• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Since I just noticed this: If you buy something over 2€/2$ on the current IndieGala sale you get Angel Express as a free bonus (newest game from the Recettear devs, cheapest it has ever been before was 6$, no clue how good it is though).
I think a few in my friendslist have it on their wishlist ;)

Tizoc

Since I just noticed this: If you buy something over 2€/2$ on the current IndieGala sale you get Angel Express as a free bonus (newest game from the Recettear devs, cheapest it has ever been before was 6$, no clue how good it is though).
I think a few in my friendslist have it on their wishlist ;)
Time to buy something then

Corpekata

Banned
Speaking of Recettear, I wonder what Carpe Fulgur are up to these days? With how many Japanese games are getting ported these days + the fallout from Trails, I wonder if they've lost their niche.

Annubis

I beat Deus EX HR DC a month or so ago for the first time, didn't mind the boss fights.

Also didn't end up seeing the appeal of staying completely no-kill which I was considering going in. The first real mission against misguided terrorists who haven't killed anyone yet that we know of sure, and even the bulk of the game sneaking around or against outmatched random thug.... but when people Jensen actively saw killing his co-workers (
and who he thinks killed his ex
) are firing at him with automatic weapons... running around trying to figure out some way to merely incapacitate him seems a little artificial. And then especially towards the end when you
need to save your pilot

Great game though!

edit: Though maybe the story about his leaving the SWAT team justifies it more, I didn't really catch exactly what happened.

I played DE:HR mostly non-lethal, but that pilot part, I always go full lethal because fuck these guys.
Actually, anyone that's an actual merc and in the business of killing others for money professionally got the lethal treatment.

Kudo

Was just checking out a PS4 loading time thread, I knew things were bad but this is terrible.

If leisure time is equal with someone on console, I am literally going to be able to fit in multiple more games over the course of a generation.

Code:
Loading Time (Seconds)	PS4 500GB Stock Drive	Seagate 1TB SSHD	OCZ Trion 100 480GB
Bloodborne - Central Yharnam	30.8	23.4	16.9
Bloodborne - Great Bridge	26.1	16.2	15.0
Bloodborne - Old Yharnam Respawn	30.7	23.9	15.4
Bloodborne - Return to Hunter's Dream	10.7	9.1	7.4
Fallout 4 - Vault 111	31.7	28.8	17.4
Fallout 4 - Exiting Vault 111	25.7	24.1	17.2
Fallout 4 - Concord Town	55.5	39.7	29.1
Fallout 4 - Diamond City	49.0	40.4	28.6
Just Cause 3 - New Game	69.9	55.6	43.8
Just Cause 3 - First Mission Respawn	28.9	25.4	21.1
Just Cause 3 - Baia	65.6	59.7	43.7
Just Cause 3 - Baia Respawn	23.4	23.2	16.2

At least there's some improvement when using SSD even though the console still uses SATA2. For Bloodborne those loading times are forgiven as the game is something that surpasses gaming (not to mention SSD load times are on acceptable levels), but I probably would have dropped Fallout 4 if it took that long to load each time on PC. I really hope Pro has SATA3 or the whole generation will be held back by the slow hard drive they have for stock, but looking at how they gimped the 4K Bluray Drive I don't think it'll be any faster than OG.

Grief.exe

At least there's some improvement when using SSD even though the console still uses SATA2. For Bloodborne those loading times are forgiven as the game is something that surpasses gaming (not to mention SSD load times are on acceptable levels), but I probably would have dropped Fallout 4 if it took that long to load each time on PC. I really hope Pro has SATA3 or the whole generation will be held back by the slow hard drive they have for stock, but looking at how they gimped the 4K Bluray Drive I don't think it'll be any faster than OG.

I doubt it since the unit comes with the same Jaguar CPU that likely lacks the bandwidth.

Tizoc

I would agree that deus ex hr original is the better way to play it altho the 2 base battery is the best alteration in director's cut imo

data

Those load times are nothing compared to when I had to sit through almost 2 minute loaidng times in Skyrim on PS3. And The Witcher 3's load time when you die and reload a save on the PS4 is around a minute.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I would agree that deus ex hr original is the better way to play it altho the 2 base battery is the best alteration in director's cut imo

Except they still only give you one on hard mode lol. Stealth is so easy in the game though and they give you a ridiculous amount of the recharges for the 10 or so moments in the game you might need more than one bar.

ArjanN

Was just checking out a PS4 loading time thread, I knew things were bad but this is terrible.

If leisure time is equal with someone on console, I am literally going to be able to fit in multiple more games over the course of a generation.

It's one of the advantages of games on PC that's often ignored IMO. I often notice it when I see someone play the console version something, and there's like a 10-15 second load time where in the PC version it was like a second / near instant. It might not seem like a huge difference but in practice it often kills the pace quite a bit.

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member
ITT:

BGF0iKz.jpg

What is that from?

cyba89

Damn, the framerate in DOOM really tanks once you get to
VEGA Central Processing
Overall fun game but I hope I get to the end soon before the arena battles with always the same enemies get too stale. Prefer Wolfenstein TNO quite a bit over DOOM.

Tellaerin

Overall fun game but I hope I get to the end soon before the arena battles with always the same enemies get too stale. Prefer Wolfenstein TNO quite a bit over DOOM.

id needs to crank out a game where you're fighting Wolfenstein-style Nazi enemies in a Doom-esque futuristic setting.

Seems like Valve is telling developers about new updates coming to the Steam Store, here are the details

* Home Page Visual Refresh: Mixing up how the front page appears, removing some visual clutter.

* Additional Left Column Navigation: The left navigational column will be getting new direct links to main features of the Steam Store, such as New Releases, Top Sellers, Upcoming Titles, etc.

* Friends Activity: A new section to the right of the front page will be dedicated to showing what your friends have been playing lately.

* Top Selling New Releases: A brand new section will be added for when a new release becomes a top selling game.

* Global Customer Preferences: A new feature that will allow customers to customize their Steam Store experience. Allowing them to opt to exclude certain products from being displayed, such as Videos, Early Access titles, Software, VR, etc.

* Targeted Visibility For New Releases: New changes will be made to how new releases will be targeted to the appropriate customers. The goal is to show the specific customer new releases that will most likely appeal to them.

* Targeted Visibility For Game Updates: Changes to how Update rounds will be made to be more direct to the customers who would want to see them. Customers who own the game or have it on their wishlist will be prioritized in showing the update.

* New Steam Curator Options: Noticing that people are using Steam Curator to give information on a title, without necessarily recommending it, there will be new tools that will allow a curator to make a distinction about whether or not they are recommending, not recommending or just giving information about a title. This will also allow Valve to better understand what curated posts should be highlighted on the front page.

* Curators In Main Capsule: The Main Capsule banner will be updated to include curators that the customer personally follows.

* Improved Steam Curator Presence: There will be a new section on the Steam Home Page that is dedicated to recommendations from curators. This space will be for recommending more anything from popular releases to more “niche” titles. Additionally, there will be a new landing page to display many recommended titles from a curator.

Source: https://techraptor.net/content/valve-announces-updates-to-steam-store

Tellaerin

* Global Customer Preferences: A new feature that will allow customers to customize their Steam Store experience. Allowing them to opt to exclude certain products from being displayed, such as Videos, Early Access titles, Software, VR, etc.

This cannot get here soon enough.

RootCause

What's the problem exactly? The only thing I can think of is that you'll need .Net 4.5.
It says it failed to install, and opens an empty folder.
Hmm... that could be it, I didn't know I had to install that.

why is gaming side shitting on this cool Audi Xbone

I really like it I just wish it had little wheels on the sides
Looks pretty good. But does it make an engine start sound? The Blue Forza one was pretty rad.

Stomached some more Ass Creed IV. Blackbeard is a nice character. Easily top 5 in the franchise.
Hey now, black flag is pretty good. :p

Don't Starve Together is one LUA error away from being unplayable, wowser. I dunno why they even let you mod it when joining a modded server is next to impossible.
This cannot get here soon enough.

Definitely. I've been wanting to hide VR, Early Access, games below five dollars, videos, demos, DLC, games with a discount above 85%, software, and tons of games with certain tags from my Steam store for months now.

I just want to see stuff that I have at least a tiny chance of being interested in.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ASTROKILL -- MB-FA81DD0C509A32E0 - Taken by neonglow
Melting Hearts: Our Love Will Grow 2 -- MB-2B38F4DE41268232 - Taken by data
Blade Symphony -- MB-D9E1BDD30E016D36 - Taken by MaxiLive

Sch1sm

Seems like Valve is telling developers about new updates coming to the Steam Store, here are the details

* Targeted Visibility For New Releases: New changes will be made to how new releases will be targeted to the appropriate customers. The goal is to show the specific customer new releases that will most likely appeal to them.

* Targeted Visibility For Game Updates: Changes to how Update rounds will be made to be more direct to the customers who would want to see them. Customers who own the game or have it on their wishlist will be prioritized in showing the update.

* New Steam Curator Options: Noticing that people are using Steam Curator to give information on a title, without necessarily recommending it, there will be new tools that will allow a curator to make a distinction about whether or not they are recommending, not recommending or just giving information about a title. This will also allow Valve to better understand what curated posts should be highlighted on the front page.

* Improved Steam Curator Presence: There will be a new section on the Steam Home Page that is dedicated to recommendations from curators. This space will be for recommending more anything from popular releases to more “niche” titles. Additionally, there will be a new landing page to display many recommended titles from a curator.

Source: https://techraptor.net/content/valve-announces-updates-to-steam-store

These are nice. Maybe now they'll stop trying to get me to buy VNs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom