• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I think I might be halfway through Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

As a huge fan of the original, it is good to start seeing where the connections are going towards the characters in the original, to the point where I realise this is hugely wasted on those that haven't played that.

At the same time, its quite sad that most of this is relegated to emails / datapads and alike. At least so far, the original characters that are around in this game seems to be used poorly put together in the main story.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You need to learn about the full Irish breakfast.

Instead of beans, fried mushrooms and tomatoes. Instead of weak toast, Irish brown bread.

Still has black pudding, but that's your problem, lightweight.

At least two of the top five breads I have had in my life were Irish brown breads in Ireland. I could eat that stuff at every meal. GOAT.

Teeth

Does anyone here have any history with a video card that is getting horrible visual corruption and artifacts and other terrible things on screen?

I'm pretty sure it's unsalvageable, but I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with bringing a GPU back from the dead.

It's:
1) Out of warranty
2) Cleaned out and has no dust
3) Fans spinning fine.

Is this a type of thing that can be sent for repairs? Are there any services that do that sort of thing? Is re-baking it going to do anything or is that a pipe dream?

Anyone dealt with this before?

Does anyone here have any history with a video card that is getting horrible visual corruption and artifacts and other terrible things on screen?

I'm pretty sure it's unsalvageable, but I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with bringing a GPU back from the dead.

It's:
1) Out of warranty
3) Fans spinning fine.

Is this a type of thing that can be sent for repairs? Are there any services that do that sort of thing? Is re-baking it going to do anything or is that a pipe dream?

You could try reapplying thermal paste.

derExperte

It's:
1) Out of warranty
3) Fans spinning fine.

http://lifehacker.com/5823227/save-dying-video-cards-with-a-quick-bake-in-the-oven

Okay, let us start talking about your high-scores at Pinball FX2. How did you get to 150 million at the Football pinball?

I really should read the table guides, the football one is one of those tables I just hit the ball around and hope. I bit like how I play actual football really.

If you really want to feel inadequate try beating some of KenOD's scores! Especially the ones before they reset all the highscores.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is weird, I get 90FPS in the benchmark but in game I drop to 45-50 fairly frequently. I'm gonna redownload the original to compare.

Tenrius

Does MGSV NOT turn into Military Abduction Simulator 2015 for anyone? It feels like I'm playing XCOM as the aliens, fultoning EVERYTHING

Are you using the in-game AA at it's max?...try bumping it down to the first or second option

Yeah it's set to SSAA which is the Extreme setting. I'll try High which is FXAA.

Emma Stone's beauty is too powerful to process that it cuts the game's framerate

also pork buns

I totally forgot she was even in it until I saw her name in the intro credits, what a weird casting choice.

I totally forgot she was even in it until I saw her name in the intro credits, what a weird casting choice.

Still far from her most perplexing casting choice tho
960.jpg

Yeah it's set to SSAA which is the Extreme setting. I'll try High which is FXAA.

yeah...try the one that has FXAA Normal or the one that's FXAA High + SSAA Normal...that Extreme setting tanks the frames a lot

yeah...try the one that has FXAA Normal or the one that's FXAA High + SSAA Normal...that Extreme setting tanks the frames a lot

Well I got past the tutorial stuff and in the open world it's a locked 60 with all the AA still turned up, must've just been the little intro fight with Jackie Ma that has some frame drops. In the DE the only AA options are off, FXAA (High) and SSAA (Extreme), I didn't check to see if it was different from the original.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Well I got past the tutorial stuff and in the open world it's a locked 60 with all the AA still turned up, must've just been the little intro fight with Jackie Ma that has some frame drops. In the DE the only AA options are off, FXAA (High) and SSAA (Extreme), I didn't check to see if it was different from the original.

I installed Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition today and I'm in the same situation as you. I'm gonna finish the tutorial right now and see how the game performs after that. I have a FX-6100 CPU (shitty CPU) but even in that case it should perform with no problems since I have a GTX 1070...

I installed Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition today and I'm in the same situation as you. I'm gonna finish the tutorial right now and see how the game performs after that. I have a FX-6100 CPU (shitty CPU) but even in that case it should perform with no problems since I have a GTX 1070...

I have a 1070 also with a i5-2500k @4.2Ghz. Hopefully it's the same for you, not sure how CPU dependent the game is.

Knurek

If you ever wondered why I am Setsuna runs so bad:

Good lord! That was unexpected, lol...

09/25/2016 22:29:56.812: Game runs its callbacks at ~277093.13 Hz ... this is above the minimum threshold for achievement unlock sound.

This stupid game runs Steam callbacks in a thread as fast as it will go. It's bascially eating one CPU core alive doing nothing useful. This game's capped to 30 FPS, so I guess they can get away with destroying performance like that, but still. It's a JRPG naturally, home to really stupid design :)

That function should be run once per frame, so at 30 Hz instead of 277 MHz!

shockdude

I beat Pony Island. That was a pretty crazy trip.

There's a little bit of stuff after the credits, but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it. Maybe later.
hahahahahahahaha||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Can any of you crazy kids recommend a USB wired GameCube controller that plays well with Windows 10?
Original GC controller/Smash GC controller and the Mayflash GameCube adapter.
For Dolphin, use Wii U mode and follow these instructions. Use PC mode for all other games and emulators.

Games that have been out longer still only have one. It seems totally random at this point.

Oh well, just another question for SDD.
Tomasety solved the mystery for us, a couple of pages back:
Recent Review Score
To address that, we've now added a Recent review score that calculates the positive percentage of reviews within the past 30 days (as long as there are enough reviews posted within those 30 days and as long as the game has been available on Steam for at least 45 days). The overall score is still present as well in case you still find that information helpful.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/21695/

Lain

If you ever wondered why I am Setsuna runs so bad:

That function should be run once per frame, so at 30 Hz instead of 277 MHz!

Is that why I was getting shitty performance at every resolution except one, and even at that resolution performance weren't exactly all that nice, despite an i5 2500k and a 970 (at the time)?

Bl@de

i hurt my arm a bit today, nothing serious, but what's a good game to play with one hand?

Point and Click Adventures^^ Had a cold over the weekend :-/ ... So I played NightCry yesterday with my wireless presenter (basically a mouse in Wiimote shape) on my TV and some tea. Doesn't get comfier and only uses one arm with minimal motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom