• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Hey, did you guys know that Vampire: TM - B is a pretty cool game? I finally decided to play more than 30 minutes, and I'm having a really good time with it. Shoutouts to modders for fixing it, and shoutouts to Valve for making it possible to play this from my comfy couch. PC Gaming is awesome.

derExperte

Woah, a friend bought BF1 via South Africa, first try got refunded, second resulted in getting his account locked. Not sure yet if it's a complete lock or something like Steam but that's the first time I ever heard of that happening with Origin.

Well, besides the game being what it is, the dev also tried to stiff bundle buyers.

So how come game reviews in the Steam database don't stay "in the cloud?" If a game leaves my library and comes back, I get to keep the achievements and all that... but if a developer pulls a game and puts it back, all the reviews go away? Why can't the reviews stick, if other things can?

Lunaniem

Woah, a friend bought BF1 via South Africa, first try got refunded, second resulted in getting his account locked. Not sure yet if it's a complete lock or something like Steam but that's the first time I ever heard of that happening with Origin.

Are prices lower on the SA store?

Before EA started hiking up the prices on newer games in the Mexico store, I've heard of people not being able to buy anymore games via store but could still redeem via code.

Ozium

rip mexican origin?

Nabs

rip origin.

derExperte

Are prices lower on the SA store?

Before EA started hiking up the prices on newer games in the Mexico store, I've heard of people not being able to buy anymore games via store but could still redeem via code.

Yes, less than 70€ for BF1 + Premium and under 40 for the base game. Didn't realize they recently cracked down on cross-region buying, got NfS this summer in Mexico and it worked no problem.

MUnited83

For you.
So how come game reviews in the Steam database don't stay "in the cloud?" If a game leaves my library and comes back, I get to keep the achievements and all that... but if a developer pulls a game and puts it back, all the reviews go away? Why can't the reviews stick, if other things can?

They do. The reviews are still there.

What was the price on the South African Origin store? edit - never mind, should have refreshed the page. FWIW the game is available for about $40 on key selling sites.

I can't seem to make up my mind on the game. It seems like it could be fun but I really dislike this map and it's detracting from the experience.

Jawmuncher

Discounted bundles are pretty cool. Got Borderlands TPS for $3.22 since I owned the other 2 games and dlc.

Nice
image.php

Looks like VR is starting to die down quite a bit on PC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1274427

Kinda worrying when one of the Valve employees stated that a third of the company is working on VR not too long ago. Hopefully their hard work doesn't go to waste. All that time and resources could be used on something else like Half-Life 3.

Not too surprised. The software is coming out at an *incredibly* slow trickle, and the early adopters who were willing to stomach the cost are already users. It really needs some software ASAP, hopefully this holiday season has something. I don't think i've put on my Rift in at least 2 months.

MUnited83

For you.

Kinda worrying when one of the Valve employees stated that a third of the company is working on VR not too long ago. Hopefully their hard work doesn't go to waste. All that time and resources could be used on something else like Half-Life 3.
Dunno, seems like it's going fine by the calculations Stumpokapow posted. Mind you, it's not like Oculus or Valve expected or targeted the mass market. Yeah, it's niche, and the companies know that.
The work and research they are doing on VR is far more important that HL3 will ever be.

Momentary

Banned
Dunno, seems like it's going fine by the calculations Stumpokapow posted. Mind you, it's not like Oculus or Valve expected or targeted the mass market. Yeah, it's niche, and the companies know that.
The work and research they are doing on VR is far more important that HL3 will ever be.

I agree. Profit from VR will eclipse anything that HL3 could ever bring them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dear 10 Year Old Me: I know you think your 50 video game collection is amazing, but in 2016 you will have bought over 100 subsequently abandoned bundle turds that will never release.

chronomac

Is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel worth $3.22? That's how much it takes for me to complete the Triple Pack on Steam. I liked 2 alright but just played solo.

Is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel worth $3.22? That's how much it takes for me to complete the Triple Pack on Steam. I liked 2 alright but just played solo.

It's good fun, it's very Australian though. A lot of the jokes won't make a lot of sense to others. Gravity is much lighter on the moon, obviously, so combat is quite different than the other games. It's a steal at the price.

I wonder what the price would be on the Aussie store? 2K still think US$109.99 is a fair full price for the game and season pass. Fuck you 2K Australia and the Death-Bird Cassowary you rode in on.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I can get Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel for less than five bucks. Will there ever be a scenario where I can buy the DLC for either or both for a "good" price, that doesn't also involve re-buying the base games?

For instance. What does the Borderlands 2: Game of the Year edition cost if you already own the base game?

Tellaerin

Hm. I'm wondering if Borderlands TPS is worth it for $3.22. I have enough card money to cover that, but not enough for any of the DLC.

(LOL, now I see some people have asked about that already. Still wondering how much of a difference the DLC makes, though. I soloed through 1 and 2 and enjoyed them both.)

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
That's a lot of nuts gigs.

edit: for Halo Forge. It's 36 gigs.

Grief.exe

That's how products targeting a premium, niche market work. There was always going to be an initial ceiling on these things.
The cost reductions from the next generations will start to saturate the market further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom