• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

2017 has so many great games releasing
tumblr_odb9n2VlMO1u4rawro4_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUlJ89co_E
Yono & The Celestial Elephants

Grief.exe

Saw a Capital Ship, so had to stop for some screenshots. For context, my ship is one of the largest in the game in comparison to this Capital Ship. Elite has a function that allows you to take screenshots at 10240x5760 for downsampling.

Small Q:
If i enable the two-factor authentication app with my Android phone, is it going to ask for it every single time I launch Steam ? I already got the email code thing on.

Teppic

Small Q:
If i enable the two-factor authentication app with my Android phone, is it going to ask for it every single time I launch Steam ? I already got the email code thing on.
If you have remember log in details enabled you only have to do it once unless you log out. Otherwise you have to enter it every time.

Played the whole game stealth, triggered 0 alarms I was aware of, still didn't get Foxiest of the Hounds.

These fucking games need a progress marker for these things. Fantastic game though, probably my favorite of 2016. Highly recommended, dunno if I'll be getting the DLC yet. Can't wait to replay on a 1070.

Thanks for the impressions, I'm about 3-4 hours in and it's really starting to click now, glad to know it's not too long though.

Enjoy the game! Make sure to interact with all the inhabitants of your safe house after every major mission. Your companions have interesting stories that they will tell you over the course of several conversations.

I played through the new episode of Telltale's Batman. Less than 90 minutes long, a random CTD (which happened in the first episode as well) and a QTE that you can't actually complete unless you switch to M+KB. And on top of that, the outcome of some of your choices are even more predictable than usual because you already know the Batman mythos.

I'd be properly annoyed if it wasn't for the fact that I'm playing through family sharing. It's nowhere near Tales from the Borderlands in quality, that's for sure.

Saw a Capital Ship, so had to stop for some screenshots. For context, my ship is one of the largest in the game in comparison to this Capital Ship. Elite has a function that allows you to take screenshots at 10240x5760 for downsampling.
The sun reminds me of old Winamp Milkdrop visualizations.

Finished Virginia. I am a walking simulator veteran and generally enjoy them; also I like Twin Peaks and other Lynchian stuff, Fargo, X-Files etc.Virginia had nice visuals and great sound side, the story was pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ even when compared to other walking simulators. Had no issues with the technical side on PC, except the slidey controls, small FOV and heavy motion blur causing slight amount of motion sickness. Overall rating would be something around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ / 5, worth a buy? Maaaybe, depending how much you enjoy the previously mentioned stuff. End-to-end it took me around 1,5 hours to complete.

Played the whole game stealth, triggered 0 alarms I was aware of, still didn't get Foxiest of the Hounds.

These fucking games need a progress marker for these things. Fantastic game though, probably my favorite of 2016. Highly recommended, dunno if I'll be getting the DLC yet. Can't wait to replay on a 1070.

What game?

illusionary

Deus Ex Mankind Divided I'm guessing
Yep, with that achievement it must be.

There are various things that trigger alarms that aren't obvious, or aren't explicitly notified to you at all, unfortunately. Agreed that the game could do with some in-game stat tracking (there's the mobile app, but even that's unreliable with stats). Good to hear, though, that you're not letting that detract from how good the game as a whole is.

Avengers has gotta be the buggiest Lego game for me. The game likes to randomly hang for 2 seconds and sometimes it just gets stuck like that.

What game?
Deus Ex mankind divided aka the best game of 2016.
Yep, with that achievement it must be.

There are various things that trigger alarms that aren't obvious, or aren't explicitly notified to you at all, unfortunately. Agreed that the game could do with some in-game stat tracking (there's the mobile app, but even that's unreliable with stats). Good to hear, though, that you're not letting that detract from how good the game as a whole is.
Achievements were never the end all be all but it is rather annoying when you play it (seemingly) perfectly and don't see the achievement pop up.
Sure, why not.
Crazy, I gotta git gud at the game.

derExperte

Okay, let us start talking about your high-scores at Pinball FX2. How did you get to 150 million at the Football pinball?

As a German I'm required to be competent at everything football, the table isn't very hard tho, afair you get tons of points after figuring out how to score goals and FX2 tables usually shower you with them anyway if you can manage to play long enough. Don't think I even won a match during that game.

Crazy, I gotta git gud at the game.

That's the spirit, I see you only played a few minutes yet so 80s is very respectable.

Bought the Sorcery series given how much I fell for 80 Days although it's odd they don't have achievements like that release given it's the same developer.

Oh my, oh my. What a ride the last days with Spelunky were. Compared to last year I played more careful and with planning. It paid off big-time.

XiBmjzp.png

This inconspicuous little notification, man. Words can't fully describe how much hard work it was to get here.

V7YNoSX.png

In all my +70hrs I managed to beat the boss* Olmec 4 times but reached the City of Gold exactly zero times. Well, until now :)
It's kind of funny how beating the game is easier than reaching an optional level. It makes sense though. Beating the boss Olmec is but an extended tutorial for the real challenge. Going to Hell.
The conditions to even set foot there though. Boy it ain't no walk in the park. I had a near perfect run. The eye, the Ankh, the Staff, the Necronomicon, all achieved in a run. I made it to Olmec. Found the secret entrance. Bombed a nice hole, lured Olmec into it and literally moments before entering Hell I just die. From a long fall trying to get on Olmec's head and into the door. What a cruel fate for my Spelunker. Would have loved to just be once in there. Oh well, with this adrenaline rush I'm sure there won't be any lack of motivation to try again. Super stoked to finally have seen the City of Gold :)

Here my last moments with Olmec. At least I learned he won't destroy blocks under him. Without a doubt my most difficult gaming achievement ever.

Ucchedavāda;218028146 said:
Yes. Virginia, for example, only has the 'overall'.
My uninformed guess is that it only shows the 'recent' reviews for games out more than 30 days.

EDIT: Obduction also lacks the 'recent', so if I am correctly that should show up today.

Games that have been out longer still only have one. It seems totally random at this point.

Oh well, just another question for SDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom