• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

header.jpg

Anyone got any impressions for this? I can get it for $7.50 off HB with my 10% discount.

So wait is playing Final Cut like taking all the elements from the 3 games and making it one singular story or some such?

Aaah sounds good, glad that the final cut was free. They even say it can be run on an Intel HD card so hopefully I can play it.

The games are pretty resource intensive, long load times, high quality elements. You might need to kick the graphics and resolution down a bit.

So wait is playing Final Cut like taking all the elements from the 3 games and making it one singular story or some such?

It pretty much takes all the elements from the second game, spreads them across all three, and joins all the stories together as one.

header.jpg

Anyone got any impressions for this? I can get it for $7.50 off HB with my 10% discount.

It was bundled before, I think it will be bundled again in the near future.

Tizoc

The games are pretty resource intensive, long load times, high quality elements. You might need to kick the graphics and resolution down a bit.

It pretty much takes all the elements from the second game, spreads them across all three, and joins all the stories together as one.

Alright thanks then will play Final Cut.

Corpekata

Banned
We are the Dwarves is alright. It is hilariously poorly translated with terrible voice acting, and it takes way too long to get the titular dwarves together into a squad, instead featuring nearly half the levels as solo or two members that feels more like trial and error puzzles than tactical combat.

That being said, it has some cool ideas. Momentum and push /pull mechanics feature a lot, allowing you to send many enemies to their doom after flinging them off a ledge. Also the world of the game is intriguing in a "that's so weird" way. It is also brutally hard at times.

Also if you're a rare achievement hunter, literally all of my rare achievements on my Steam profile are for that game, so there's that.

I would recommend Aarklash Legacy in its place, which has some similar ideas but they are far more fleshed out (and the game is underrated as hell). A lot of Euro devs (dwarves devs are Russian I believe) are in love with this idea of making like single player squad based RPGish MOBAs that I feel like someone is going to nail it soon and make a classic, as it's an idea that should work, but it's just not there yet.

So yes, I would wait for a bundle (I received it for review), but fire it up when you get it, as it is at least a little more interesting than the average bundle fodder.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info Corp.

In other news I just dropped $200 on Artbooks; half on Akira Toriyama stuff. Maybe that's one reason why the DQ series aren't on Steam :V

Messiah

What's the game?

Related to that question, it should be a bannable offense to post a screencap without naming the game. :D

Steins;Gate!

Edit: Beaten by three people.

Played a bunch of God Eater Resurrection and Mystery Chronicles: One Way Heroics recently. Really good games to just boot up, play for an hour and carry on with other stuff.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Any FIFA fans?

FIFA 17 on PC releases tomorrow (MONDAY) using a Singapore VPN // 5 PM CEST // 8 AM West Coast // 11 AM East Coast

Saw this on Reddit.

fantomena

Just finished Unravel. Im suprised. I found it to be really, really good. Even though the character (Yarny) didn't talk or anything, I really loved Yarny. Great music, stunning visuals, very well designed, good puzzles (not very difficulty) and good use of physics. Great game overall, happy I bought it.

Origin says I used 12 hours, but I accidentally had the game open a few hours yesterday without knowing so I guess I used like 6-7 hours.

Highly recommended.

Tomasety

Ucchedavāda;218028146 said:
Yes. Virginia, for example, only has the 'overall'.
My uninformed guess is that it only shows the 'recent' reviews for games out more than 30 days.

EDIT: Obduction also lacks the 'recent', so if I am correctly that should show up today.

Recent Review Score
To address that, we've now added a Recent review score that calculates the positive percentage of reviews within the past 30 days (as long as there are enough reviews posted within those 30 days and as long as the game has been available on Steam for at least 45 days). The overall score is still present as well in case you still find that information helpful.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/21695/

So I finally decided to play through Shadowrun Dragonfall this week, a good four and a half years after Kickstarting it and two years after it's release. I thought the game was really good (no surprises there). The best thing about the game is the writing. The main plot is fairly straightforward but there is a ton of detail and depth in the writing that you discover as you play through the game. They build the atmosphere really well and you feel like you're reading an actual cyberpunk mystery novel. Also notable are NPC stories which are quite interesting/heartbreaking.

The next best thing is how they manage to extract so much depth in their gameplay systems with the limitations they are working with. The game has small isometric maps with limited interactivity but the developers make it count and give you several ways to deal with any situation. There are missions where you can fight from start to finish or you can talk your way through them entirely if you have enough Charisma and the right Etiquettes. This also means that your build matters a lot and you cannot expect to be able to do everything in a single playthrough. You can't significantly change how the story plays out but you can definitely approach almost every situation in multiple ways.

In the end it's a really good, atmospheric CRPG that lasts about 20 hours or so. Highly recommended if you like the cyberpunk setting and RPGs where your choices matter.

I remember the game came out in 2014 and a lot of people talked about it as their GOTY. I picked Divinity Original Sin as my GOTY that year and I still think Divinity is a better game overall. While Shadowrun definitely has better writing, Divinity is much more fun to play through, especially with the combat systems, but also because it feels like there's more exploration and thought required to get through it. Both fantastic games though. Also, I'm thoroughly amused that Dragonfall, which was a stretch goal addon of a fairly modest Kickstarter, ended up being a far better game than Dragon Age Inquisition which probably had a budget 50-100 times higher and also released at the same time.

rtcn63

I reinstalled a windows app and didn't realize it reactivated windows update. Had to restart my computer to install the updates, the whole "forced upgrade to Win10 when you're not looking" is no longer a thing right?

fantomena

I found myself right now absolutely incapable to buy games if they are not on sale. I was going to buy fucking Talewind. Even though the game is very cheap already I couldn't get myself to buy it, but I could pre-order Shadow Warrior 2 cause it's 20% off.

Jawmuncher

I try to stay on top of cards, if i'm not playing on PC I have it just idling.
Chilling out on buying bundles has helped a lot.

Wok

I haven't bought a bundle in a damn long time. Have no idea why. I think I simply just don't care.

I neither buy games at all very often these days.

So what do you do instead?

On a sidenote, Animated Puzzles was updated. It is the best jigsaw game. It is in early access and the devs listen to our feedback. Leaderboards. Workshop support planned. This is today's update:

Here’s some of the changes we’ve made:

Settings:
Volume sliders for music and SFX instead of just ON and OFF
Slider for frame size.

Custom options:
Added the possibility to set custom options for puzzles. Options available are “Disable rotate” and “lock pieces when they are in the right place”. These options are available in the “select shape” menu when you begin a new / restart a puzzle. Since custom options might make the game easier, you will not get achievements or be added to the Leaderboards on a puzzle where custom options are enabled.

Other:
Added some helping sound effects in Daily challenges.
Fixed issue where the "One Win Wonder" achievement wasn't awarded after a win.
Hopefully fixed the “missing piece” bug that occasionally occurred.

fantomena

Yeah. Did you start playing Dota2?

I don't play MOBAs. Tried DOTA 2 and a few others a few times, but it's not a genre I enjoy. Like I read about Battlerite this week and it's suppose to be very good, but the second I read it's somewhat a MOBA game I lost interest. Plus the videos Ive seen of it doesn't make it any interesting.

Most of my time is taken up by studying (to become a teacher).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I don't play MOBAs. Tried DOTA 2 and a few others a few times, but it's not a genre I enjoy. Like I read about Battlerite this week and it's suppose to be very good, but the second I read it's somewhat a MOBA game I lost interest plus the videos Ive seen of it doesn't make it any interesting.

Most of my time is taken up by studying (to become a teacher).

Battlerite isn't a MOBA, it's a fighting game - and a damn good one at that.

So many GPU variations... EVGA SC, or FTW? Clock speeds aren't far off but I'm just curious if the extra $50-60 is worth it. I'll probably never use double bios and don't know what I'd use it for.

Grief.exe

So many GPU variations... EVGA SC, or FTW? Clock speeds aren't far off but I'm just curious if the extra $50-60 is worth it. I'll probably never use double bios and don't know what I'd use it for.

I haven't checked out those specific models, the onus of research is on you. It sometimes helps to check out the board design, they are changed between certain models to be reference and higher quality mosfets, more powerphases, etc.

Ludens

Banned
Completed a bunch of games today, here's some quick opinions:

-Why am I dead at sea?, a short investigative title with graphics inspired by Earthbound. Very charming, very short, very mature for some plot elements. Very suggested if you don't have so much time to play and want to do something quick (you can get all endings if you clear everything and save before the point of no returns).
-Between me and the nights is a point and click game with some action elements in and there. I started this last sunday, let's say there a very big first chapter but the following two parts are very short and linear. It's a valid title with a nice art-style, sadly controls are a bit clunky and there are small bugs in and there. A little game, anyway, very underrated since I never saw a post regarding it.
-The Deed Dinasty, a collection of three short episodes (let's say 10-15 minutes each) in which you need to murder a person and get away with it. It could look simple, but it's a very hard goal to achieve (in fact I never managed to do it, nor in this or in the prequel).
If you own the first title you can grab the sequel for 0.50€ right now on Steam.

By the way there's still this stuff in case you miss one of the games (I did the error of throwing all of them at once in the giveaway, they will probably remain unredeemed forever)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 43 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Overcast -- MB-CA42DC5A02AC6EEF - Taken by spacellama
Particula -- MB-2452B986DA93D33D - Taken by jesusraz
Heaven Island -- MB-DCCDFAC88620D68D - Taken by rainking187
Big Space Mess #3 -- MB-AF3F9CC6E6243512 - Taken by dave is ok
Particula #2 -- MB-94B49FB75190B5B8 - Taken by gaiadyne
Particula #3 -- MB-4E51D6E602B826F0
Heaven Island Life #4 -- MB-03C093F2783A7229 - Taken by electroflame

Heaven Island Life #5 -- MB-05DE858BE4A5654F - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Heaven Island Life #2 -- MB-7AE7C2E8574F702F - Taken by celsowmbr
Woodle Tree Adventures #5 -- MB-5F552519AF553918 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total. - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.
Woodle Tree Adventures #4 -- MB-A37015C291BD3F76 - Taken by jesusraz
Woodle Tree Adventures #3 -- MB-B37FB80075DCA086 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Big Space Mess #2 -- MB-18F2B379A4D4844B - Taken by Loptous
GooCubelets -- MB-267A233B904F80F1 - Taken by Vipu
Endorlight -- MB-4E26BE9D081CFBED - Taken by Santerestil

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

World War I -- MB-A7E5C9494F41A860 - Taken by bobnowhere
Dawn Of Magic 2 #2 -- MB-FC456E3C55161843 - Taken by Ludens
Dawn Of Magic 2 -- MB-5FDBC9D992A79586 - Taken by nightstorm
Hard Room -- MB-5B76447013ECCC93 - Taken by voodooray
Asteroid Bounty Hunter -- MB-D3D98705B8882AF1 - Taken by Kifimbo
Shut Up And Dig -- MB-C76569AC39B1B0BB - Taken by madjoki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom