• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaex

Got my hopes up, thought you were talking about the movie.

Ne1VeBT.jpg

Deques

This game is pretty good but seems to have flown under the radar. Enjoy

Didn't win, so I feel sad :(

So here is another giveaway of spares from me

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Annie Amber -- MB-BDC27FE4A417E7C3 - Taken by Jawmuncher
t1cxE6r.gif
Blockstorm -- MB-0EE6070246AE1DB8 - Taken by Majukun
Between Me and The Night -- MB-7453B800D18DB3B8 - Taken by Wok
Tyler -- MB-B738F9620056F467 - Taken by Kifimbo
Starsphere -- MB-956FC23C4203020E - Taken by Saty
Dark Fear -- MB-2EE94F17EB39ED0D - Taken by darkchewie
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) -- MB-3286516C7D9A2F2D - Taken by Jalal

Pixieking

Banned
Care to explain that? I've played the game over a year since closed beta and they've never given ready made decks besides the basics everyone gets when they start the game.

Also you're talking of the same Steam discussion board where people cry "OP OP" about basic cards that have been some of the weakest ones even during closed beta with no change, like ranged minions, or Shadow Watcher.

I was mostly thinking of this thread , but not sure if I got the wrong end of the stick.

The cards don't seem that OP, but some of the General powers do seem a bit much... My main thought with regards to OP is that Player 2 starts off so much better than Player 1. It's an almost-guarantee that P2 can summon a Minion on a Mana Tile on the first turn. Add that to the 3 Mana that P2 has on their first turn, and there's no reason not to want to play second - a couple of 2 cost cards out on the first turn, and you've taken one of the 3 Mana Tiles out of commission. :/

I just realised that I didn't actually preorder Total Warhammer... all of my dreams are dead.

I did! I did!

From Game. :(

mp1990

Banned
Thanks for your thoughts. Sounds like a sale purchase I guess? Maybe give the devs time to fix some stuff (like being able to move while listening to audio logs and all).
Adding subtitles to the audio logs would also be nice. Although some seem to be made incomprehensible on purpose, with screeching and whatnot.

Vamphuntr

Anyway to install the Arcanum Widescreen mod without becoming insane? I followed the step in the community guide and gets the game in a small window with a huge black border and the main menu screen is glitched with the in game UI appearing.

Does Steam still keep a list of what retail game keys will activate on Steam? I can't seem to find it and I found an unopened copy of TimeShift.

Annubis

Anyone knows why I'm starting to see ads on Youtube videos even if they are not monetized and don't contain copyrighted material?

There should not be anything at all and yet I keep seeing a Blair Witch project or something ad.

Wok

Anyone knows why I'm starting to see ads on Youtube videos even if they are not monetized and don't contain copyrighted material?

There should not be anything at all and yet I keep seeing a Blair Witch project or something ad.

Maybe Youtube knows that you really really want to watch Blair Witch, but you don't know it yet.

Parsnip

13. Legend of Iya: May 2015: Dev posts he's run out of money and will launch a side project to make more. Dec 2015: Dev posts side project didn't work and he was on the brink of giving up but then Undertale gave him the determination to become an anime hero or some shit. April 2016: Dev in comments saying he's still working, but no KS update. *crickets*
This, project phoenix, spaceventure and ghost song are the longstanding projects I've kind of given up on playing anytime soon, if ever.

La-mulana 2 maybe as well, but that one feels like they are getting things done.

Man I'm glad I dodged the Unsung Story bullet.

Nordicus

I was mostly thinking of this thread , but not sure if I got the wrong end of the stick.
The thing there is that lots of players saved gold for the very recent expansion, pre-ordered booster packs, or just broke down old cards they didn't want for new cards that they did. The power level definitely went up with the recent expansion.

My main thought with regards to OP is that Player 2 starts off so much better than Player 1. It's an almost-guarantee that P2 can summon a Minion on a Mana Tile on the first turn. Add that to the 3 Mana that P2 has on their first turn, and there's no reason not to want to play second - a couple of 2 cost cards out on the first turn, and you've taken one of the 3 Mana Tiles out of commission. :/
This is a bad way of looking at the system, and I've seen this kind of comment made recently by another new player. Here is what I wrote in reply:
Let's assume that both players have decent curve, and inspect the mana situation on board in beginning turns.

Start 0 - 0, even
Player 1 turn 1: 2 - 0, Player 1 at +2 mana advantage
Player 2 turn 1( if the extra mana is useable and played 2+ cards): 2 - 4, Player 2 now at +2, but likely lost card advantage.

*However*, this is the much more common situation:

Player 2 turn 1: 2 - 3, Player 2 at mere +1 state.

It varies wildly from here but Player 1 has initiative most of the time on Turn 2 on starting the trades. Can easily reach top/bottom mana with the diagonally summoned minion to ramp up to one big 4-drop to fight, or summon a small minion on the mana, then use the minion already on board and general or removal spell to kill the enemy 3-drop or 2-drops, then summon something else and maybe block one of the other mana from opponent's use.

In obscure situations Player 2 has the advantage but most of the time Player 1 decides how and when the fights start, and generally has free reign over the top and bottom mana. Yes, player 2 generally blocks/uses one, but rarely to great effect

Dr.Acula

Banned
This, project phoenix, spaceventure and ghost song are the longstanding projects I've kind of given up on playing anytime soon.

La-mulana 2 maybe as well, but that one feels like they are getting things done.

Ghost Song is in KS hell? Bummer.

Hollow Knight looks like it's on track though. It only pulled in like 45k USD, and has a team of three.

Wok

The Humble exclusive, SpoolSide, is an amazing puzzle. It is like FEZ but in 4D. You are a 2D boy in a 4D world.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm more interested in the length of the 2 season pass content.

After The Witcher 3, I expect big things from devs who dare to call their DLCs 'expansions'.

Each campaign being only being ~a few hours long is all but guaranteed, which would put them in line with virtually every AAA DLC campaign these days. I just call them "mini-expansions".

Ghost Song is in KS hell? Bummer.

It's being published by Adult Swim but went from 2016 to "TBA" a couple of weeks ago.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Belladonna -- MB-6529C734AA588927 - Taken by Abomination
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-4A3533503C9E8663

AHA-Lambda

Can someone explain to me the Steins Gate series?

I started to look into it out of curiosity and see it's part of a wider series that is far larger than I expected.

Are these other games all connected to each other or is it more thematic (a la SMT/Persona), and are they coming to Steam as well?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last night while gaming on my PC, the power in the house flickered, and the surge protector that my computer was plugged into caught fire, as did my PC's power supply which, unfortunately, is positioned at the bottom of the case.

After extinguishing the fire and unplugging everything I let it dry off overnight. Obviously it is toast. I hooked up the power supply from my son's PC this morning and still nothing - pretty sure the board is bad. I'm going to try putting my new R390X into my son's computer to see if it works, but I'm not holding my breath since it sat about 5 inches above the power supply and looked like it was getting licked by flames.

I've already contacted the surge protector company so hopefully I can get a lot of that replaced by their warranty? Either way, it sucks because I have all of next week off and don't have to go back to work until the 12th. Gonna be a long week with a PC.

Shantom

Can someone explain to me the Steins Gate series?

I started to look into it out of curiosity and see it's part of a wider series that is far larger than I expected.

Are these other games all connected to each other or is it more thematic (a la SMT/Persona), and are they coming to Steam as well?

I believe only the original and Zero are canon, with the rest being silly spin offs that are unlikely to ever be translated.

dimmer

Gaf help me. Gigabyte xm3ooo, steelseries 300 or something else? Don't want to go higher in price. Previous mouse was Microsoft Sidewinder X5.

TheTrain

Last night while gaming on my PC, the power in the house flickered, and the surge protector that my computer was plugged into caught fire, as did my PC's power supply which, unfortunately, is positioned at the bottom of the case.

After extinguishing the fire and unplugging everything I let it dry off overnight. Obviously it is toast. I hooked up the power supply from my son's PC this morning and still nothing - pretty sure the board is bad. I'm going to try putting my new R390X into my son's computer to see if it works, but I'm not holding my breath since it sat about 5 inches above the power supply and looked like it was getting licked by flames.

I've already contacted the surge protector company so hopefully I can get a lot of that replaced by their warranty? Either way, it sucks because I have all of next week off and don't have to go back to work until the 12th. Gonna be a long week with a PC.

Holy fuck, this sounds terrible. Good luck with the warranty

Klei is making a space colony sim game called Oxygen Not Included.

Rimworld has opened the floodgates for imitators.
I'm joking.
Besides, the art style looks like Steamworld Dig anyways.

That sucks. I didn't realise surge protectors could spontaneously combust like that... At least y'all caught the fire right away and are more or less OK. And have a fire extinguisher! (ohgodwhydontIhaveone)

Hope the warranty stuff works out for you. I have a surge protector with a failure warranty myself, so I'm hoping that it covers damage as intended.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Be sure to not admit that anything in your PC was overclocked. Also, I hope the cause was a lightning strike as most surge protector warranties don't cover other "acts of God" or even "low-voltage disturbances" (brownouts and the like).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Be sure to not admit that anything in your PC was overclocked. Also, I hope the cause was a lightning strike as most surge protector warranties don't cover other "acts of God" or even "low-voltage disturbances" (brownouts and the like).

Thanks for the tips. Thankfully nothing was over clocked, so I dont even have to lie about it if asked. Not sure if it was a lightning strike or not though, we honestly don't get many of those here.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This, project phoenix, spaceventure and ghost song are the longstanding projects I've kind of given up on playing anytime soon, if ever.

La-Mulana 2 seems to be progressing very slowly, but progressing nonetheless. The backers-only updates are frustrating for me tracking it, but at least they're updating. I would call this yellow, or average risk.

Spaceventure I think might get done. They've been out of money for years, and that's scary, and it's years over the deadline, and that's scary too, so it's definitely high risk. They update pretty frequently, they released a little spinoff game to make a bit of money, and it looks kinda like it's eventually coming together. Can't remember if I have this as yellow or orange but I think could justify either.

Unsung Story and Project Phoenix are both cataclysmically bad Kickstarters. A total embarrassment to everyone involved. Here are my update notes for Unsung Story:
Jun 28: Progress update: No progress to speak of.
Apr 9: Progress Update: No progress to speak of.
Feb 27: The good news is they've come clean about how much they've managed to do by spending all the money. The bad news is that they've done basically nothing so far.
Feb 6: Lost some staff members, nowhere near anything, have no idea what's going on
Oct 20: Some combat footage.
Sep 30: Did an AMA where they said nothing.
Sep 21: Development is hard, times are hard, also we're rolling out in phases and first is PvP. Errr, ok?
Aug: Backer revolt in comments.
May 15: Generally low communication volume, last update concept art and basic combat details

And for Project Phoenix:
Mar 25: They have a programmer and he's been on the game for a month. Video of early pathing and combat AI.
Dec 10: Wow, surprise, another apology from the worst Kickstarter ever run. Still having a hard time hiring people, or making a game, aiming for 2018 release, not planning refunds though because they need the money. LOL!
Nov 10: We still haven't managed to hire a programmer.
Sep 2: We still haven't managed to hire a programmer. Lol!
Aug 19: Here's some videos from six months ago showing that stuff is early.
Mid-July: Sorry development is hard! We lost our programmer... then our other programmer... then we fired our PR guy *shrugs* well bye.
May 28: Sorry development is hard!

*shakes head*

Wok

Nightmarish.

Grief.exe

Without a computer on Labor Day weekend too, at least you got an insane story out of it.

What game were you playing? Does this effect your charity stream?

Klei is making a space colony sim game called Oxygen Not Included.

Rimworld has opened the floodgates for imitators.
I'm joking.
Besides, the art style looks like Steamworld Dig anyways.

Klei is doing a sim? All in.

Thanks for the tips. Thankfully nothing was over clocked, so I dont even have to lie about it if asked. Not sure if it was a lightning strike or not though, we honestly don't get many of those here.

Tell them you have contacts at Valve and will roast their company if they don't comply with your demands.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Sucks that happened, hope warranty does cover a lot of it and you're back in the game pronto. Thankfully we do live in an era where there's a lot of ways to get entertainment with free time, so sure you'll find something to do (even if it's not the preferred time waster).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom