• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this sloth?
tumblr_nynv7as6U01qjgyvoo1_400.gif

It could be you.

(Zootopia is preeeettty good.)
i hurt my arm a bit today, nothing serious, but what's a good game to play with one hand?

Sounds like a good excuse to dive headfirst into Thea: The Awakening.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I broke the keyboard on my Macbook Air (2012) and don't have the money or time to get it fixed. So I bought a MacBook (2016). Wait, what? Yes, in America, it's actually cheaper to buy something new through the ridiculous bazillion year no interest financing than it is to repair something upfront. Anyway...

It is little, the keyboard is weird but kinda cool, I love the look of it, it is finally light enough for me to be happy with it. performance seems fine so far. Good battery life compared to my pre-Haswell MB. And I'll be able to charge off a USB battery pack, so I probably won't need to bring a charger with me anywhere. Generally very excited.

Anyone had experience gaming on one of these babies? CPU benchmarks suggest comparable or slightly better single and multi-core performance than my previous laptop, but I have no idea what GPU benchmarks are like. It doesn't have a fan, and the processor is a low-power processor. Not interested in playing actual games, just puzzle stuff and hidden object crap while I'm on airplanes. How's the heat get with no fan?

Adnor

Banned
Finished Arkham Knight, overall I liked it, but they gave to much importance to the batmobile and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck doing all the Riddler's trophies to get the 100% ending, will youtube that thing.

Popstar

Anyone had experience gaming on one of these babies? CPU benchmarks suggest comparable or slightly better single and multi-core performance than my previous laptop, but I have no idea what GPU benchmarks are like. It doesn't have a fan, and the processor is a low-power processor. Not interested in playing actual games, just puzzle stuff and hidden object crap while I'm on airplanes. How's the heat get with no fan?
I don't have one so I can't tell you what the heat is like, but benchmarks suggest the GPU should be faster than your old MBA (as long as you're not trying to run at increased retina resolution)

hohoXD123

I was thinking of getting an Xbox one controller to replace my decade old 360 controller, though I've heard there were issues with the new Windows 10 updates, what's the current situation with that?

derFeef

I was thinking of getting an Xbox one controller to replace my decade old 360 controller, though I've heard there were issues with the new Windows 10 updates, what's the current situation with that?

I have the annviersary update and just recently bought an Elite controller + wireless dongle. No issues so far.

illusionary

No issues here. Whatever issues there were I think got patched fairly quickly, so you should be fine.

Tenrius

Finished Arkham Knight, overall I liked it, but they gave to much importance to the batmobile and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck doing all the Riddler's trophies to get the 100% ending, will youtube that thing.

I also finished it last week. It was pretty good, although maybe albeit too long.

Didn't even mind the batmobile that much. Sure, there were some scenes that could have been replaced with old-fashioned on-foot Batman fare, especially towards the end and in the beginning. I felt that it was decently balanced throughout, though. The car itself was also really fun.

neonglow

Thanks for the replies. What about the Xbox One S controller? Would you recommend that over the original Xbox One controller?

I'd say get the S controller since it's probably cheaper than getting a regular controller and the dongle. One thing you have to keep in mind is that you can only connect 1 controller using Bluetooth while you can have multiple with the dongle.

Personally, I'm using the Lunar White controller with the soft padded grips together with the dongle.

Bl@de

Thanks for the replies. What about the Xbox One S controller? Would you recommend that over the original Xbox One controller?

The One had problems but they were fixed. But the 360 is still superior when it comes to supported games and programs. Somehow PCSX2 won't work with my One controller. Don't really know why but it only shows up as Xinput device and the buttons don't react. 360 controller works flawlessly with everything. Can't comment on the One S controller, although a bluetooth dongle is always cheaper (and smaller) than the Microsoft Wireless dong.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GOG Connect is alive again, and they're also having a back to school sale. There's 90% off on Interplay's catalog, and this might be the last chance to get them for cheap before Interplay auction off their IPs.

I hope the games that aren't on Steam make an appearance post-sale (my guess is that the lot -- as in the sale lot as it's all or nothing -- will go to Nordic). Interplay didn't make much of an effort; only a handful of the listed titles are on Steam, and some of the absent ones just need a store page as they're collecting dust in the registry.

Monooboe

Looking at that GOG connect and realizing that I don't own Teslagrad was a suprise, I was so sure I've gotten it several times from various bundles.o_O

I don't understand, I own Dex and Van Helsing Final Cut but GOG Connect says I don't have them?

My Dex worked fine, but it says Van Helsing and Two worlds are unavailable even though it recognises that I own them.

Scratch that: looks like I already have them on Gog, that was the issue.

fantomena

I think im halfway through Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and I have confused feelings about it. It is fun, but blurry, but something about it feels simplified compared to the first game and the story is a pile of poop.

FH3 releases for me in just under 3 hours. Here's hoping it runs well.

Pixieking

Banned
I don't understand, I own Dex and Van Helsing Final Cut but GOG Connect says I don't have them?

I had that issue with Van Helsing and Masterplan. I had to revisit the Connect page twice - hitting Refresh each time - before it accepted I had them and added them to my GOG account. Just keep trying and it should add them. :)

Deques

I haven't started to sell my cards that I got from the card glitch. Is there any fast way to list the cards? Listing 1600+ cards would take forever. There is this addon for chrome that could batch list the cards to the market, but it's being run by some lottery site if I remember it correctly.

I haven't started to sell my cards that I got from the card glitch. Is there any fast way to list the cards? Listing 1600+ cards would take forever. There is this addon for chrome that could batch list the cards to the market, but it's being run by some lottery site if I remember it correctly.

That add-on was super handy. A shame it got taken over by a lottery site.

I seem to remember jshackles was working on adding some new features for cards selling to enhanced steam?

Ruruja

Had 5 games to add from GOG Connect, pretty nice.

Today's my birthday and I'm thinking of buying a newly released game for a present, any suggestions? Maybe Virginia?

jdw_b

I rarely post in here but I finished Dishonored over the weekend. What an awesome game...full of moments that make you feel like a complete badass.

Though I was disappointed when I went to start a new game and realised it is literally a new game. NG+ would have been excellent just ripping through the various levels. I'm still planning on going through it again with a no holds barred, batshit kill everyone play style though

Arthea

Apparently I don't have Dex, I was sure I had. Until now I only thought I don't have a game when I had, this is something new.

JustinBB7

I thought all witcher games you have on steam would link to gog as well, but they don't with connect, is it just with the keys or something?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mountain -- MB-6EF0D6FA9A2A7CD7 - Taken by Hakkelus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom