• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
some Interplay stuff is on sale on the weeklong deals. Not as cheap as GOG, but worth keep an eye on since some of them might be removed once the sale of their IPs is complete.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They need to hurry up and sell that stuff already.
I'm ready for Dark alliance 3.

This doesn't apply to Dark Alliance, but much if not most (I've not taken a close look) of what Interplay is selling is actually just publishing contracts for the games it re-released rather than the IPs themselves (Star Trek being the most obvious example).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meanwhile in Civ VI - "Too Swole to Control" Gilgamesh

CivilizationVI_Sumeria_Gilgamesh_hero.jpg

I love how he's pretty much your war bro

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I broke the keyboard on my Macbook Air (2012) and don't have the money or time to get it fixed. So I bought a MacBook (2016). Wait, what? Yes, in America, it's actually cheaper to buy something new through the ridiculous bazillion year no interest financing than it is to repair something upfront. Anyway...

The Fed isn't a mystery, except to libertarians, and Apple doesn't support 3rd party repairs of its devices.

It is little, the keyboard is weird but kinda cool, I love the look of it, it is finally light enough for me to be happy with it. performance seems fine so far. Good battery life compared to my pre-Haswell MB. And I'll be able to charge off a USB battery pack, so I probably won't need to bring a charger with me anywhere. Generally very excited.

Wait, are you sure you don't also need to plug in a monitor, a MicroSD card reader, an iphone, a CD drive, a mechanical keyboard, a 3rd gen ipod touch, another monitor, a dot matrix printer, an external hard drive, and charge your friends Galaxy 7 all at the same time? The Macbook can't handle all of that, so you might want to think about returning your Macbook ASAP until Apple fixes this mistake that runs contrary to the usage patterns of average users.

Anyone had experience gaming on one of these babies? CPU benchmarks suggest comparable or slightly better single and multi-core performance than my previous laptop, but I have no idea what GPU benchmarks are like. It doesn't have a fan, and the processor is a low-power processor. Not interested in playing actual games, just puzzle stuff and hidden object crap while I'm on airplanes. How's the heat get with no fan?

Heat: A Bit Toasty on the Bottom

The MacBook registered fairly cool temps after we streamed Hulu video for 15 minutes, but it ran warm on the underside of the system. The touchpad and the area between the G and H keys stayed below our 95-degree comfort threshold, at 84 and 90 degrees, respectively. However, the bottom of the notebook reached 100 degrees. That's 5 degrees warmer than last year's MacBook.

It seems to get warm on the bottom and center of the keyboard. Apple specifies the operating temperature as 10° to 35° C, so it will be noticeable but not a major concern.

Source.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hot Hax for all of those who couldn't get in on the Gears of War stdeal: Purchase GOG connect games on Steam, link your account, then refund the game!

Boom, DRM free and free!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of GOG Connect, I own Dawn of Discovery and the Venice expansion on Steam, but GOG isn't recognizing it as Anno 1404 gold edition.

Is this a known issue? Maybe something with the name change / localization? Should I email GOG support?

JustLynx

Speaking of GOG Connect, I own Dawn of Discovery and the Venice expansion on Steam, but GOG isn't recognizing it as Anno 1404 gold edition.

Is this a known issue? Maybe something with the name change / localization? Should I email GOG support?

I think you need the European version of the game =\

btw, if you add Baldurs Gate, there's a free copy of it in your library

Jadax

Hmm...clicked on Sexual Content tag, all the top sellers are on my wishlist.

I don't even remember adding them there (though to be far most of them are sakura crap, and I probably wishlisted them during one of 'those' nights).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
can someone publish too human on Steam? I wanna play it

I've only played the demo

dyackmadredmnjqy.gif

Unlikely to happen, as Silicon Knights was required to destroy the source code for the game as part of the lawsuit they lost. As scary as it is to see a game get wiped from existence like that rather than simply lost due to poor asset storage policies, I think it's safe to say nobody would dare touch that legal landmine, even if they tried to port the 360 code back over.

Anteater

Corpekata

Banned
There's something offputting about that game removing any facial features from their sexbot that makes it slightly creepier than most other fanservice games. Like an extra dash of dehumanization.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's something offputting about that game removing any facial features from their sexbot that makes it slightly creepier than most other fanservice games. Like an extra dash of dehumanization.

q12Vrj2.gif

BTW, I've been wondering about checking out a couple of the biggest games of the past four or six years that are on Steam. I completely skipped the PS3/X360 generation, so I've missed out on a lot. I've picked up the major things that interested me - Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Rising, Dark Souls - and I'd like to check out something from one of the big franchises that I've missed.

I'm leaning towards The Witcher 3, because the story looks neat. My only fear is that these open world games seem pretty overwhelming and like they're just full of un-fun side quests and lots of filler. Is that the case? Are all of these games a slog?

If you were going to recommend just *one* of the big open world games on Steam, which would it be?

The Witcher 3 is a best-in-class open world, so it's hard to go with anything other than that. It is the only one that manages to make sidequests feel like something other than meaningless filler.

TW3 is a huge game though, so if you aren't prepared to set aside a hundred hours or whatever maybe choose something else. I'd go with Just Cause 2 (terribly repetitive open world, but fun!), Red Faction: Guerilla (repetitive and also fun!), or Saint's Row 3 (bad humour and terribly repetitive, but kind of fun!). The other bright side with the Witcher 3 is that once you finish the main game, you have the excellent expansions (Heart of Stone / Blood & Wine) to look forward to.
The Dead Rising movies on Crackle? They weren't terrible.

I don't know what Crackle is. But, this Dead Rising movie.

Abandon all hopes.

Nzyme32

Steam Dev Days site got updated; now with a more complete list of what is happening. Notable bits since there is a lot of it:

• Steam Business Update - No description / info but could have some interesting things in there along with the usual update on how Steam has been doing.
  • The Future of VR and PC Games - No description / info, so could be something to look out for considering the flamboyant title.
  • Video Content on Steam - "A feature road map will be presented (feedback please!)"
  • Steam Controller - Probably some update news in there as well as some info on how it's doing
  • Art of Communication - KEK (actually more to do with communication between artists and programmers, but low hanging fruit)

AHA-Lambda

Video Content on Steam - "A feature road map will be presented (feedback please!)"

I'll give you an easy first step. Stop region locking video content, pretty much none of it is available outside of the US. This shit has no place in 2016.

Nzyme32

I'll give you an easy first step. Stop region locking video content, pretty much none of it is available outside of the US. This shit has no place in 2016.

Exactly. I'm fully aware of the issues of copyright / licencing madness, but that isn't going to work, so I hope that is an obvious start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom