• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

Banned
So cdkeys changed marvel vs causing infinite region from worldwide to Europe

Does that mean that since I'm from the US if I try to play the game I can potentially get banned?

I thought games a region free?

Wok

I have stripped the list of upcoming games to 5 games. Each is developed by a dev which I am confident can deliver a good game, based on their previous games and the pitch of their upcoming game.

2017:

2018:

Is there a tool or website or whatever to have a graphic view of your own steam games count growing in time?

It should be doable with Excel or Python and access to your account licenses.

It's about damn time I got some stuff on Bundle Stars. I had less duplicates in my library than expected, but still some remainders to give away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Agent Awesome -- MB-BDDD8C319871F26D - Taken by Purkake4
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-38B0DC611A7D26A4 - Taken by laserlaser
Commando Jack -- MB-A1057E83E19CFF43 - Taken by voodooray
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-E878FBCA1C9ACA26 - Taken by TheGreenArrow
Horizon Shift -- MB-100C64B3C03D2681 - Taken by Jalal
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-39A4DFB004066BF2 - Taken by Javier23
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-0EB8BA6BA82CBFA4 - Taken by sid2vicious
Litil Divil -- MB-0B988F6B9B0B5F50 - Taken by Orakio Rob
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-1872CAA3A8EB3A98
Platypus II -- MB-C8C8C0C40E9F33AC - Taken by titch
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-A4EC5647C5569BA5 - Taken by sadblob
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-9A9462E7E94A86E0
Shadow Blade: Reload -- MB-75DDAF63FFAED07F - Taken by abelasabel
Speed Kills -- MB-4DA012A66D97FFF1 - Taken by dot
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-9308C3713EE27B0C - Taken by sixteen-bit
The Culling Of The Cows -- MB-30F9DA0BD1190A0A - Taken by Mavromatis
xheRJRF.gif
Uriel's Chasm 2 -- MB-480BC1C10FDEEE20 - Taken by gaiadyne

Tizoc

So cdkeys changed marvel vs causing infinite region from worldwide to Europe

Does that mean that since I'm from the US if I try to play the game I can potentially get banned?

I thought games a region free?
Some games re region locked but in mvc's case it may be the key wont redeem in central eu countries but redeem fine in other regions

zkylon

zkylewd
I suppose it's about time I started this. Really nice look title screen, which shouldn't come as any surprise given it's by Supergiant. Doesn't beat the cold opening for Transistor though, but nothing really does.

Visual novel style? That's different. Neat way to let you choose the gender of your character too, keeping it ingame.

Now that's a hella nice name.
pyre looks gorgeous

Wok

Spare.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gray Matter -- MB-0DBF118BA9AD4342 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 3 entrants total.

t1505591821z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
It sure is. Just look at the colours on these overland maps! It's so bright and vibrant, like something out of a psychedelic fever dream in places.

yeah i kind of want to buy it but i disliked transistor a lot and been thinking about giving it a second shot for a long while, so i might do that first

illusionary

A spare from the recent promotion from Humble:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 -- MB-A5956A06FE0BD3F2

t1505603154z1.png

Monooboe

Been playing Slime Rancher pretty much all day, I do like it! Can't help but to draw parallels to Stardew Valley which I also really liked. Wish Slime Rancher had similar world building, in that there were other people to visit and talk to, life outside of one own ranch.

I am so tempted to start playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider but my heart and attention is still with Prey. I don't think that any game this year will surpass Prey for me.
Agree, Prey is amazing game and currently my GOTY, the only game that i could possibly see as other GOTY contender this year for me is new Wolfenstein. In the meantime, i keep playing Agents of Mayhem, and i really don't understand how Deep Silver managed to fuck up marketing so hard with this one. Seriously, how the fuck even promotional screens on store page for this game looks worse than it looks in reality. I mean, this is what i casually getting after 1 minute in Ansel:
Lackluster promotion of main gameplay features and far from great performance basically killed this game.

Real talk MGS4 is great when you're actually playing and not watching (except act 3 kinda sucks)

Konami are such fools for leaving it stuck in last gen, along with the HD collection.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Saints Row 3 soundtrack lead me to dubstep gun videos, which lead me to skrillex, and now im listening to dubstep again... in 2017.

shrg-1.gif

speaking of, was it Far Cry 3 or 4 that had the pot field mission with the skrillex/marley song playing?

Real talk MGS4 is great when you're actually playing and not watching (except act 3 kinda sucks)

Konami are such fools for leaving it stuck in last gen, along with the HD collection.

remind me what act 3 was again, is that the one when you're on the ship with a bunch of machines patrolling the area? cause if so i hated that part, i found it insanely difficult.

Nzyme32

I really didn't enjoy MGS4 at all. The ending was also hilariously never ending, and I needed to leave the house.

For me MGS3 and Peace Walker were good fun. Really enjoyed MGS V too. As games, with the exception of MGS4 I had good fun with all of them. As stories, they are all abysmal. As far as direction goes, there are good moments and then complete shit, eg the forever Kojima inspired leering camera man and pathetic female characters and designs, but that is part of the comedy for me. All of it just becomes one big joke while the games are good fun in-spite of that

Javier23

Banned
I really didn't enjoy MGS4 at all. The ending was also hilariously never ending, and I needed to leave the house.

For me MGS3 and Peace Walker were good fun. Really enjoyed MGS V too. As games, with the exception of MGS4 I had good fun with all of them. As stories, they are all abysmal. As far as direction goes, there are good moments and then complete shit, eg the forever Kojima inspired leering camera man and pathetic female characters and designs, but that is part of the comedy for me. All of it just becomes one big joke while the games are good fun in-spite of that
If you ask me, MGS to MGS3 is where it's at. Just flawless and great rides from beginning to end, all of them. Putting one's stance on the whole narrative aspect aside, that is. since it could indeed sour one on the whole experience if it's just not your thing. The MGS series hasn't reached quite the same heights since 3. MGS4 and MGSV are both severely flawed in certain areas while still being top notch in others. It's all been discussed to death already and my opinion is no different. I hated PW though. Like, I'm sure that as a portable game it was excellent, but I played the HD edition on a console and didn't enjoy it much.

The first three MGS games tho... Those can't come to Steam soon enough.

Lain

I loved MGS4 (except for some boss battles) but the parts where I wasn't playing (because the game was installing the next act) were some of the best. So much eggs cooking.

Nzyme32

If you ask me, MGS to MGS3 is where it's at. Just flawless and great rides from beginning to end, all of them. Putting one's stance on the whole narrative aspect aside, that is. since it could indeed sour one on the whole experience if it's just not your thing. The MGS series hasn't reached quite the same heights since 3. MGS4 and MGSV are both severely flawed in certain areas while still being top notch in others. It's all been discussed to death already and my opinion is no different. I hated PW though. Like, I'm sure that as a portable game it was excellent, but I played the HD edition on a console and didn't enjoy it much.

The first three MGS games tho... Those can't come to Steam soon enough.

Oh Yeah, I should mention I stopped playing MGS V after the first act or whatever. I immediately gave up on the game after that

Knurek

I'm getting kind of tired of Nier:Auto sidequests. The ratio of pointless wandering to story tidbits is kind of bad.
Is it safe to skip them or leave them for later playthroughs?

Ascheroth

I'm getting kind of tired of Nier:Auto sidequests. The ratio of pointless wandering to story tidbits is kind of bad.
Is it safe to skip them or leave them for later playthroughs?
You can do them whenever in theory, but some of them have some great foreshadowing or otherwise good payoff.
Here's a list of recommended ones.

remind me what act 3 was again, is that the one when you're on the ship with a bunch of machines patrolling the area? cause if so i hated that part, i found it insanely difficult.

the motorcycle part

I loved the part you're talking about :x

Also question about Divinity 2 co-op. Is it like the first game or can I bring my main character into a friend's game this time?

dex3108

Agree, Prey is amazing game and currently my GOTY, the only game that i could possibly see as other GOTY contender this year for me is new Wolfenstein. In the meantime, i keep playing Agents of Mayhem, and i really don't understand how Deep Silver managed to fuck up marketing so hard with this one. Seriously, how the fuck even promotional screens on store page for this game looks worse than it looks in reality. I mean, this is what i casually getting after 1 minute in Ansel:

Lackluster promotion of main gameplay features and far from great performance basically killed this game.

I am sure that Wolf will be great but I will also be linear. But there is something special about roaming around empty station and exploring it.

The second map of DOS2 is even bigger than the first one

arodheadflick.gif

This game is big

I wish I wasn't a fan of RPGs, they take me so damn long to finish.
After 5 months toiling away at P5 and Tits3 I told myself I'd focus on shorter games now and here I am playing Divinity 2.
Cold Steel 3 is supposed to be even longer than CS2, I wish they'd start to tone it down a bit. The time investment that is required from you just feels overwhelming when you have a busy life.

Endruen

After 5 months toiling away at P5 and Tits3 I told myself I'd focus on shorter games now and here I am playing Divinity 2.
Cold Steel 3 is supposed to be even longer than CS2, I wish they'd start to tone it down a bit. The time investment that is required from you just feels overwhelming when you have a busy life.

I agree with you. When I was a kid I remember wanting longer games because I'd finish them pretty quick. Now as an adult I want shorter games because I don't have the time, but my RPGs keep piling up

Sarcasm

the motorcycle part

I loved the part you're talking about :x

Also question about Divinity 2 co-op. Is it like the first game or can I bring my main character into a friend's game this time?

Its like the first one. You join their game and they assign characters.

That is unless you join during character creation.

Hektor

This is my list of active quests right now

JjCLOEy.jpg

And i haven't even explored half of the second map yet. :>

The more I've replayed MGS 4, the less I've tended to like it over time. I think the cutscene to gameplay ratio got to be too much even for me.

Then V went the complete other way, though the gameplay was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom