• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Pinball FX2 was taken down, which is understandable since Pinball FX3 is here to replace it.

However, all those tables that weren't making the transition to PFX3? Gone. I don't think Zen Studios mentioned those unsupported tables were also going to be delisted as well.

Newblade

It looks like Pinball FX2 was taken down, which is understandable since Pinball FX3 is here to replace it.

However, all those tables that weren't making the transition to PFX3? Gone. I don't think Zen Studios mentioned those unsupported tables were also going to be delisted as well.

It's only been taken off the store. If you had any DLC it should still appear in your library.

dex3108

I guess that Jase just needs confirmation that new AC Origins mode supports collectibles and he got his perfect Assassin's Creed game :D

Tizoc

Run pinball fx3 and your tables will be restored
Thats what i did

Momentary

Banned
Does this version of Killer Instinct include all the characters? I'm missing 2 on the UWP version. I'd rather spend the few extra bucks to get everything here.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Run pinball fx3 and your tables will be restored
Thats what i did

yeah, but not all made the jump over, so the tables that are not available in FX3 cant be purchased anymore and played with FX2... luckily the few I don't have are in FX3 too

NeoRaider

Does this version of Killer Instinct include all the characters? I'm missing 2 on the UWP version. I'd rather spend the few extra bucks to get everything here.

Yes it does. Everything (or almost everything) released so far. But all characters for sure.

JarrodL

Yes, it includes everything:
https://www.ultra-combo.com/ki-steam-qa/
Q: What's included in the Steam version of Killer Instinct?
A: Killer Instinct on Steam includes all seasons of KI – all 29 characters (including the newly released Eagle, plus Kilgore and Shin-Hisako remix characters), all 20 stages, all costumes, all colors, and all modes.

yeah, but not all made the jump over, so the tables that are not available in FX3 cant be purchased anymore and played with FX2... luckily the few I don't have are in FX3 too

Bingo.

Ms. Splosion Man, South Park, Plants vs Zombies tables, etc. didn't make the Pinball FX3 cut. I have them all but for those that thought they can still buy it post-Pinball FX3 release are now out of luck.

gngf123

Pro-tip: never enlarge steam screenshot thumbnails, you may not be ready for what you might see :p

f890bcdadd.jpg

That's one long, straight neck.

Jawmuncher

Bingo.

Ms. Splosion Man, South Park, Plants vs Zombies tables, etc. didn't make the Pinball FX3 cut. I have them all but for those that thought they can still buy it post-Pinball FX3 release are now out of luck.

Find it odd they couldn't get a lot of these back.
Guessing South Park is under Ubi now. But the rest seem odd unless those companies wanted like extra money or something.

• South Park Pinball 2 Table Pack
• Street Fighter Pinball
• Ninja Gaiden Pinball
• Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
• Ms. Splosion Man Pinball

Dec

I'm having weird issues that I think is probably Windows corruption.

Sometimes when I boot my computer weird shit happens, the windows log in screen was black today, but if I typed in my password and hit enter I got to my desktop.

Other things like artifacting on windows elements and random places. Sometimes accompanied by windows running extreeeeemely slow but with low hard ware usage.

When it happens I restart and it's usually gone and I have no issues for the entire day.

I guess I'll reinstall windows and see what happens.

So with the Assassin's Creed games finally having a good deal on Steam, I'm looking to pick up the newer ones. Looks like the best value is the bundle with Black Flag + Rogue + Unity + Syndicate, right?

Following up with that, any of the DLC worth it? The bundle only includes the standard versions, I think (no Gold editions), but the Gold editions are just the base game + season pass, right? It'd be the same deal to buy the bundle and buy individual DLC for the games, if I'm reading it correctly.

Most of the DLC looks like crappy "time saver" packs ('cause I want to buy a game to spend less time on it...) so does anyone have any input on what the "must have" or even "good" DLC packs are? Basically story packs or things that actually add value.

My current thinking is that it'd be best to get the bundle and buy the individual DLC items that are good, but without having played them (last entry I played was Black Flag) I have no idea how the current Ubisoft DLC situation is, and the way the packs are structured is pretty confusing.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Dead Guy

Hopefully I've done this right as this is the first time I'm using the system. Any of the codes don't work let me know.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dead Guy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition -- MB-223C7674C4BC89B2 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Oxenfree -- MB-96598AE74A06E40D - Taken by alr1ght
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-B22A2FD43EAEB9B8 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Grief.exe

Cook Serve Delicious 2 isn't reviewing well on Steam.

Apparently they removed some of the unlocking aspects of the recipes and players aren't receiving that well. It is difficult to sift through the noise of the Steam reviews.

DOS2 is now @ 95 on Metacritic.

That is 2 points higher than MGSV, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 and Persona 5. Only better game reviewed this gen is Zelda.

Hey Larian. You're pretty good
In before Mario blows up the charts

How embarrassed would Capcom be if Killer Instinct outsold Marvel?

I'm terribly sorry.

You might want to bring the issue up to SpikeChunsoft, if you're lucky they'll ban any and all sharing functions for their game on steam.

While NISA and Spike Chunsoft did say they want folks to give a heads up towards any spoilers, they don't care about streaming or sharing their game.

Hmmmm...a certain Japanese publisher should take notes about dealing with situations like this huh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So with the Assassin's Creed games finally having a good deal on Steam, I'm looking to pick up the newer ones. Looks like the best value is the bundle with Black Flag + Rogue + Unity + Syndicate, right?

Following up with that, any of the DLC worth it? The bundle only includes the standard versions, I think (no Gold editions), but the Gold editions are just the base game + season pass, right? It'd be the same deal to buy the bundle and buy individual DLC for the games, if I'm reading it correctly.

Most of the DLC looks like crappy "time saver" packs ('cause I want to buy a game to spend less time on it...) so does anyone have any input on what the "must have" or even "good" DLC packs are? Basically story packs or things that actually add value.

My current thinking is that it'd be best to get the bundle and buy the individual DLC items that are good, but without having played them (last entry I played was Black Flag) I have no idea how the current Ubisoft DLC situation is, and the way the packs are structured is pretty confusing.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Jack the Ripper DLC for Syndicate. It added a fresh twist on the gameplay and had some interesting missions as well as exploring some of the game's characters later in their lives. Obviously YMMV depending on how much you enjoy Assassin's Creed and Syndicate in particular. The rest of the Syndicate DLC is okay but not great - I don't know if I personally would pay an extra $6 for the season pass vs the Ripper DLC. The Last Maharajah is the only other story-based mission and it was pretty superfluous and not that great.

Black Flag's story DLC (Freedom Cry) is also available as a standalone expansion although it's a couple of bucks cheaper as DLC. It's pretty meaty and worthwhile.

Unity has a few extra missions in the "Secrets of the Revolution" pack, but it's not even on sale and honestly it's not worth paying extra for. Rogue has the Templar Legacy pack that adds a few new missions to the game, but it's kinda like Unity in that it's all just more of the same and isn't really worth the extra scratch.

Lanrutcon

Is it just me or is Divinity OS2 hard as hell?

Oh, yeah. But:

1. There's an easy difficulty.
2. The challenge disappears once you understand the game systems. I promise you, dropping to easy will make any sense of achievement disappear as you completely and utterly demolish anything in the last half of the game.
3. Consider your initial time with the game a learning experience. Figure shit out, rather than pushing forward all the time.

It's like Dark Souls. When you do finally figure out the means to kill those giant alligators, you'll feel like a goddamn hero.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Banner Saga 2 -- MB-B2039BEEFE0B3DDE - Taken by Lashley. 24 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-3D7AE66B9ADA45F9 - Taken by impliedsignificance. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-C28CD28650B6C600 - Taken by Dominican Power. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-B325B62A13B62961 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
Hand of Fate -- MB-7A5F024B9B653261 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 5 entrants total.
Heat Signature -- MB-ABE6FCD9533CF616 - Taken by TetraxShards. 40 entrants total.
Hollow Knight -- MB-39716354FA5BF57E - Taken by laserlaser. 49 entrants total.
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-5E158CB833C5E50C - Taken by bloke. 8 entrants total.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight -- MB-240E247B90BD11AD - Taken by Mixed2k. 22 entrants total.
Offworld Trading Company -- MB-C88D99A578F11BB3 - Taken by ctw0e. 4 entrants total.
Torchlight 2 -- MB-5F1FBBDE2373CB80 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 5 entrants total.

t1506553281z1.png

It's been a while. I haven't kept up with new releases so it's a nice to see the summaries at the beginning of the thread. I haven't had much time to do much gaming in the past year so I hope to get back into it with some spooky stuff next month. :)

Really pissed they removed all the Pinball FX2 DLC without warning. I was planning to buy some today and now I can't. Definitely doesn't make me want to give them money in the future.

Jawmuncher

It's been a while. I haven't kept up with new releases so it's a nice to see the summaries at the beginning of the thread. I haven't had much time to do much gaming in the past year so I hope to get back into it with some spooky stuff next month. :)

Oh my god. You're back from the dead!
I'm so happy you're back. I didn't ask but I was wondering what you've been up to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Good to have you back :)

Ibuki

Banned

Welcome back Winter! :)

Volimar

Slightly off topic but I'm trying to stay away from the OT so I don't get spoiled. You think Destiny 2 with the 10% off humble monthly discount ($54.99 for standard edition) is likely the best price I'll find for it?

Edit: Great, thanks Ibuki!

Oh, yeah. But:

1. There's an easy difficulty.
2. The challenge disappears once you understand the game systems. I promise you, dropping to easy will make any sense of achievement disappear as you completely and utterly demolish anything in the last half of the game.
3. Consider your initial time with the game a learning experience. Figure shit out, rather than pushing forward all the time.

It's like Dark Souls. When you do finally figure out the means to kill those giant alligators, you'll feel like a goddamn hero.

It also gets easier if you start over as a summoner and then get your summoning ability to level 10 as soon as possible.

Really pissed they removed all the Pinball FX2 DLC without warning. I was planning to buy some today and now I can't. Definitely doesn't make me want to give them money in the future.

Yup, that's why I posted it earlier. Zen Studios stated those tables would be incompatible with Pinball FX3. Cool and fine. They never said anything about delisting everything PFX2 related. I'm also missing the soccer tables of PFX2 but those were taking down before today.

titch

New Firefox Quantum is some good shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIywpvHewc0
Also fixed a session restore issue for me that was in introduced in some older version.
Sadly all non FF 57 compatible addons get deactivated by default now. You have to rely on devs to update those addons.

Almost all of my key add-ons are toast next month.

I've just moved over to chrome and although its not quite a neat and tidy as what i had with FF i've got a workable browser for how i want to use it.

Shame my work has chrome addon's blocked.

Tizoc

It is 2017 and I am using spoiler tags for a DuckTales cartoon.
*what a time to be alive.jpeg*

Ki makes me wish I was good at fighting games.
Fighting games and RTS are my name.

Do what I did years ago to get a hang of Garou MotW: Spend time in training mode.
No harm in spending time there, even an hour to get the hang of a character.

Rizzi

It is 2017 and I am using spoiler tags for a DuckTales cartoon.
*what a time to be alive.jpeg*

Do what I did years ago to get a hang of Garou MotW: Spend time in training mode.
No harm in spending time there, even an hour to get the hang of a character.

I've tried multiple times. None of it seems to stick in my brain. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom