• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing in on finishing Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines but like someone said the last third is kinda weak.

I'd be down on playing some new game next but I don't have anything in mind besides PacMan CEDX2

29348885920_8b0b64ff27_o.png

What is going on here? This is simply unbearable.

Teeth

Probably. Bundlestars has it on sale every 2nd week it seems like.

I've started to wonder if BundleStars has some sort of affiliation with WB. All of their games (Batman, Mortal Kombat, Shadow of Mordor, Scribblenauts, some LEGO stuff) are perpetually on sale there.

AHA-Lambda

Not sure either but apparently the port is Devil May Cry 3 tier anyway.

eesh =/

and yet DMC 3 remains however so it's clearly not a quality issue >_>
probably is something to do with Jean Reno!

The biggest problem with SoM is that they don't leverage the Nemesis System at all. It's just kinda there, always completely divorced from the elements of the game that matter. It would've been so much better as a brutal you-get-one-chance roguelike or something, along with completely jettisoning the story and "story" """missions""". Just something to make the nemeses actually matter.

That said, I kinda want to replay it now. What sort of difficulty options are there now?

...Bah.

This, this, this, this

Oh god damn it THIS!

For something hailed as being so innovative (and what surely helped it win all those goty awards (i mean seriously...)) the game is so damn easy that the nemesis system barely comes into play.

In 16 hours of gameplay, I died a half dozen times, and all but one of those were to monsters that don't affect the nemesis system. Embarassing.

Wok

My wired Xbox360 controller has automatically been set to Player 2 recently, instead of Player 1. I don't know the reason why, maybe a Windows upgrade.

It would be okay if it did not affect some games. It turns out my controller is not recognized by Duke Nukem Forever, so either the game is bugged with Win10, or the game does not recognize gamepads set to Player 2.

Jalal

WTF this Toxikk game seems pretty good !

Only just heard about this (as its got a free version on Steam), its basically a UT clone, but seems like a highly polished one at that. Mouse aim is crazy smooth, performance is rock solid.

Reminds me a little of the UT clones of the original all those years ago, some which were fun, others which were trash, this is one of the fun ones.

Oh cool.

I knew about this, but didnt know you could play for free.

KR_remix

I see way too much gravy there.
Ketchup > gravy

There is only gravy on the mashed potatoes
the thing next to it is red beans and rice
, unless you are saying you like ketchup on mashed potatoes... which just sounds like insanity to me. There's even a thing of ketchup in front of the second box.

Also gravy>ketchup for fried chicken, biscuits, and fries.

Ozium

My wired Xbox360 controller has automatically been set to Player 2 recently, instead of Player 1. I don't know the reason why, maybe a Windows upgrade.

It would be okay if it did not affect some games. It turns out my controller is not recognized by Duke Nukem Forever, so either the game is bugged with Win10, or the game does not recognize gamepads set to Player 2.

have you tried restarting your system?

Grimalkin

Probably unrelated by my wired Xbox 360 controller gets completely fucked up if I have it plugged in when I turn my PC on. I have to have it unplugged, turn my PC on, then after it's all booted up and ready finally plug in my 360 controller.

Wok

have you tried restarting your system?

It happened from the start. I only tried to unplug & replug, and googled a bit but people have reported all kinds of pseudo-solutions, from 2012 to 2016, which only work for some.

Probably unrelated by my wired Xbox 360 controller gets completely fucked up if I have it plugged in when I turn my PC on. I have to have it unplugged, turn my PC on, then after it's all booted up and ready finally plug in my 360 controller.

It could be it. Will try tomorrow.

Nzyme32

HEdGej3.jpg

D8uV3kp.jpg

(I know nothing of Baby Metal and I haven't listened to anything of Rob Zombie but I find this funny)

The only problem with BabyMetal is that they do an injustice to the metal genre by having no knowledge or love for it. They are purely a Japanese "Idol Band" manufactured to exploit a particular market and set of people.

It's not exactly a bad thing. If you like the music, great. However as a fan of Metal it is sad to see the heavily manufactured stuff and little love for the actual writers and performing band that are behind the music itself, who are likely the ones that give a shit

Vibranium

Banned
Saw this wonderful gem in my Steam Library

"Recent News"

"Dino Crisis and Onimusha Not forgotten"

"2010"

IAQqqXW.png

eQftQCo.gif

At least Capcom isn't reviving Dino Crisis unless they find a good idea someday. Better than releasing an awful game that doesn't do it justice.

In other news, that North Korea thread in OT is an experience.

Bought that Arkham Knight bundle even though I just beat it on PS4 about a month ago, also grabbed Lords of the Fallen GOTY and the rest of the Dying Light DLC (The Following and those dumb skin packs).... too many games, too little time.

BorntoPlay

I've started to wonder if BundleStars has some sort of affiliation with WB. All of their games (Batman, Mortal Kombat, Shadow of Mordor, Scribblenauts, some LEGO stuff) are perpetually on sale there.

the same happens with nuuvem, always has WB sales....

The only problem with BabyMetal is that they do an injustice to the metal genre by having no knowledge or love for it. They are purely a Japanese "Idol Band" manufactured to exploit a particular market and set of people.

It's not exactly a bad thing. If you like the music, great. However as a fan of Metal it is sad to see the heavily manufactured stuff and little love for the actual writers and performing band that are behind the music itself, who are likely the ones that give a shit

That's the impression I get as well, wasn't expecting Rob to go out of his way to defend this, interesting.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I remember that one poster a few days ago basking in the newly revised Steam thread and how it was no longer garbage cause of shitposting. never forget

venomenon

Babymetal are great. I thought it would just be an oddity but I find myself listening to both of their albums on a regular basis. They could have passed on the Dragonforce influence on the 2nd album, though.
Their band is obviously skilled, but I think Su-metal (the lead vocalist) is actually a pretty good singer, especially live.

Nzyme32

I remember that one poster a few days ago basking in the newly revised Steam thread and how it was no longer garbage cause of shitposting. never forget

In fairness, this should be a one off and is mostly my fault. I have been overly bored and procrastinating today.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate any good?

Not even in the slightest.

Attempting to make the combat and movement of the 3D Arkham games into a side scroller leads you either to frustration or decided to just go the cheap "mash attack" route rather than ever really messing with any of the Bat-gadgets. There is no rhythm to it, no sense of "feeling like Batman, no discovery of how to best use items, no sense of stealth and take downs being visually interesting, it's just poor.

The "open" ended nature of it's world is so haphazardly made that getting from one area to another is neither fun nor interesting, and takes the worst aspects of Metroid or Iga Castlevania lessons to heart. Worse they make use of moving in and out of the background at times, but that only serves to make navigation more annoying at times.

It's story is the most forgettable of all Arkham games, and I'm including the mobile titles (fighting and base building ones) in this.

Despite my love for the other Arkham games, for Metroid like games, I highly recommend avoiding it. If you want a licensed side-scrolling with a superhero that is Metroid Like, look up the DS Spider-Man games instead.

Not even in the slightest.

Attempting to make the combat and movement of the 3D Arkham games into a side scroller leads you either to frustration or decided to just go the cheap "mash attack" route rather than ever really messing with any of the Bat-gadgets. There is no rhythm to it, no sense of "feeling like Batman, no discovery of how to best use items, no sense of stealth and take downs being visually interesting, it's just poor.

The "open" ended nature of it's world is so haphazardly made that getting from one area to another is neither fun nor interesting, and takes the worst aspects of Metroid or Iga Castlevania lessons to heart. Worse they make use of moving in and out of the background at times, but that only serves to make navigation more annoying at times.

It's story is the most forgettable of all Arkham games, and I'm including the mobile titles (fighting and base building ones) in this.

Despite my love for the other Arkham games, for Metroid like games, I highly recommend avoiding it. If you want a licensed side-scrolling with a superhero that is Metroid Like, look up the DS Spider-Man games instead.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. I was thinking about getting the Batman bundle at Bundlestars for the Origins Season Pass, but sounds like it's not really worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom