• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Or just release the three Capcom SNES Mickey games on whatever Virtual Console. Magical Quest is the best of the three, but Great Circus Mystery and "Magical Quest 3" (which is SFC-exclusive, but got a GBA port in the west) are also good too!

I heard great things about 3 and I heard 2 was good but yeah the first seems to be the most liked of them. Also Goof Troop SNES could get ported.

Saty

Why are some in-progress projects marked as yellow while others marked as safe? For example, Torment is marked as yellow while something like We Happy Few isn't. Both have Early Access up.

fantomena

Yeah. So was Helldivers. There is a chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see a NEO version of Bloodborne to be released alongside a PC version. Sony know's there is extra money waiting for them on the PC side.

Wait...you think Bloodborne will be released on PC cause Helldivers and Everybody's Rapture is on PC?

Might as well wait for a Steam Machine Ratchet & Clank bundle.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been meaning to PM you the updates for La-Mulana 2 since the last time I did, but kind of forgot. :p
Maybe GhostTrick is a better information courier.

Like Johnny Mnemonic.

I am extremely confident GhostTrick has 320 gigabytes of memory in his brain, but I am concerned about the possible seepage.

Yeah, I generally don't get into hair-splitting on that kind of stuff. There are a few projects that did get finished but messed up one of the physical rewards, or cancelled last-gen ports, or other kinda shady stuff, or didn't finish some of the stretch goals, or otherwise did something kinda scammy. I occasionally leave notes (like The Fine Young Capitalists under IndieGoGo went from a very early early access version to final release days after saying they had indefinitely delayed the game and never followed up after release at all)--but mostly I just take for granted that if a game has a non-Early Access release then it's released. Too much stuff to follow up on and too many subjective judgments if not. Thanks for the info though, I'll probably add a note to it.

Yeah. Basically for La-Mulana 2 and Night in the Woods, those are both games that just do backers-only updates. If you can PM me screenshots of the last few updates, I'd appreciate that. I'm not trying to scam anyone, I know why devs do backers-only updates, I just want to do a quick top-line summary of the game's progress.

Or just release the three Capcom SNES Mickey games on whatever Virtual Console. Magical Quest is the best of the three, but Great Circus Mystery and "Magical Quest 3" (which is SFC-exclusive, but got a GBA port in the west) are also good too!

Sure, I do it now.

Yeah. So was Helldivers. There is a chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see a NEO version of Bloodborne to be released alongside a PC version. Sony know's there is extra money waiting for them on the PC side.

the possibility to play 4k bloodborne at 60fps without ca.... hold me

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yellow: The Yellow Artefact -- MB-AC4057834153134F - Taken by MaxiLive

Cth

Had a weird dream last night that they rebooted/reinvented PLANETFALL as a mobile game.

The premise was that you were an astronaut that escaped a space station that had exploded and that you had seconds to react before the remants of the space station started falling from the sky in increasing waves of difficulty/size. Small bits of debris, eventually becoming something massive like the ending of Prometheus. Gigantic mall sized bits of debris that became a maze if you were lucky enough to "dodge"/line yourself up with the empty space.

Each wave was accompanied by this insane jet engine like sound as debris entered the atmosphere.

Strange dream.

Knurek

I am extremely confident GhostTrick has 320 gigabytes of memory in his brain, but I am concerned about the possible seepage.

Didn't Johnny Mnemonic have 320 MB?
We're talking about a 1981 short story here, 2-4 MB HDDs were the norm then, and of course Gibson was absolutely not a techie.

rNZRC4U.jpg

So, I'm stuck here. To jump using the ramp I need to push down the action button, but it seems nothing work. XBox One controller, any tips?

I think the action button is mapped to select? You should remap it. And hold the button while riding over the ramp.

I am having a problem trying to start Soma. All i see is a black screen that goes white when i get to the menu. The sound and controls still work.
I went through the official troubleshooting guide but nothing seems to help.
I got the game to run once a month ago and it ran fine so i know its not my machine... Anyone experience anything like this before?

Nzyme32

I'm hoping on that happening eventually

MUnited83

For you.
Lisa.

IMHO is useless spending money on this now. XL will probably be 30€, just wait a 75% off on that but at least you will have the full package.
Its not going to be 30€. Buying the Premium Edition now for 10 and buying the Kombat Pack 2 separateky is probably as cheap as it will get for quite a while.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We're talking about a 1981 short story here, 2-4 MB HDDs were the norm then, and of course Gibson was absolutely not a techie.

Look at you, thinking that we're the type of dorks that read science fiction novels and not the cool bros who watch mid-tier 90s action flicks that we are.

Hagi

Hmm is there any controller based multi-player games on steam anyone would recommend? I've been finding myself watching Dead By Daylight on Twitch a lot and thought I'd try it out but the matchmaking seems absolutely borked because I only managed to get like 3 games in and spent the rest of my time staring at the Join Lobby menu. I just want to find something that has a healthy community and I can have fun with so genre doesn't really matter.

Bought an Xbox One S controller today, they really do feel better than the original XB1 controller, the textured back and smaller bumpers are nice improvements, the face buttons feel more responsive and tactile too, it's probably because it's new but it's still feels really good.

Monooboe

Bought an Xbox One S controller today, they really do feel better than the original XB1 controller, the textured back and smaller bumpers are nice improvements, the face buttons feel more responsive and tactile too, it's probably because it's new but it's still feels really good.

Did you get a customized one? I really want to get a customized one sometime.

Ascheroth

Last time I read from one of Xseed employees on Twitter is that it was almost ready or something (IIRC). So, I'm hoping that it won't mss the Summer release window.

That would be nice. I'm busy with God Eater, but Falcom = insta-buy anyway :p

And speaking of God Eater, I found the PSHashes for taking hudless screenshots. I've posted them in the respective OTs as well, but here you go:
Code:
injectPSHash 40281d2e
injectPSHash 82938a24
injectPSHash bfa838f7
injectPSHash abde9c8d
injectPSHash 8638b70a

It's possible that I've missed some, since the game seems to randomly choose from a number of hashes every startup, but those 5 seem to work fine.

Ascheroth

I've been messing around with Long Blade and I think impulse edge is really strong.. like borderline OP if not OP lol.

I've been playing Scythe -> Spear -> Buster Blade and liked each more than the one before. Maybe I'll have to try the Long Blade too :p
But hitting Aragami in the face with a charged attack and seeing a huge damage number popping up is already pretty satisfying..

So Titan Quest is okay. The interface is still a bit flaky. It plays better now that I skip all the story.

What is the name of that Diablo II clone that had the elf with the big boobs on the main screen and is it on Steam?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

80 gig normally
160 when he uses a doubler

So Titan Quest is okay. The interface is still a bit flaky. It plays better now that I skip all the story.

What is the name of that Diablo II clone that had the elf with the big boobs on the main screen and is it on Steam?

Sacred 2

I finished Far Cry 3. To put it quickly, I thought the ending I chose was slightly poignant and had a kind of life-is-never-going-to-be-the-same-but-I'm-moving-on feeling. And then I watched the other ending, which was like the end to an episode of Tales From the Crypt or something, and it completely soured me on the game. I don't want to do anything more with it. I was going to finish some quests and maybe install a mod to dink around in, but I have too much distaste for it now. I can see my ending fitting in with the breadcrumb trail left by the Alice in Wonderland quotes (she does wake up at the end of her story after all) but the
Citra
ending was like a bucket of cold water. I totally would have chose it too
had she not tied me up right before. It would have made sense to choose since they already had the tribe worshiping Jason by the end of the first act.
What a downer.

AHA-Lambda

Extremely minor references to Chaos;Head.
Same music composer.
That's about it.

Fair enough then, I can jump right in.

Are there plans for the others coming to Steam anyway? Seems a bit odd that the 2nd in the series would be first? Then again I believe it's the most famous one though?

Oh, and Far Cry 2 stays winning. The only things I'd add in from 3 is more side missions and a few more of the weapons that 3 had. I really missed the gun breaks. Honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom