• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

b38rGUe.png

Hmmm

Are....are we allowed to do that?

Zeneric

Time to refrain myself from NeoGAF and play Euro Truck Simulator 2, the game that doesn't require gaming skills, just patience.

Monooboe

Ah couldn't resist getting Slime Rancher for 10€ from Humble and loving it thus far, the first ten minutes. Also it feels great to play with a Steam Controller, after feeling motion sick in The Long Dark I was worried it wouldn't really work for most games but ah with some tweaking I'm sure it will work just fine.

So any tips for Slime Rancher for someone starting out that I should keep in mind?

Monooboe

Other than motion sickness did you enjoy The Long Dark?

I haven't tried the story mode yet, but I really do like the survival mode, there is something about just trying to survive in "regular" world, like not expecting ghosts and stuff hiding in the shadows but instead being nervous when a pack of wolves follows one. I once died by bleeding to death in a car because the wolves were sitting outside waiting for me.:D

tbh this is one of the reasons i'm not running to buy 2 :p

feel pretty bad chopping up fish and cooking steak and shit even in a videogame
I haven't eaten meat in a few years but I was a line cook for a bit so I'm used to the preparation. Will buy vegetarian dish dlc :p

Plus I hate myself so looking at high resolution photos of food I can't eat is my scene. Parts Unknown 👍

Wok

I clicked on that thread complaining about Quiet being too hot in MGSV. Then this appears at the beginning of the OP:

gunfights feels realistic, 5.56mm actually hits like a 5.56mm, upon injured, enemies lie on the ground in pain and then bleed to death slowly, which is very very realistic if you have watched some surveillance footage of real life gun fights.

Where is that throw-up emoji?

Never step outside of the Steam thread.

zkylon

zkylewd
FQGtNWA.png

realistic

kind of getting bored of xcom

feels kind of easy atm and i also can't remember if i'm about to finish it or if there's like 20 more hours left and either situation would be disappointing heh

I haven't eaten meat in a few years but I was a line cook for a bit so I'm used to the preparation. Will buy vegetarian dish dlc :p

Plus I hate myself so looking at high resolution photos of food I can't eat is my scene. Parts Unknown 👍
i also hate myself but i express it in other ways :p

also when did u change ur name

I changed it more than a year ago I think, I realized I was uncomfortable with the fact that people I know in person or lived with could google my steam username and find all of my posts on neogaf lol. Which maybe implies I should improve my general quality of posting but probably not.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Played a bit of Raiders of the Broken Planet.

Its multiplayer aspect sure is...Off putting. Took a long while to get a multi player session, since there's only 66 people playing apparently. Didn't actually seem like there was much interaction between players at all? No complementary skills, no healing downed team mates, nada. You have a shared lives pool that once it depletes, you can't respawn for about a minute after which the pool refills. Presumably if you all die at once in that state it's game over.

Gunplay seemed kinda weighty. I had a character who only had a five shot clip, most enemies needed three to die. The melee/grapple system is based on awareness so if an enemy isn't facing you you can grapple them and instakill them. Enemies can do the same, and there was some elite dudes who could instakill you with a charging grapple. Grappling them is good since they take a lot of shots otherwise. You have a dodge too, as well as a character unique ability that can help. I had a jetpack.

There's some whole deck building system in there that seems to alter your stats but it didn't actually come up in any meaningful way during the match and I didn't really feel like diving into it since walls of "+50 to vitality" descriptions have started to make my eyes glaze over.

There's also a bunch of currencies and shit for unlocking better weapons, and buyable currencies for skins and rarities and blah blah blah grind fest.

I dunno. I really dig the artstyle and the cutscenes were okay. I was reminded of Bulletstorm. But there wasn't anything mechanically there to make me think "oh I want to try out those abilities, those seem cool" or moments of cooperation or adversity that stood out to me. I used a turret to murder a whole bunch of grunts at one point, and then nothing happened until more grunts showed up. That made the integrated shadowplay highlight reel.

I feel like you can throw this on the pile with Gigantic, Paladins, The Amazing Eternals, Destiny 2, and so many more co-op shooter moba things that require way too much playtime to too little content. I will mourn the timeline in which this could have been a profitable single player game.

hello mr movie theatre owner, I would like a refund my movie ticket because I already finished watching the movie.

You joke, but I work in a theater, and this happens all the time.

"I didn't like the movie and I want a refund."
Well, that showtime actually just ended, and we only give refunds within the first hour.
"But I didn't like it, it was a bad movie."
But... you watched the whole movie?
"Yeah, and?"
Well there's nothing I can do for you at this point, in the future come let us know before the movie ends, and we can swap your ticket out for another movie or give you a refund, time frame permitting.
Cue a hissy fit, then politely tell them to fuck off. Or one of the weak managers will cave and give them a pass to come back.

It's incredible how dense some people can be, but it's also fun to tell them off, so I'm sure everybody at Devolver is having a good laugh at it. I wonder if they replied...

Uzzy

I suppose it's about time I started this. Really nice look title screen, which shouldn't come as any surprise given it's by Supergiant. Doesn't beat the cold opening for Transistor though, but nothing really does.

Visual novel style? That's different. Neat way to let you choose the gender of your character too, keeping it ingame.

Now that's a hella nice name.

Don't ask me how, but after finally legally activating my Windows 7 version, my OS updated to Win 10 Pro. Which surprises me how easy it did this without my permission, but hey, at least it didn't format my C drive and all files and programs seems to be okay and work without reinstalling. Even free disk space remained exactly the same, what kind of wizardry is that? Okay, so main question now is what should i tweak in my system, maybe there is some good tools to optimize and clean Win10 that i should check out?

JarrodL

Don't ask me how, but after finally legally activating my Windows 7 version, my OS updated to Win 10 Pro. Which surprises me how easy it did this without my permission, but hey, at least it didn't format my C drive and all files and programs seems to be okay and work without reinstalling. Even free disk space remained exactly the same, what kind of wizardry is that? Okay, so main question now is what should i tweak in my system, maybe there is some good tools to optimize and clean Win10 that i should check out?

I use O&O ShutUp10 to disable a bunch of spyware and telemetry built into W10.

I suppose it's about time I started this. Really nice look title screen, which shouldn't come as any surprise given it's by Supergiant. Doesn't beat the cold opening for Transistor though, but nothing really does.

Visual novel style? That's different. Neat way to let you choose the gender of your character too, keeping it ingame.

Now that's a hella nice name.
I mean who didn’t choose that name?

Hektor

What's even the point in having magical armor if half an enemies individual unit turn is enough to take it away from your entire party

DOS2 kicks my ass A LOT more than the first one did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom