• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

That is TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE levels of objetification

I would say the opposite, this is a textbook example of humanizing an object, or even Anthropomorphism. Textbook example of objectification has to involve an actual person.

EDIT: I should add that I in no way defend the game, it's tacky as hell!:D

can someone publish too human on Steam? I wanna play it

I've only played the demo

dyackmadredmnjqy.gif

lol

I thought the game was actually pretty good aside from the dumb control scheme. fun in co-op too.

Writing a post to get on a new page

I keep opening this thread and forgetting
As a sexy character,

Be Good.
Be Haydee.
Yeah, those are the Crackle movies. The first one in particular was alright as video-game movies go, plus it was streamed free on Crackle. (Second one on PSN, I think)

Bad movie-streaming site, eh? Sounds a lot like Netflix to me.

For every good movie they add, there is an unspoken rule to add three more that are bad.

I would say the opposite, this is a textbook example of humanizing an object, or even Anthropomorphism. Textbook example of objectification has to involve an actual person.

Well, based on the Steam store description, that is supposed to be a "half-human, half-robot". So you are looking at the dismembered remains of a person, one of several judging by the screenshots, who had her head and arms removed. That's going the subject to object route, as far as I can see.

Jawmuncher

Its Happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

619PvPy%2BDqL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Yakuza 0 "PS4 console exclusive game"

Considering Yakuza seems to be the series they spend the most money on budget wise, makes sense to garner some more profit with PC releases. Seems like 0 will be a good place to start, since they seem to basically be remaking all of them.

I actually really liked Too Human.

Of course, the unrealized potential was palpable, but I love me some ARPG statistic spreadsheet simulation.

Loved it back in D2, where I'd come up with these builds that broke the meta-mold, get power-leveled, trade for days and days to get the specific gear needed, find out my build was airtight on paper but completely outclassed by the meta, start again.

The story in Too Human was even passable.

I also liked Avent Rising.

What are some other doomed trilogies that never were?

Monooboe

Ucchedavāda;218182982 said:
Well, based on the Steam store description, that is supposed to be a "half-human, half-robot". So you are looking at the dismembered remains of a person, one of several judging by the screenshots, who had her head and arms removed. That's going the subject to object route, as far as I can see.

Aaah I missed that part, then it's a whole different thing!

Jawmuncher

Would also partly make sense as to why they're being mum on their port plans atm. Since we would probably get that a few months later.

Happy to take the last post and get those pics off the top of the page. Sheesh.

I had four cards pop simultaneously when I restarted my PC today. That's a new one.

Jawmuncher

Why would they start publishing a franchise by the prequel? That doesn't make any sense. It's not like Yakuza is a recognized franchise in the west like MGS is, where they could port V to PC and it would sell well regardless, starting with a prequel is sending the franchise to die.

Eh, I think here it'll work fine. Sega even seems to sort of be using 0 as a restart in terms of western marketing. We already know they're remaking 1 and will probably end up remaking 2. By then they could either remake 3-5 or perhaps just touch them up graphically. That way they could in theory have a whole new audience on PS4 and PC who are playing these games in order in a sense.

Then again even if they aren't, if it's good people will still buy it. I think it's easier to tempt people with a prequel than it is a random numbered entry sometimes.

Ucchedavāda;218184869 said:
Now I just have to decide what should be the 1000th game.

Coincidentally my Steam account is turning 10 on Friday, so I think I'll do a give-away to "celebrate".
Game 1,000 should totally be Haydee.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would they start publishing a franchise by the prequel? That doesn't make any sense. It's not like Yakuza is a recognized franchise in the west like MGS is, where they could port V to PC and it would sell well regardless, starting with a prequel is sending the franchise to die.

Because it's a new game.

It's a niche series that is not going to sell gangbusters anyway, and a lot of the audience follows it rather than waiting for it to be on their platform. I think people also overestimate how many people care that much about video game stories, at least enough to put them off playing a game totally. There was a thread the other day where someone suggested Gears of War 4 won't do well on PC because PC never had 2, 3 and Judgement, which just kind of baffled me.

Besides it's not like they've been consistent in releasing the series in the west in the first place.

I mean, if Witcher 3 can sell 10 million copies with the majority of console gamers having no experience with the series, I don't see why this wouldn't do okay.

kagamin

Well I thought the thing is that its easier to get people into it when they don't really need to know the relationships between the characters yet, like if they started by bringing in Yakuza 5 on Steam first, people unfamiliar with the series would likely be very confused.

Tizoc

Fyi many people will be introduced thru zero on ps4. I say many i mean a few hundred people but u get the idea
For the most part yakuza games' stories are stand Alone and zero being the latest english release it makes sense to release it, case in point tales of zestetia

Jawmuncher

Well I thought the thing is that its easier to get people into it when they don't really need to know the relationships between the characters yet, like if they started by bringing in Yakuza 5 on Steam first, people unfamiliar with the series would likely be very confused.

I get the argument there would be "Well there's the catch up bit for them".
But I still agree with you, that while that is a method or watching a youtube video summary I guess. I still think it's easier to just offer the prequel first.

I know personally. I haven't played yakuza 4 and 5 despite owning them from PS+ because of that.

mp1990

Banned
Eh, I think here it'll work fine. Sega even seems to sort of be using 0 as a restart in terms of western marketing. We already know they're remaking 1 and will probably end up remaking 2. By then they could either remake 3-5 or perhaps just touch them up graphically. That way they could in theory have a whole new audience on PS4 and PC who are playing these games in order in a sense.

Then again even if they aren't, if it's good people will still buy it. I think it's easier to tempt people with a prequel than it is a random numbered entry sometimes.
That's a thing? I had no idea. I always had in my mind that the games were strongly connected through a main arc, like in the MGS series, and you couldn't play one without the other, hence why so many people emphasized that newcomers should read the previous games summaries. If it's like that, it's welcome news then.

Well I always thought that, if Sega were to bring the series to PC, they'd begin with Kiwami, which seems like the perfect entry point for newcomers, and has a strong possibility of being brought to the west.

Teppic

I got a random Sid Meier's Ace Patrol card in my inventory. I haven't played this game since the last time I idled it for cards. That
was Feb 2014.

Edit: I'm stupid. It was delisted.

kagamin

Ucchedavāda;218185994 said:
Already own that :)
But unfortunately I've never gotten around to play it.

I can only recommend it if you are willing to put up with the frustration that is randomness, the main campaign is ruthless even on the original difficulty let alone the hardest setting (luckily they added a new normal difficulty a few updates ago and a new easy mode).

Grief.exe

Its Happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

619PvPy%2BDqL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Yakuza 0 "PS4 console exclusive game"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J4PHT3C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Well, if this ends up happening, my months of beating my head against the wall in this thread will be vindicated.

...until 2 months after it releases and the crying continues.

I actually really liked Too Human.

Of course, the unrealized potential was palpable, but I love me some ARPG statistic spreadsheet simulation.

Loved it back in D2, where I'd come up with these builds that broke the meta-mold, get power-leveled, trade for days and days to get the specific gear needed, find out my build was airtight on paper but completely outclassed by the meta, start again.

The story in Too Human was even passable.

I also liked Avent Rising.

What are some other doomed trilogies that never were?

Too Human had some potential and ended up being an interesting game. Was very similar to Demon Souls in many ways, hub design, difficult, obfuscated mechanics, etc.

They absolutely should've started with the HD remasters of 1&2 back in 2012 (not even on PC, just merely being localized), but they did not.

Since this prequel will chronologically be the first game, this is the next best place to start considering the remake of 1 (Kiwami) will see a localized release. If a remake of 2 follows and this prequel is marketed properly as a good start for people who were interested, yet had no means of playing the series, then it's as good as anyone could've hoped for. Better late than never.

Tizoc

Well, if this ends up happening, my months of beating my head against the wall in this thread will be vindicated.

...until 2 months after it releases and the crying continues.

Too Human had some potential and ended up being an interesting game. Was very similar to Demon Souls in many ways, hub design, difficult, obfuscated mechanics, etc.
But grief senpai
I always believed u!

Project Zomboid news!

The Indie Stone has just released status/build history list for PZ that gives a cool outline on how it's changed since it first hit Early Access. It's really reminded me just how awesome PZ is--they have probably the best approach to long-term Early Access development that I've seen, with weekly updates (Mondoids--on a Monday!) and now stuff like this, as the game shambles ever closer to perfection.

Project Zomboid, even now, is the premire zombie survival game. Once it gets some NPC interactions/factions in and pushes Dead State away, it will have outclassed everything on the market. The tense action, creeping horror, and ever-present sense of dread are all hitting the mark currently.

They even fixed this ham:
penisham.jpg

Yakuza is one of the few reasons I wanted a ps4. So if it comes to steam shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet it's over. I'll believe it when I see it tho

Jawmuncher

Project Zomboid news!

The Indie Stone has just released status/build history list for PZ that gives a cool outline on how it's changed since it first hit Early Access. It's really reminded me just how awesome PZ is--they have probably the best approach to long-term Early Access development that I've seen, with weekly updates (Mondoids--on a Monday!) and now stuff like this, as the game shambles ever closer to perfection.

Project Zomboid, even now, is the premire zombie survival game. Once it gets some NPC interactions/factions in and pushes Dead State away, it will have outclassed everything on the market. The tense action, creeping horror, and ever-present sense of dread are all hitting the mark currently.

They even fixed this ham:
penisham.jpg

Really glad they fixed the ham.
7d7qtagb.gif

Tizoc

Long before nier 2 announcement ive told myself once preorders for yakuza 5 digital go up i will buy a copy each month and then make a giveaway of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom