• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well do the games run on Steam? I heard some issues where some of the games can't boot up in full-screen, but I may have misread that or may be remembering it incorrectly.

The Space Quest games, the only ones I've tried so far, run through dosbox and are happy fullscreen. Alt-tabbing is good too.

Anyone know when the new King's Quest ep. is coming? Seems to be a nebulous coming soon without any news to find.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder if they are actually making money from those DLCs. How many are buying those overpriced DLCs and how much work is it required to make them?

From what I remember they have 7 million downloads of the F2P version and allegedly about 1 million buy stuff monthly or the equivalent of it on items. I think its no surprise they are not in a rush moving to DOA6 since DOA5LR has been going good money overall.

Grief.exe

Might have to get a PS4 next year for Persona 5 hrmmmmmm

Persona 5 is practically the only reason to get a PS4 for me

Atlus pls

It's also coming to PS3.

Let's be honest now, considering the long development time and Atlus owned by Sega it would be worth waiting to see if it coming to PC.

Grief, you forgot you had to do the DR OT until the last minute didn't you.

I'm on vacation, so had to throw one together.

How well do the games run on Steam? I heard some issues where some of the games can't boot up in full-screen, but I may have misread that or may be remembering it incorrectly.

You can run most of the Space Quest (not 6), Police Quest (not 4) and King's Quest (not 7) games through ScummVM and they work very well on that.

news_recore_hq_videos_-18364.jpg

ReCore HQ videos

Still looks bland. Either way, I'm waiting for this and Scalebound to get on Steam hopefully.

Hektor

Why you all lying.
Who went and hacked the steam page.

It was me, Dio.

I hacked their mainframe by bootlegging HTML Code into its primary cortex, forcing a total DHCP shutdown via SQL commands and reverse indexing script loader of their P2P-base network.

I could have never done this without the power of the ps4pro.

Jawmuncher

That's interesting though. I guess scalebound could happen along with Recore. I wonder what the specifics behind the scenes are.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's interesting though. I guess scalebound could happen along with Recore. I wonder what the specifics behind the scenes are.

Well, judging from Quantum Break's package history, work on the Steam version began only five-and-a-half weeks after the game released. I'd guess that Microsoft is open to the idea of Steam releases if virtually nobody is buying the games from the WinStore.

I suspect Microsoft is hoping that Halo 5's Forge thingo will cast a wide net and keep people within the ecosystem, but I strongly doubt the WinStore is going to gain any significant amount of traction for paid titles, especially now that Quantum Break has set a precedent, whether intentional or not.

mp1990

Banned
It was me, Dio.

I hacked their mainframe by bootlegging HTML Code into its primary cortex, forcing a total DHCP shutdown via SQL commands and reverse indexing script loader of their P2P-base network.

I could have never done this without the power of the ps4pro.
images

Jawmuncher

Well, judging from Quantum Break's package history, work on the Steam version began only five-and-a-half weeks after the game released. I'd guess that Microsoft is open to the idea of Steam releases if virtually nobody is buying the games from the WinStore.

I suspect Microsoft is hoping that Halo 5's Forge thingo will cast a wide net and keep people within the ecosystem, but I strongly doubt the WinStore is going to gain any significant amount of traction for paid titles, especially now that Quantum Break has set a precedent, whether intentional or not.

Does seem like the only market that Windows Store will have are people with PCs and Xbox Ones. Which is going to be a rather small demographic to aim at. The play anywhere stuff appeals to me. But not many here in the steam thread.

Backlogger

King's Quest Collection and Space Quest Collection aside, the classic games are literally the GOG versions, down to being DRM-free.

Yet I still gave into the urge to double dip for the Steam versions because reasons

Does seem like the only market that Windows Store will have are people with PCs and Xbox Ones. Which is going to be a rather small demographic to aim at. The play anywhere stuff appeals to me. But not many here in the steam thread.

Appeals to me as well. Of course I would rather the games just be on Steam and maybe some 3rd party games will eventually make it but if MS is going to push hard for their own PC store then the Play Anywhere feature is a great way to do it.

MUnited83

For you.
At least he delivered games which were actually good, despite missing some stuff like Camp Omega. A totally different thing from Peter...

Peter Molyneux released many many good games in the hay/day before he started sucking.

Kojima shit the bed with Peace Walker, then shit the bed with MGSV. I dont trust him to deliver on this, honestly.

Ludens

Banned
Peter Molyneux released many many good games in the hay/day before he started sucking.

Kojima shit the bed with Peace Walker, then shit the bed with MGSV. I dont trust him to deliver on this, honestly.
I know, I'm speaking about Fable age, not Black & White one or prior to that.
I also liked Fable titles, but they weren't what Pete promised, just a funny mix of farts and werewolves.

Phawx

Does this mean the end of Two Tribes? 🙁

Yea, just got an email from them:

RIVE is out! A Goodbye From Two Tribes!

RIVE Is Out! The Goodbye Present from Two Tribes!

It's here, RIVE is out on PlayStation 4 and Steam. It's also the end. Or a new beginning? Probably both!

If you read a bit of confusion in this opening message you're right, this is a confusing time for us at Two Tribes. First let's push the Release Trailer before we elaborate though!

The Elaboration
As usual we've been too busy with being late with everything to reflect on what's happened the last few months. We've moved from finalizing the game, to bugfixing, to Sony submissions to Gamescom/PAX Booths and now to the release of what is our last game ever. Now that RIVE releases on PlayStation 4 and Steam today, that time for reflection comes.

This morning, the realization set in that today truly marks the end of an era, and that a lot is riding on the success of RIVE. If it fails, it won't be because we didn't try. RIVE is the best we can do, it's what all of our actions these last years have lead to, to us it's perfect! We hope you enjoy the hell out of our baby!

The last 16 years of working on games, we have gained so much experience, met so many great people (you know who you are!), met the most amazing fans and have had the privilege being in charge of our own destiny. It's been a wonderful ride, with ups and downs as with any great roller coaster. This is it, RIVE is yours now and we can't wait to discover what's next!

RIVE PressKit
Need more info? The PressKit has all you need:

Cheers!

Collin van Ginkel & Martijn Reuvers

At least he delivered games which were actually good, despite missing some stuff like Camp Omega. A totally different thing from Peter...

It's as though DK doesn't even exist! Not a world I'd like to live in. Molyneux released some incredible games

People who hate MGS5 have something deeply wrong with them

MGSV is a deeply flawed game and probably my second least favourite numbered MGS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom