• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

image.php

Some upcoming releases

Everspace - 14th
KBThU4k.jpg

Are you bored of long space flights? Has landing on oddly similar looking planets gotten old? Sick of trading and just want to blow shit up? Then Everspace might just be the game for you. Kickstarted last year, Everspace brings fast-paced arcade space combat to Early Access. Pirate bases, lightning storms, massive capital ships, debris fields, and other procedurally generated locales offer gorgeous backdrops for hectic battles, and various ships, weapons, and upgrades to craft let you develop your own playstyle. A linear story-driven campaign, additional ships, and dynamic cockpit views are coming later in Early Access

Event[0] - 14th
A2bthjn.jpg

If you’re familiar with the 2005 indie game Facade, you might be excited for Event[0]. Much like that freeware classic, Event[0] is a narrative-driven sci-fi game where you type your own responses and queries rather than choosing pre-written choices. And the game will talk back, because Event[0] is a story of being trapped on a mysterious station controlled by an AI that will react and respond to your tone and comments. Building your relationship with this AI is crucial to learning more about the game’s world and explore more of the ship.

Sorcery 4 - 15th
HoCR9J7.jpg

Three years in the making, inkle’s Sorcery saga is finally coming to a close. Each digital adaptation has expanded and evolved Steve Jackson’s classic gamebooks in new and more complex ways, and The Crown of Kings is no different. From the 3D world of the Mampang fortress, to the new disguise system that changes how and who you can interact with, new forms of magic, Sorcery 4 promises over 500,000 words of secrets, monsters, side stories, and an epic finale to the fantasy quadrilogy

I'm in the market for a new mouse and keyboard, my only requirement is that it has to at least burn one of my retinas every time I RGB it up. Got a bunch of research to do, I'm really not trying to get the Razer Deus Ex bundle but if I can't find anything else I want it'll be my stand by.

deusex-herobanner.jpg

Tizoc

That's how products targeting a premium, niche market work. There was always going to be an initial ceiling on these things.
The cost reductions from the next generations will start to saturate the market further.

This would prob. explain why Sony are bumping up the price of PS Plus: To cover on any chance of their PS VR line failing.

Took halo 5 forge for a test drive before heading to bed and it runs very well. Have an i5 3340/gtx 970/8gb ram and it seemed really smooth and no crashes. With how well this, Forza apex and Killer Instinct run, I wonder what happened with quantum break.

dex3108

Took halo 5 forge for a test drive before heading to bed and it runs very well. Have an i5 3340/gtx 970/8gb ram and it seemed really smooth and no crashes. With how well this, Forza apex and Killer Instinct run, I wonder what happened with quantum break.

Well Remedy is 3rd party studio so they probably got very little time to do port with limited knowledge of UWP.

mp1990

Banned
Finished The Turing Test earlier today. Just wanna echo what people said here before, that the game plays awfully safe, and if you have ever consumed any other media piece that deals in depth with AIs and the complexity of human consciousness, you know what you're in for. The story never attempts to make breakthroughs given the themes it addresses (granted, the central theme itself has been explored to exhaustion, but nevertheless it feels far too commonplace), and although it brings up valid discussions, it never does anything with those, it feels like wasted potential. The way the plot itself is put together is very odd, too: by the middle of the game, all big twists are laid bare, and the rest of the game is basically an huge dialogue between the AI and the main character, which turns tiresome very quickly. It does help that the VA is very good, and the two main characters are interesting enough that it holds your attention for a certain period of time, but after some time it wears thin.

The puzzles itself are, well, easy. I'm honestly impressed at how much mileage they got out of such a simple formula, adding a bunch of variables throughouth the game, but it clearly didn't left much space for actual challenge. My issue with this is that, although I found the puzzles to be entertaining, it never gave me a sense of accomplishment, it only felt like I was powering through all the puzzles without putting much thought in any of them. Compared to, let's say, Portal 2, which is arguably just as simple, it never gave me this impression, and even though I never had any difficulties to beat the puzzles, at least the act of doing so felt rewarding. The arrangement of the game design and the way new mechanics are introduced to the player is very weird too, it's very unnatural and doesn't feel completely "embedded" in the gameplay cycle (to exemplify, during Chapter 6, right after a head scratching puzzle, there's one where they present the
mounted turret
, and it's literally something a 5 year old could solve). Compared to, again, Portal, where new mechanics are constantly being presented to you but never in such a jarring way, this is hard to swallow. It takes a turn for the better during the last chapter though, where it feels like all the challenging puzzles they've been holding to themselves were thrown in a single segment, which is a bit of a difficulty spike but I'm not complaining, it was an welcome change.

There's also the Optional Puzzles, which are arguably the most interesting part of the game. They are by far the most challenging puzzles, requiring further thought and going beyond what the game has conditioned you to (some even requiring knowing stuff like
logic gates
, which I had no idea it was a think till today). And they are very well recompensed, since it is in those rooms where you get the more meaty part of the story, where they actually addressees the topics proposed by the game without any qualms. Still, doesn't make up for the unfulfilling plot.

In conclusion... you probably own way better games that explores philosophical issues about the nature of human consciousness, so don't bother, at least not at full price.

Pachimari

I just noticed I have these games:

Rainbow Six: Siege on uPlay
Battlefield on Origin
Overwatch on Battle.net
Unreal Tournament on Epic Launcher
Call of Duty on Steam
Halo 5 Forge on UWP

Ludens

Banned
So, yesterday I finished Banner Saga. Initially I planned to do a quick play and than going to see a movie, but I got involved with the game and I ended up on beating it.
Solid title, but there are things I didn't like:
-give me a speed-up button. Really, seeing the slow walking animation for 10 hours when there are no dialogues it's awful. Just speed-up until the next event/dialogue.
-sometimes you try to make a choice and, even if apparently is the "good" one, you get punished hardly for trying to help all people. I mean, it's not strictly a negative thing, but during the end of the game I saw half my party wiped out for one single "bad" decision.
-again, sometimes the game tricks you. You reach one point in which you need to wait for another character. Another character insists to wait for the other one, and you end up spending days and wasting resources for nothing. The game tricks you into burning those resources and after that point there's no way to recover your resources from the market, considering you won't find one. I found this very irritating, because I was doing very well until that point, but after that a lot of clan members and vaarl left every moment.
-the game is just an "intro". I hope to get Banner Saga 2 soon and see how the story develops, because as a single game, plot side, there's not so much meat on the table, it's just a general introduction.

Ludens

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1144/

Well, it seems Capcom heard my suggestion about the pack...but it's not the Triple Pack, like on console which is 50€, but a Collector's pack including dlcs...so I will end to pay 10€ more if I take this because it's packed with useless DLCs. Well, better having another option than having none I guess.
EDIT: The pack includes also DR3, so the price is justified. Didn't notice that at first.

Deques

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1144/

Well, it seems Capcom heard my suggestion about the pack...but it's not the Triple Pack, like on console which is 50€, but a Collector's pack including dlcs...so I will end to pay 10€ more if I take this because it's packed with useless DLCs. Well, better having another option than having none I guess.
EDIT: The pack includes also DR3, so the price is justified. Didn't notice that at first.

Is the bundle new? I thought I saw it in the last Capcom sale

neonglow

It's in $1 humble bundle.

also:

Getting GameMaker: Studio Professional (and the Modules) from this Bundle allows you to get a Steam Key. After 14 days from activating your licence in the system please go to your YoYo Account and enter your email address on the in the licence recovery field at the bottom of the licences tab. You should receive a list of your licence keys. More information can be found here).

Which means you can get steam keys too.

Is there any other reason to get the Steam version of GameMaker besides getting a +1? Does it have improved functionality with the Steam market?

Deques

Is there any other reason to get the Steam version of GameMaker besides getting a +1? Does it have improved functionality with the Steam market?

From what I understand, the Steam version is not up to date version of Game Maker. The plus side to the Steam version is that you will have Steam API stuff ready to use

Just checked myself regarding the version
The non-steam version is 1.4.1760
The Steam version is 1.4.1757

Tizoc

Oh damn...
In Deus Ex HR I did not speak with Taggart before going to look for Sandoval. As such Sandoval will be Hostile when I arrive at his location. Guess I'll backtrack to the center and speak with Taggart if I can >_>
Or screw it and just do that in an NG+ :V

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Uncanny Valley -- MB-784414C0C5802F7C - Taken by MaxiLive
Super Ubie Island Remix -- MB-7A32226C904DFC25 - Taken by Deques
This Book is a Dungeon -- MB-018AAF42E8FD441D - Taken by voodooray
Cosmic Leap -- MB-14E5024F5254BB5A - Taken by Ludens
Curvatron -- MB-BCB6F65250D38786 - Taken by bobnowhere
Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-556A7F0F2709CCDA - Taken by fuzzy123
Overture -- MB-2D931C4CF7823625 - Taken by Monooboe
Mazement -- MB-00D166EE5388BE08 - Taken by redlacs
Raining Blobs -- MB-CADBB4A989FC6A21 - Taken by septicore
Ink -- MB-13FF5A3A1EFB17CC - Taken by derExperte
Home -- MB-2B42C813F3427407 - Taken by illusionary

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery gift -- MB-E4FFD700D5CAC2A3 - Taken by Ucchedavāda

Mivey

I hope this comes to PC
Well, sure, with a obligatory KS that promises the world to PC players and then delivers a half baked F2P game. That's his MO at this point. He really seems less like an auteur and more like a one-note con artist.

Ascheroth

I see God Eater is still steadily climbing up. Gained another 2,5k, currently at 36,5k. Glad my 'prediction' was wrong :)
I wonder where it will end up once there is no noticably daily increase anymore. Pretty interesting.

And while I'm at it, I need my Falcom fix, XSeed! Xanadu Next when?

Corpekata

Banned
But isn't it possible to break the GPU if I do this, seeing that I have never tried it out before? :)

You won't break the GPU. You might cause your PC or game to crash if your OC is unstable, which is why you take it slow, crank it up only a few nothces at a time, testing things out

But isn't it possible to break the GPU if I do this, seeing that I have never tried it out before? :)

Overclocking with Afterburner just involves moving some sliders. Don't go too crazy with it and you'll be fine. Go with 50-100Mhz on the core clock and maybe 150-200 on the memory clock to start things off.

Pachimari

You won't break the GPU. You might cause your PC or game to crash if your OC is unstable, which is why you take it slow, crank it up only a few nothces at a time, testing things out

Overclocking with Afterburner just involves moving some sliders. Don't go too crazy with it and you'll be fine. Go with 50-100Mhz on the core clock and maybe 150-200 on the memory clock to start things off.

I'll try this, as I didn't know which sliders to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom