• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DJylbeuWAAAj8C9.jpg

is that sort osrt of mod or can you play as skeletons in OS2? :eek:

JarrodL

Huh? That's weird, because even the games you don't own show up.

It shows up, but there's no option to download - only to "buy" or "try for free", like other games I don't own.

It got replaced by the current version with all the dlc. You have to download from their website now. It sucks.
Oh. You mean I need to download the installer from under Games and Codes -> Download clients ? I saw that, but assumed it would download a trial version, since the list there includes installers for all blizzard games including those I never purchased.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How's the controller support for X-Com 2? Have a wrist sprain that makes using a mouse uncomfortable at the moment.

did they add that since launch? because it didnt come with controller support.

madjoki

It shows up, but there's no option to download - only to "buy" or "try for free", like other games I don't own.

Well, I bought SC2 few weeks back and had to "try for free", to download demo and only after actually starting it did recognize that I own full version.
At least I doesn't say it's demo anymore.

Phinor

I'm pretty sure I played it with a Steam controller at launch.

That's a special case. XCOM 2 didn't support gamepads on PC for the longest time. It does now though, and it plays pretty much as well with a gamepad as the previous game which is to say really well. However you can't use both kb+mouse and gamepad at the same time, so you can't for example play your turns with gamepad and then use keyboard for quicksave.

Also you (probably?) need a mouse to start the game because it has a launcher and it doesn't seem to respond to gamepad.

Parsnip

How's the controller support for X-Com 2? Have a wrist sprain that makes using a mouse uncomfortable at the moment.

They added regular xinput support to it after launch, I'm playing wotc with controller pretty much the same way as the previous game.
You might need to turn off the steam input stuff for the game for it to pickup your controller though, I had to. Assuming you have turned that on in the first place that is.
If I didn't it would just try to use a converted steam controller profile and I couldn't get it to behave like a regular gamepad. But that's an easy thing to do on per game basis.

Starting a non-handholding such as Divinity, I have this half-unreasonable anxiety about missing recruitable companions, even though this information is available somewhere on the internet.

Zeneric

Any monitoring tools like rivatuner to check my game is running the resolution I set it at?

When I need to see what screen res a game set it at I pay attention to steam's overlay (shift + tab), or MSI afterburner/rivatuner's overlay. The smaller the overlay is the bigger the screen res is.

It's already six years, time sure does fly.

pT3D1F2.gif

It's not showing on my account story but I believe I created it to get a free copy of Portal. My first purchase was The Witcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom