited? That's nuts

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Unravel is pretty good ya guys.

It's a shame Coldwood doesn't own the IP. I mean, sure, it didn't have to accept the publishing deal, but EA Originals* is just EA Partners with the caveat that EA owns what it funds. The initiative isn't the result of EA wanting to do more with independent developers; it's the manifestation of EA's realisation that exclusive publishing rights for x years wasn't beneficial enough for EA itself. It's a step backwards rather than forwards, unless you're in EA's shoes.

* Technically, Unravel is not an EA Originals game, but the end result is the same and it did lead to the creation of the program.

Wow really?

How did nobody see that loophole being exploited? That's nuts

To be fair, when I contacted Amazon support about getting a code that's what they told me to do, I asked it if was possible to get a $60 credit on my account instead and they did that instead because I didn't want to bother with possibly getting charged again and have to wait for a refund.

Free Battlefield 2142 sounds pretty cool. Let's see how I can do without constantly running, jumping, and going prone to avoid getting shot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Almost ready to play Mankind Divided...

deusex3kuka.jpg

The Fall is as easy as I remember it being on iPad. It's definitely a heavily watered down Deus Ex experience, but it's still decent fun. Finishing my e-book speed run in the original HR was definitely easier with Hengsha onwards (where I dropped the run) fresh in my mind. Just need to get those Praxis Kits from Deus Ex GO.

Kiru

Almost ready to play Mankind Divided...

deusex3kuka.jpg

The Fall is as easy as I remember it being on iPad. It's definitely a heavily watered down Deus Ex experience, but it's still decent fun. Finishing my e-book speed run in the original HR was definitely easier with Hengsha onwards (where I dropped the run) fresh in my mind. Just need to get those Praxis Kits from Deus Ex GO.

What would you suggest, HR regular +DLC or Director's Cut for the first time playing ?

Grief.exe

Was just checking out a PS4 loading time thread, I knew things were bad but this is terrible.

If leisure time is equal with someone on console, I am literally going to be able to fit in multiple more games over the course of a generation.

Code:
Loading Time (Seconds)	PS4 500GB Stock Drive	Seagate 1TB SSHD	OCZ Trion 100 480GB
Bloodborne - Central Yharnam	30.8	23.4	16.9
Bloodborne - Great Bridge	26.1	16.2	15.0
Bloodborne - Old Yharnam Respawn	30.7	23.9	15.4
Bloodborne - Return to Hunter's Dream	10.7	9.1	7.4
Fallout 4 - Vault 111	31.7	28.8	17.4
Fallout 4 - Exiting Vault 111	25.7	24.1	17.2
Fallout 4 - Concord Town	55.5	39.7	29.1
Fallout 4 - Diamond City	49.0	40.4	28.6
Just Cause 3 - New Game	69.9	55.6	43.8
Just Cause 3 - First Mission Respawn	28.9	25.4	21.1
Just Cause 3 - Baia	65.6	59.7	43.7
Just Cause 3 - Baia Respawn	23.4	23.2	16.2

As someone who is currently buying parts to build a PC this scary me a lot.

Why? In the highly unlikely event that happens you send the part back. Merely unfortunate circumstance, but not a legitimate fear.

JaseC

What would you suggest, HR regular +DLC or Director's Cut for the first time playing ?

For what it's worth, in my experience, the most common answer to this question is the original release + The Missing Link as the Director's Cut is based on an older build of the game and TML works better as a standalone expansion.

Dr.Acula

Banned
For what it's worth, in my experience, the most common answer to this question is the original release + The Missing Link as the Director's Cut is based on an older build of the game and TML works better as a standalone expansion.

Yes but, the boss fights have been changed and improved for the Director's Cut.

Knurek

Why? In the highly unlikely event that happens you send the part back. Merely unfortunate circumstance, but not a legitimate fear.

I would never, ever, not in a million years mail order a PC part worth more than $25.
Direct pickup from a computer store or bust.

JaseC

Admittedly, I've practically zero experience there. I just took the path of least resistance and spammed typhoon, plus I've not played the DC. I'd intended to do a DC run prior to the release of Mankind Divided, but The Witcher 3 and, to a lesser extent, Diablo 3 got in the way.

I would never, ever, not in a million years mail order a PC part worth more than $25.

I imported all of my upgrade parts from the US. The savings were too great to ignore (~$470), even though I was expecting something to go awry (nothing did, for once). The government will begin -- well, wants to begin would be more accurate as there's the matter of enforcement -- charging 10% tax on all imported goods beginning next year, though, which played a part in my decision to upgrade now rather than wait for the next crop of CPUs.

Edit: Actually, for a few days I did suspect that the integrated NIC was buggered as I couldn't get a 1Gbps LAN connection despite trying a variety of solutions. It ended up being a router issue that I corrected by switching to ADSL mode then back to wireless router mode. That's PC gaming for you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Regular and DLC afterwards. DLC drags the game out a bit too long and messes with the pacing of the finale. I had the stuttering in the DC and I do not get stuttering in the original release. I also prefer the piss-filter, it's how the game was intended to be viewed and gives the game a cool vibe.

The boss fight adjustments in the DLC feel super tacked on (because they are) and honestly don't add much. The boss fights are still stupid and out of place and are best solved with trip mines and explosive magnum bullets regardless of the difficulty you are playing so that you can get back to proper gameplay.

Kiru

Regular and DLC afterwards. DLC drags the game out a bit too long and messes with the pacing of the finale. I had the stuttering in the DC and I do not get stuttering in the original release. I also prefer the piss-filter, it's how the game was intended to be viewed and gives the game a cool vibe.

The boss fight adjustments in the DLC feel super tacked on (because they are) and honestly don't add much. The boss fights are still stupid and out of place and are best solved with trip mines and explosive magnum bullets regardless of the difficulty you are playing so that you can get back to proper gameplay.
Ok, thank you, that was my plan! :)

Alright so my write-up on Zenith was just posted.

Here's the full-review.

Or just read the ending:
Cubed3 said:
All in all, Zenith's shallow combat and lack of replay value would have been easy to ignore if the game had delivered on its promise of humour. Instead, there are tons of jokes, but most of them miss the mark. After a long enough period of time, the bad jokes stack themselves to the ceiling, and then topple over. This creates what can only be described as an apocalyptic level of misery. Whatever interesting qualities Zenith had to offer are buried, and the player is left sitting in uncomfortable silence. Suddenly, ten hours feels like an eternity.
3 out of 10

Corpekata

Banned
I've pretty much never picked up a piece of hardware at a store. Amazon and Newegg make things so easy and convenient even if something fucks up.

Corpekata

Banned

Improved is being charitable, though I suppose it is technically correct. They still are the low points of the game, and really shouldn't be a factor in decision making about what to play.

DXHR should have gone full Alpha Protocol with the bosses. AP at leas turned them into these weird retro boss moments, with introductions, phases and specific patterned attacks; making them both momorable and fun
I've pretty much never picked up a piece of hardware at a store. Amazon and Newegg make things so easy and convenient even if something fucks up.

Newegg is a godsend when you want to find a specific range of parts, particularly for upgrades. They actually list specifications, dimensions, and stuff that a lot of other places gloss over.

Wanna play through Nier again before Automata is released because it's been so long but I keep wondering if they are going to surprise us with a PC version. Seems unlikely.
Finding the time is gonna be a problem, takes me ages to finish a game these days.

Currently playing Doom and Shadowrun Dragonfall on Steam, both are great.

Werd

I beat Deus EX HR DC a month or so ago for the first time, didn't mind the boss fights.

Also didn't end up seeing the appeal of staying completely no-kill which I was considering going in. The first real mission against misguided terrorists who haven't killed anyone yet that we know of sure, and even the bulk of the game sneaking around or against outmatched random thug.... but when people Jensen actively saw killing his co-workers (
and who he thinks killed his ex
) are firing at him with automatic weapons... running around trying to figure out some way to merely incapacitate him seems a little artificial. And then especially towards the end when you
need to save your pilot

Great game though!

edit: Though maybe the story about his leaving the SWAT team justifies it more, I didn't really catch exactly what happened.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What type of game is Deus Ex: The Fall? On-rails? A normal Deus Ex? What makes it bad? Have heard lots of complaints about it.
It is normal Deus Ex gameplay but simplified to work on tablets. The AI is pretty stupid and the bodies disappear almost instantly (ram constraints). The environments and quests are simplistic. The port to PC is fine tech-wise now, but hasn't changed the gameplay at all.

redlacs

does anybody know what exactly happens when game is flagged on the store page? i mean, i imagine both devs and valve should get notified/involved..?

i used it once to report game that wouldn't run because it downloaded 0b after you tried to install it. it was magicaly fixed only minutes later, despite the fact the problem was reported days ago by multiple users on forums

Parsnip

Shit, so contradictory informations with what Steam forums seem to say.
Reset your achievements for a game to 0% and earn them back the normal way. I will have to choose soon because I have several half finished games I would like to come back to and it will not be really satisfactory if I feel like I'm putting on some years old worn shoes, for lack of a better metaphor.
Believe it or not, I'm not a fan at all of cheevos. But if we do it, then let me have some power over them.

I just tested this with Toki Tori in which I had a handful of achievements from 2011 and 2013, including the So Sad achievement. I just reset them all with SAM and then unlocked the So Sad achievement again with a new date and all.

So it definitely works just like I remember it, Steam forums are just full of bad info. :D

I always order everything online. Never had a bad package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom