• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
This February get ready to play as everyone's fav. Dragonball Z underdog
800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

needs to be his KO pose

yuraya

DOS2 hit 53k concurrent peak. That is more than 2x the peak of the first game. So happy for Larian. One of the most creative and most talented devs today.

Also Steam will probably hit 15 million concurrent tomorrow. Or maybe even today.

PUBG is a beast!

Good. I'd rather live in a world with battle royals games as far as the eye can see than mobas
Seconded. I'm glad to see that an offshoot of a fun mod actually topped the charts for once. Was Dota's during a major event? And this is just a run of the mill Saturday for PUBG that's just snowballed?

Seconded. I'm glad to see that an offshoot of a fun mod actually topped the charts for once. Was Dota's during a major event? And this is just a run of the mill Saturday for PUBG that's just snowballed?

Imagine the numbers during a big weekend event with loot drops.

Are we looking at 2M CCU?

yuraya

Most impressive thing about the PUBG #s is that the game released 6 months ago. People bringing up Halo, COD and Destiny but those games didn't have those crazy peak #s 6 months after launch. The AAA stuff usually just peaks in like launch week and then fizzles out in no time. The Early Access model on Steam is breaking into a whole new wtf territory.

Grief.exe

Most impressive thing about the PUBG #s is that the game released 6 months ago. People bringing up Halo, COD and Destiny but those games didn't have those crazy peak #s 6 months after launch. The AAA stuff usually just peaks in like launch week and then fizzles out in no time. The Early Access model on Steam is breaking into a whole new wtf territory.

That's a really good point.

Pubg is amazing, most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since CSGO. I hope it leaves EA by the end of year just so I can vote for it as GOTY (and the ensuing salt from gaming side if it cracks the top as well).

Aaron D.

Time to refrain myself from NeoGAF and play Euro Truck Simulator 2, the game that doesn't require gaming skills, just patience.

So you opt out of backing up to the delivery bay I take it?

So any tips for Slime Rancher for someone starting out that I should keep in mind?

Honey Slime is a nice early game cash cow. Try and nab those ASAP.

Raise the walls of your pen and put a roof on them to keep your slimes in.

Try to unlock The Lab area in your first 5 or so hours of gameplay. It's just north of your house. There's a Workshop in there that gives you really nice tools and upgrades.

Enjoy!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it possible to have DSR enabled for 1 monitor but not the other, so I can add custom resolutions?

Jadax

Started up a new xcom 1 run. Totally forgot about the Thin Man toxic cloud. Got my main sniper and VIP killed because I was completely disregarding the green cloud I thought was just cosmetic. Ez game.

Unicorn

So what's up with Nier? Was gonna get it for a friend's bday because another friend said it was their GOTY but the Steam version is slammed for being a shit port.

Grief.exe

So what's up with Nier? Was gonna get it for a friend's bday because another friend said it was their GOTY but the Steam version is slammed for being a shit port.

There's two separate issues.

The main reason the game got review slammed on Steam is likely due to Chinese pricing decisions by Square.

I don't believe the port is as strong a word as garbage, but it is clearly rushed and Square has this far refused to pay Platinum to improve the game. I thought there was discussions by Square to release a port, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Time to refrain myself from NeoGAF and play Euro Truck Simulator 2, the game that doesn't require gaming skills, just patience.

Elite Dangerous is kind of the same way, unless you get into PVP aspects.

I turn the volume down, get some podcasts going, and explore the universe. Very cathartic.

Momentary

Banned

The game is demanding because of un-optimized effects, resolution not being shown correctly, AA not being applied correctly (but AO has an AA implementation already built in), and some super unstable framerate. All this can be fixed with the FAR mod.

There were also issues with NVIDIA graphics cards that NV fixed with a driver update. I don't know about AMD's side of the house.

It's a wonderful game and the fixes for it are easy enough to implement. It's a shame that this hasn't been rectified on by S-E.

Jadax

All this can be fixed with the FAR mod.

Isn't this the mod that has anti-piracy checks? And then when the author was called out on it he put up some bs defense?

Last I remember he was saying he's protecting himself, which apparently was bs since other modders have never complained of needing 'protection' such that they're forced to put in anti-piracy checks (e.g. our own Durante).

The story may have changed, I stopped following the threads after a while.

Lain

Looking at the latest shots uploaded on my Steam friendlist, I gotta admit a certain cat knows what's important to immortalize.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader 2 -- MB-BBFAD31F121EB357 - Taken by ctw0e
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-C80934374CCAEEF6 - Taken by fallout

Monooboe

Honey Slime is a nice early game cash cow. Try and nab those ASAP.

Raise the walls of your pen and put a roof on them to keep your slimes in.

Try to unlock The Lab area in your first 5 or so hours of gameplay. It's just north of your house. There's a Workshop in there that gives you really nice tools and upgrades.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips! I did unlock the two cheaper places first, thinking since they were cheaper that one is suposed to go there first. But will farm some honey slime now to unlock the lab!:D

tuxfool

Banned
Isn't this the mod that has anti-piracy checks? And then when the author was called out on it he put up some bs defense?

Last I remember he was saying he's protecting himself, which apparently was bs since other modders have never complained of needing 'protection' such that they're forced to put in anti-piracy checks (e.g. our own Durante).

The story may have changed, I stopped following the threads after a while.

He wants to protect himself because he intercepts private steam apis, and thus wanted to stay on the good side of Valve by not rocking the boat. Either way, one is entirely welcome to take the mod as-is, or compile their own from source (not to mention that Durante contributed to FAR fixes).

Wok

Bundlestars All Stars 9 Bundle - 1.49$
Of Orcs And Men
Monster Slayers
One More Dungeon
Good Robot
Shadow Blade: Reload
FORCED: Slightly Better Edition
Gryphon Knight Epic
Gray Matter
Zombie Vikings

I already own half of it, but 1.49$ is a really good price for Zombie Vikings and One More Dungeon alone.Bought

I have always wanted the first two.

Monster Slayers is a Dream Quest clone.

Edit: You know a game is good when it is bundled without trading cards.

iFcwJbb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom