• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played about an hour and a half of The Evil Within and so far it feels like an RE4 clone. Did people just hate it on release because of technical issues or something?
More of the same I suppose. A lot of what makes RE4 isn't quite as good in TEW (enemy encounters, revolutionary hit reactions, etc) and it does have a few severe issues (bombs are garbage thanks to being almost instant kills, terrible performance on consoles, etc).

However, I loved the game and want to play through it again with downsampling on my 1070 once I get it.

KingKong

Just played about an hour and a half of The Evil Within and so far it feels like an RE4 clone. Did people just hate it on release because of technical issues or something?

it starts out really, really well and there are many cool levels but also a lot of bad ones. still worth playing though for sure if you like action games

I hope theyre still working on Evil Within 2, I was expecting Bethesda to announce it already

-MD-

Technical issues and people being bad at video games are the 2 main reasons it got flak.

kagamin

I feel like my objective while playing Insurgency is to cause as much random chaos as possible, molotovs and thermite grenades everywhere with a nice dose of RPG shots.

I feel like my objective while playing Insurgency is to cause as much random chaos as possible, molotovs and thermite grenades everywhere with a nice dose of RPG shots.

More games need that sort of objective. Possibly with quest text reading "Fuck shit up" and quest markers to said shit requiring fucking up.

mp1990

Banned
Decided to give Enter the gungeon another try after not getting invested into it earlier this year... this game is the shit. Not sure why I didn't enjoy it before, but now I'm appreciating the more methodical gameplay much more, in comparison to the frenetic flux of Nuclear Throne, which I played simultaneously to it back when EtG released. I'm not particularly good at it, but I reached level 2 once already, so hopefully I'll manage to continue to do progress.

While I'm on the topic, do you guys usually play those twin stick shooters on m/kb or on a pad? I always go with the former, as ironic as it sounds.

I have not played Diablo 2 is aaaaaaaaaaaaaages. I loved it, how does it hold up today? Or should I just play Diablo 3 instead?

$20 is great for Diablo 2 vs $40 for Diablo 3 and forced online...

Been hankering for something Diablo. Sold my Ps4 copy cus nobody played it with me locally and PS+ :(

Monooboe

I have not played Diablo 2 is aaaaaaaaaaaaaages. I loved it, how does it hold up today? Or should I just play Diablo 3 instead?

Been hankering for something Diablo. Sold my Ps4 copy cus nobody played it with me locally and PS+ :(

While I think Diablo 2 holds up really well I do think you should go with Diablo 3, it's my most played game and it's as good as those games get. Also Seasons are nice.

Tizoc

Ingot diablo 3 ros for pc for $16 just thr other day
Dunno how often the pc ver goes on sale but check amazon from time to time

While I think Diablo 2 holds up really well I do think you should go with Diablo 3, it's my most played game and it's as good as those games get. Also Seasons are nice.
I haven't played Diablo 2 since I was like 8, and it was glorious.
Ingot diablo 3 ros for pc for $16 just thr other day
Dunno how often the pc ver goes on sale but check amazon from time to time
I see the base game and expansion for $15-16 each right now but I can't bother with boxes. I know it comes with a code, but yeah.

kagamin

I swear... I just need to pull out my collection of game discs and install Zoo Tycoon and its expansions again, its been too damn long since I've played that amazing gem.

MUnited83

For you.
I swear... I just need to pull out my collection of game discs and install Zoo Tycoon and its expansions again, its been too damn long since I've played that amazing gem.
Zoo Tycoon was so great. It was amazing to mess around in it when I was a kid.

Still pissed at what they did with the franchise :(

Kudo

Why do i feel like there are more silly threads on gaming discussion than is usual right now?

Because this generations console war is about to enter round 2, just wait until NX/Scorpio gets released - Will be full of "Why would anyone buy PS4P when you can get NX/Scorpio?" etc.

Loved TEW myself, it's definitely challenging game at points and some levels are worse than others but overall I thought it was definitely worth my time, and I played it on PS4 with black bars and variable framerate, I'd assume it's lot better on PC now.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zoo Tycoon was so great. It was amazing to mesa around in it when I was a kid.

Still pissed at what they did with the franchise :(

the last game, despite being simplified, is still totally playable. pity it got released in the xbox 360 -> xbox one transition when microsoft decided pc gaming wasn't worthwhile and frontier also had forgotten that pc games existed

Knurek

the last game, despite being simplified, is still totally playable. pity it got released in the xbox 360 -> xbox one transition when microsoft decided pc gaming wasn't worthwhile and frontier also had forgotten that pc games existed

Aren't they, uhh, making Elite Dangerous now?
Maybe they unforgot about PC?

They also released LostWinds on Steam recently, further supporting my point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Day D: Tower Rush -- MB-92B425BE3E11F8FF - Taken by redlacs
Hidden Object Bundle 5-in-1 -- MB-214D27AD0660F609 - Taken by bobnowhere
Hidden Object Bundle 4-in-1 -- MB-36B481C281BBE854 - Taken by dimmer
Acorn Assault: Rodent Revolution -- MB-176D52290B536309 - Taken by MaxiLive
Zombitatos: The End of the PC Master Race -- MB-96E44FC79E04288D - Taken by WinterDemons

MUnited83

For you.
Aren't they, uhh, making Elite Dangerous now?
Maybe they unforgot about PC?

They also released LostWinds on Steam recently, further supporting my point.

Frontier is also releasing one of the GOTYs this year, Planet Coaster.

Which game in the series do you recommend?
I prefer the first one, if only because of nostalgia and appreciation for the aesthetics. 2 I remember being alright but the management side of is a bit shallow. There's little challenge and you will quickly have a self-sufficient zoo without much effort. That said, it's still a really neat Zoo Creator Sandbox. Go for both if possible. 2 has a pretty cool mod scene that's still active today.

Tizoc

Frontier is also releasing one of the GOTYs this year, Planet Coaster.

I prefer the first one, if only because of nostalgia and appreciation for the aesthetics. 2 I remember being alright but the management side of is a bit shallow. There's little challenge and you will quickly have a self-sufficient zoo without much effort. That said, it's still a really neat Zoo Creator Sandbox. Go for both if possible. 2 has a pretty cool mod scene that's still active today.

Thanks i'll try to track them down.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to give Enter the Dungeon another try after not getting invested into it earlier this year... this game is the shit. Not sure why I didn't enjoy it before, but now I'm appreciating the more methodical gameplay much more, in comparison to the frenetic flux of Nuclear Throne, which I played simultaneously to it back when EtD released. I'm not particularly good at it, but I reached level 2 once already, so hopefully I'll manage to continue to do progress.

While I'm on the topic, do you guys usually play those twin stick shooters on m/kb or on a pad? I always go with the former, as ironic as it sounds.

Are you talking about enter the gungeon? I wholeheartedly agree, playing too right now and it's amazing

The one things that annoys me is actually that I can't really play it on the Steam controller :( M/kb is just so much more precise in that game

Sometimes Taiwanese steam store pages have simplified Chinese game titles and product descriptions, is there anyone I could talk to about the issue?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sometimes Taiwanese steam store pages have simplified Chinese game titles and product descriptions, is there anyone I could talk to about the issue?

That's something you'd have to contact the respective publishers about. Steam doesn't automatically translate user-supplied product info, just the base elements.

Are there any issues with the latest nVidia drivers? I have a 970 and GeForce Experience has an update but I'm wary of doing so due to the issues that people have had in the past.

Jimrpg

I vote Diablo 3. I think it makes D2 redundant so if you just want to play one get D3 and the expansion ROS. If intend to play right through for the story D2 is still a great game but there are heaps of gameplay improvements in D3 that make it fun to play. In D3 you can swap in and out skills with the runes, in D2 you put it in a skill tree and it's fixed. Small things like no identify scrolls, no town portal scrolls, damage stat displayed as damage per second to evaluate and compare each weapon easily, all the items being one of two sizes in inventory instead of lots of different sizes.

Big changes brought in in ROS include adventure mode for end game, where you get a random dungeon and boss to defeat for loot. Fun blast for 20 mins at a time. And seasons mode so you can develop new builds.

It's my favourite blizzard game.

Jimrpg

totally fucked up my building in project highrise, I took a contract from investors for expanding my infrastructure by including 12 medium offices (3 of each type of 4) and went to go build some shit

anyways after zoning the office space I signed a contract for a tenant to move in, but it was a dentist (I need 3 medical offices) but wasn't thinking and put them in a place and now they moved in and are pissed because they dont have water... (not all offices need a water line, restaurants/coffee shops do, of course.. and laundry services)

apartments need them too but i'm not building any of those

but they are in a place where in order to give them water I'd have to evict like 4 tenants and that shit costs money since you are breaking their lease

fucked

dsdsdasdd

How close is this game to Sim Tower and does it offer anything new?

If it's a 1:1 copy I might hold off, but if it adds more depth, I might jump in at full price.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead by Daylight -- MB-D9E5F8E0275C30BD - Taken by Ludens. 27 entrants total.

t1473602079z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom