• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If anyone wants Banner Saga, I have a spare key. First PM gets it

edit: Taken

venomenon

Just learned that my new rig is scheduled to arrive tomorrow *_*
...and I'm probably gonna play Epistory and Lost Castle on it all day long.
Totally worth it.

Teppic

Why doesn't Steam have a notice about Denuvo when they do it for other third party DRM? It's very annoying having to check the game forums for every game to see if it has it.

Mivey

Why doesn't Steam have a notice about Denuvo when they do it for other third party DRM? It's very annoying having to check the game forums for every game to see if it has it.
Technically, its not DRM. I am sure if you write Gabe about it, he will do something about it by the next total solar eclipse

Played some Ziggurat this morning. That's still a really fun game. I need to play some more Darkest Dungeon though.

Got a new CPU cooler after 3 years of this CPU. I dealt with stock coolers all my life but I can't stand this fan anymore.
I kinda want it but, I have been using this Blackweb Walmart mouse that was on sale for 10 bucks for awhile now and I have been like it a lot. This I will probably get later. I like the look of it and 2 side buttons is all I need anyway.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
My first giveaway, bare with me

ModBot said:
Instructions for Lashley:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lashley, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
WWE 2K16 -- MB-B84ED358EADB81A1 - Taken by yuraya

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-E1C8B8F46122F19E - Taken by thesaucetastic. 9 entrants total.
Town of Salem -- MB-53C6DBA87E44873F - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WWE 2K16 -- MB-5FA46F708E0C64AD - Taken by Saty. 7 entrants total.

t1472844894z1.png

Wok

If i try to refund a game i've played for 2.5 hours, so half an hour more than allowed by steam, am i entering filthy thiefing territory?

Cos i'm honestly not feeling Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

The visuals are great, but in 3 hours, i've already died three times and had to play the same content all over again, with just the lishgtest variations.

It feels like a roguelite without the randomization outside the few dice roll you get in a handful events.

The combat system also is really slow, which makes it a chore veryyyyyy fast, since it's not very complex and relies on you knowing the move sets of the enemy more than anything else.

Refund approved. I'm a filthy thief.

I hope the devs, Tin Man Games, adapt other books in the same way despite your refund.

Technically, its not DRM. I am sure if you write Gabe about it, he will do something about it by the next total solar eclipse

Which is to say in less than a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_August_21,_2017

Mivey

Technically, it is, though.
Not at its core. Its making the machine code unreadable by way of obfuscating is, like most website are with their JS code. Then they added additional checks, when people were bypassing the existing DRM (like Steams or Origins). That's like the equivalent of bandaid, since it still has to use the original DRM in some way, for the account details. I guess DRM enforcer? That's a good metaphor. You have the puny Steam DRM and a burly dude who makes sure you don't fuck with the DRM.

jonno394

Jesus wept, these Origin Access download speeds :X

Usually get around 8mb a second with steam, dealing with 500kb a second with EA atm. HArdline is going to take 24 hours to download apparently.....

edit - down to under 100kb a second now :/

yuraya

Usually get around 8mb a second with steam, dealing with 500kb a second with EA atm. HArdline is going to take 24 hours to download apparently.....

150k people playing that BF1 beta right now on pc. The games servers were dead for me earlier. I can only imagine Origins entire infrastructure and servers taking a shit right now.

Nabs

That's wild. I usually get pretty decent speeds on Origin.

First Ready at Dawn (The Order 1886) PC game is coming this winter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LaOAYvQiTg&feature=youtu.be

Madballs meets Rocket League? I can dig it.

jonno394

150k people playing that BF1 beta right now on pc. The games servers were dead for me earlier. I can only imagine Origins entire infrastructure and servers taking a shit right now.

Yeah I was thinking this myself. Tried downloading something on steam and low and behold, normal speeds, so not something to do with my ISP throttling me

That's wild. I usually get pretty decent speeds on Origin.

Yeah, and my PC :/

Asiratlan

It does the same thing at every major release. Either on Steam or Origin

neonglow

This month's Humble Monthly was a mixed bag. Sheltered is the only game that was on my wishlist. Epistory looks interesting but disappointed with Town of Salem which is in so many other cheap bundles.

Lain

Cleaning up some of the bundle closets.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Big Elk -- MB-D98DFCB61F4B9875 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.
Power of Love -- MB-AC47EC305BBDE05B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Liveza: Death of the Earth -- MB-9124C12C1ACDDA34 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
The Apotheosis Project -- MB-A1072FAE7649084F - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
FRUITS INC. DELUXE PACK -- MB-5E985A4DBF3A178E - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-2FD6C33626B5A955
Star Drifter -- MB-98703BF59100D292 - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.
There Came an Echo -- MB-16D607BE5DF13A43 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-AD0C9F55F3D894B3
Ladra -- MB-E665453677979E5A - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Proto Raider -- MB-EAD1601A2A344823 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Space Pilgrim Episode IV: Sol -- MB-DF2876D29F8D7684 - Taken by Ludens. 2 entrants total.
Project Root -- MB-40343DE06FF276AC - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Belladonna -- MB-4DEEEF8C5AECF01C - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
NORTH -- MB-E644BF95D6DD734C - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Super Chain Crusher Horizon -- MB-E8D91F303CF2AFE0 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Incognito -- MB-04A6D1D445620D19 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Cloud Knights -- MB-3C254F374027F7CF - Taken by Asiratlan. 1 entrants total.
AdvertCity -- MB-4AB93DA59DA35C88 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 1 entrants total.
Two Steps Back -- MB-FF8F14805FC95CD6 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
X-note -- MB-64FEA668C4EBFB06 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
Freebie -- MB-F61E62E6BC7CC267
A Wild Catgirl Appears! -- MB-BA4780BA2624A5DA - Taken by HowardRoark. 2 entrants total.
Puzzle Galaxies -- MB-21C2457E6E82B735 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.

t1472846107z1.png

Lain

And another one.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sky Mercenaries -- MB-2ADAE2266E5C913E - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
A Land Fit For Heroes -- MB-8E4E143306E75224 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Bermuda -- MB-37DE330EDE3092A5 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Blade Kitten -- MB-A654BB2DD21F8351 - Taken by Annubis. 4 entrants total.
Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting [Enhanced Edition] -- MB-6600800759D254A9 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Fancy Skulls -- MB-2FCA727A0AD85352 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-0CAAD1F7324F7B49 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Winter Voices (COMPLETED PACK) -- MB-60BC116385BE21F0 - Taken by Ucchedavāda. 1 entrants total.
Adam's Venture Chronicles -- MB-E717BB2BE6AD6CED - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Deadlings: Rotten Edition -- MB-6035221F601C6A76 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Tic-Toc-Tower -- MB-458F8EA894B3A5A9 - Taken by Mikaju. 1 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-D355B1C7AFDFF341 - Taken by galv. 2 entrants total.
Bermuda #2 -- MB-C32D82F78AB411C5
Blue Rose -- MB-B9649DA47AB1A69B
Shan Gui -- MB-01AA49EE8775F571 - Taken by Awful Falafel. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Fall -- MB-4A6C1FCFAC150D4C - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
The Last NightMary - A Lenda do Cabeca de Cuia -- MB-2B6B42F5C9778067 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-9ABDEE9411931766 - Taken by shockdude. 3 entrants total.
Unhack -- MB-98542A95B39F7332 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Hashtag Dungeon -- MB-01FC68F2890E2706 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Beach Bounce -- MB-1A2CD9D7C8EA9CED - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Garfield Kart -- MB-2EC13051997C0951 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Prismatica -- MB-3695FC1D303FBBB4 - Taken by fenners. 1 entrants total.
Always The Same Blue Sky... -- MB-C35EEA4FC2D7C3F9 - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Orion: A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-911EE5E9B19BF190 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 1 entrants total.

t1472847049z1.png

Dunno if the Shan Gui key still works, as it was before the dev got fucked by the publisher.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F29EDD5165DDC274 - Taken by Monooboe

Ludens

Banned
Is there a chance to get banned for the card glitch? I had three games to idle and I tried for curiosity and I got 10 cards in 2 minutes or so.

Nzyme32

Poor Ikaruga got left out of the pretty awesome shoot em up sale this weekend ;_;

Sounds like there is no one to pick up the phone at Treasure anymore to approve a sale.

This is what I was thinking. Ikaruga would undoubtedly be included / asked, but my assumption is that they have abandoned Steam / maybe even everything due to poor business or something, which would sad

Wok

Is there a chance to get banned for the card glitch? I had three games to idle and I tried for curiosity and I got 10 cards in 2 minutes or so.

Do not run a VAC-protected game when you are running idleMaster and you shall be fine.

Not sure why valve would care. It's all just extra revenue to them at essentially no cost.

Edit: Yeah except for the VAC side of it.

Ludens

Banned
Do not run a VAC-protected game when you are running idleMaster and you shall be fine.

Well yeah, I know you don't need to run something else when running a VAC secured game, I'm talking about the possibility to get banned for exploiting the glitch. Anyway I'm pretty sure Valve will fix this in no time.

Anyway I completed Call of Juarez Bound in Blood. This is my third COJ, I only did the very first one and Gunslinger.
I think it's a very nice game, worse than COJ1 but on par with Gunslinger. It took me 5 hours and 20 to complete (on Easy), it was a Plus game on PSN and it was a little funny ride. I wonder if The Cartel is any good, reviews are bad on Steam.

Monooboe

Whoa, when did groupees start allowing trading third party keys on their trading system?o_O I see someone posting humble monthly keys there.

This is what I was thinking. Ikaruga would undoubtedly be included / asked, but my assumption is that they have abandoned Steam / maybe even everything due to poor business or something, which would sad

Ikaruga has basically never been on sale outside of summer/holiday sales since it came out, and it's never been in a bundle. Plus it's never gone under 50% - there was one (missed) chance to vote for it being 75% off years ago.

I think Treasure actively wanted to avoid "devaluing" the game.

Wok

I don't think. It only worked for a day and netted me around 25 cards. Hasn't worked since sadly :'(

To make it work reliably, you have to wait a bit between the runs. I do it every day and I get a card per game for every game in the run.

Anyway I'm pretty sure Valve will fix this in no time.

It is not so much of an exploit. An exploit would be to get cards for games that you would be able to refund. From Valve's point of view, I think it is just a boost of the number of cards on the market. The way the "glitch" is coded, I think it is a way to reward people for playing a game once in a while: quickly give a card if there are cards to drop and the game has not been played for 12 hours, or something like that.

By the way, this is what I use with AutoHotKey:

Code:
#NoEnv
SendMode Input

loop {
	sleep, 6000
	SetControlDelay -1
	ControlClick, WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.141b42a_r9_ad11, Idle Master,,,, NA
	; ControlClick, x284 y166, Idle Master,,,, Pos
}

$F7::pause

kevin1025

Banned
The card glitch seems to have moved on to games with less than one hour, as well, or maybe always has. I just did a bunch of simultaneous games for less than ten seconds, turned off Idle Master, and ended up with six cards. Did it again, ended up with three.

Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom