• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone else signed up for the BGE2 space monkey email list? They sent out a survey regarding bge, bge2 and the space monkey program.

Here's a link if anyone else is interested.

They really announced that game early because of Vivendi, didn't they.

Interesting that Star Citizen and Sea of Thieves are the only two games they mention in regards to "What betas are you playing".

Parsnip

They really announced that game early because of Vivendi, didn't they.

Interesting that Star Citizen and Sea of Thieves are the only two games they mention in regards to "What betas are you playing".

They had PUBG in a Skull & Bones survey not too long ago. Well, something that sort of resembles it.

kvCwjII.png

That's almost a better name to be honest. :p

yuraya

In before Mario blows up the charts

How embarrassed would Capcom be if Killer Instinct outsold Marvel?

Oh ofc. The biased Nintendo gaming media and all the Mario fanboys are gonna push that game to the moon. If a boring and mediocre game like 3D world can get a 93 then Odyssey will be at least 95.

Jawmuncher

Did the survey. Though don’t know why I didn’t get it in my email. Basically just told them to make Mass Effeft but in the BG&E universe

Popstar

Finally got audio set up properly to use my projector with my PC. Goddamn HDMI EDID madness. (Thanks heavens for this post for the link to CRU).

Now to stare at my Kickstarter backlog to figure out what to play. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight or Rain World.

Village

They had PUBG in a Skull & Bones survey not too long ago. Well, something that sort of resembles it.

kvCwjII.png

That's almost a better name to be honest. :p

The Unknown battle grounds would have better. And the guy making the could call himself " the unknown" instead of " player unkown

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Jack the Ripper DLC for Syndicate. It added a fresh twist on the gameplay and had some interesting missions as well as exploring some of the game's characters later in their lives. Obviously YMMV depending on how much you enjoy Assassin's Creed and Syndicate in particular. The rest of the Syndicate DLC is okay but not great - I don't know if I personally would pay an extra $6 for the season pass vs the Ripper DLC. The Last Maharajah is the only other story-based mission and it was pretty superfluous and not that great.

Black Flag's story DLC (Freedom Cry) is also available as a standalone expansion although it's a couple of bucks cheaper as DLC. It's pretty meaty and worthwhile.

Unity has a few extra missions in the "Secrets of the Revolution" pack, but it's not even on sale and honestly it's not worth paying extra for. Rogue has the Templar Legacy pack that adds a few new missions to the game, but it's kinda like Unity in that it's all just more of the same and isn't really worth the extra scratch.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed write-up -- just what I was looking for!

So, it sounds like most of the DLC is pretty bad/lame. Seems like the best deal is just to buy the "good" DLCs separately and skip the season passes and "time saver" packs.

Thanks for the help, jshackles!

Finally got audio set up properly to use my projector with my PC. Goddamn HDMI EDID madness. (Thanks heavens for this post for the link to CRU).

Now to stare at my Kickstarter backlog to figure out what to play. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight or Rain World.

Hollow Knight absolutely shits on HLD from great heights. Don't even know what Rain World is and I read a lot of GAF so there's no chance it's as good as HK.

MUnited83

For you.

Rain World is a fucking amazing game, very underrated sadly. Although I'd wait since there's a pretty big update in the works.

Ohh yeah, kinda forgot about Rain World there after it dropped to little fanfare. I should pick that up. Gotta keep playin' RUINER though, that game's style is on point. I like that the bodies don't disappear.

Granjinha

I hope that with the success (apparently) of KI on Steam, MS puts more games on it. Halo Wars 2, Gears 4, Forza Horizon, ReCore. I would buy all of that in a heartbeat on Steam.

Phantom Dust HD is not paid but it would do a lot better on Steam, too.

Hollow Knight absolutely shits on HLD from great heights. Don't even know what Rain World is and I read a lot of GAF so there's no chance it's as good as HK.

Rain World is amazing. One of the best games this year, quite underrated because of its difficulty. I would wait for the huge update tho.

And HLD is great too, so yeah, he's good with whatever he chooses.

BHK3

Banned
So this is a problem I haven't had in a while but it's back now, at least in Hollow Knight. The game is stuttery, I don't want to turn on Vsync because of the input lag, fast sync in nvidia control panel does absolutely nothing. My frametime and framerate graphs in RTSS are perfectly flat. Turning RTSS off doesn't change anything either.

Popstar

Yeah, I'm going to start on Hollow Knight.

I've already waited this long on Hyper Light Drifter and Rain World I may as well wait for the update.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a little bit more of prey, it's alright, but i'm bummed that 13 hours in and i'm still only on the first special ability and still shooting guns against sort of humanoid enemies. i think the game works a lot better when it's being weird, it gave me a gliderpack thing and i just love jumping off third floors and boosting just at the last second to avoid fall damage, and i love whacking at random objects thinking it's gonna be a mimic, but whenever it's being "just a bioshock clone", it's just kind of a bit tedious

i kind of wish this game had borrowed more from bioshock infinite than bioshock 1

These are the games in this raffle (images link to Steam page):

Battlerite is currently early access buy-in only, but will go F2P soon. The Lite pack gives you 6 heroes and immediate access.

Gigantic is F2P. The starter pack comes with 8 heroes and some minor bits and bobs.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlerite Lite -- MB-383DE307D9F7215D - Taken by longlivegaming. 5 entrants total.
Battlerite Lite #2 -- MB-AC958F9D0AB0496C - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 5 entrants total.
Battlerite Lite #3 -- MB-7A4506FC1BCD54BF - Taken by Dominican Power. 5 entrants total.
Battlerite Lite #4 -- MB-5D232DA417B8013D - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Gigantic Starter Pack -- MB-AAA56279AC9E257B - Taken by TetraxShards. 10 entrants total.

t1506659183z1.png

The Gigantic key must be redeemed through Arc, which is the client that launches when you launch it through Steam (or not, you can only use Arc too).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Too early to port-beg Forza/Horizon on Steam?

I think it's safe to say Microsoft didn't develop a Steam <-> XBL network API just to continue being ultra-selective. The other shoe finally dropping isn't a matter of if but when.

I guess that Jase just needs confirmation that new AC Origins mode supports collectibles and he got his perfect Assassin's Creed game :D

Assassin's Creed: Yooka-Laylee Edition.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
played a little bit more of prey, it's alright, but i'm bummed that 13 hours in and i'm still only on the first special ability and still shooting guns against sort of humanoid enemies. i think the game works a lot better when it's being weird, it gave me a gliderpack thing and i just love jumping off third floors and boosting just at the last second to avoid fall damage, and i love whacking at random objects thinking it's gonna be a mimic, but whenever it's being "just a bioshock clone", it's just kind of a bit tedious

i kind of wish this game had borrowed more from bioshock infinite than bioshock 1

I'm a bit farther than you, and sorta feel the same way but I also think it's almost all my fault for being really thorough in my exploration--I get the feeling the game is actually open enough that you could speed run it in a single sitting, once you know how. But the exploration is also rewarding and interesting enough that I don't want to skip it, even if it means my initial playthrough is taking forever.

I don't think you'll miss much if you prioritize mainline story stuff for awhile and it'll get some interesting toys to play with, if that helps.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm a bit farther than you, and sorta feel the same way but I also think it's almost all my fault for being really thorough in my exploration--I get the feeling the game is actually open enough that you could speed run it in a single sitting, once you know how. But the exploration is also rewarding and interesting enough that I don't want to skip it, even if it means my initial playthrough is taking forever.

I don't think you'll miss much if you prioritize mainline story stuff for awhile and it'll get some interesting toys to play with, if that helps.
i haven't been super duper thorough but i've spent a good time exploring as i'm not confident i'll remember to visit these places back later

i think i'm gonna mainline story a bit tho, cos the lack of powers is really lame, at this point in bioshock you'd have at least half a dozen different powers on top of cool weapons and even some more variety in enemies too

it just feels like a much inferior bioshock game whenever it's not being weird, inventory management is annoying and kind of pointless (while bioshock was just like, hey, you can just have ALL THE GUNS!) and the goo spiders are fun but i hate fighting against the humanoid dudes or the robots because i have so few tools to deal with them other than trading hits and the occasional grenade

btw 13 hours i'm guessing is a bit of idle time i might've left it open. no way i've played 13 hours of this

sheaaaa

HLD and Hollow Knight are both absolutely fantastic, and I've heard good (if divisive) things about Rain World. Don't think you can go wrong any way here.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

I'd either go with Hollow or HLD - Rain World is fantastic but its being reworked atm as its not accessible enough. A lot of us have been discouraged by the difficulty.

Tizoc

Something tells me Redout might be part of the Monthly Humble soon.
Its DLC are on Humble now for one thing.

Gonna test wireless Bluetooth using my DS4 with Input Mapper. I really hope 2 controllers pair fine and I don't get terrible lag >_<

Wait, they've added Killer Instinct bundle with OST? Well fuck, I'm sold now, can't resist anymore. I didn't played KI much, but soundtack is fucking amazing, Mic Gordon is genius.

Also, i finished watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4 yesterday and holy shit. How is this possible? What kind of wizardry is that, how they've managed to make this show so awesome? That's an amazing jump in quality from season 1 to greatness of Ghost Rider. I hope Disney would keep it alive for more seasons

Deques

Wait, they've added Killer Instinct bundle with OST? Well fuck, I'm sold now, can't resist anymore. I didn't played KI much, but soundtack is fucking amazing, Mic Gordon is genius.

Also, i finished watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4 yesterday and holy shit. How is this possible? What kind of wizardry is that, how they've managed to make this show so awesome? That's an amazing jump in quality from season 1 to greatness of Ghost Rider. I hope Disney would keep it alive for more seasons

ABC tried to cancel the show, but Disney didn't approve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom