• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Here ya go, my duckies~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Akin Vol 2 -- MB-5255E78031C44B41 - Taken by Dangerblade. 3 entrants total.
Atomic 79 -- MB-6535F7D4CB2031C2 - Taken by abelasabel. 1 entrants total.
Ballway -- MB-9F999DA630274A56 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
ConcPerfect 2017 -- MB-A1515D3B929DF524 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Duo (Non-VR) -- MB-F496166FF3FA1EEE - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Earth Space Colonies -- MB-64F2062206F9051F - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Fairyland: Manuscript -- MB-16487F7EE843F52A - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Fruit Sudoku -- MB-B24D10C57229AF31 - Taken by Arthea. 3 entrants total.
Galaxy Annihilation -- MB-AD345720870AB9E3 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Gulu -- MB-4A339C0D78EC77DB - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
I'm Titanium -- MB-569A5A35174C2988 - Taken by sadblob. 4 entrants total.
ISEE -- MB-612696CACD344261 - Taken by Dangerblade. 2 entrants total.
Missile Cards -- MB-FF836BA422187DF2 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Pilam Sky -- MB-D9A88FAFA23919A4 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Plexus -- MB-F5EEA07574020FCA - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Shadow Bug -- MB-61EBA5CE48E24CDD - Taken by Booker.DeWitt. 2 entrants total.
Space Fuss -- MB-0F16EC4D34F8A9B4 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.

The Keep -- MB-119B9EDC1DB5A518 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 4 entrants total.
The Moon Night -- MB-C8929A568175E797 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Virus Crashers -- MB-79AC5C934BB53789 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.

t1504286793z1.png

AHA-Lambda

ok.....

the new LiS game mistakes uses the PS4 icons for my 360 controller.

Plus it mistakes A and B for B and X respectively.
Odd....

e90Mark

Guys, I'm building my first city in Cities: Skylines. New Copenhagen, and it's not going too well. I barely built anything and I already ran out of money and so I can't build anymore water pipes or electrical grid, so I guess that's that, and I have to start over with a new city, since I can't take a bank loan.

Do you have any beginner tips, for someone who ran out of money mere minutes into the game?

There's an OT for this game, but looking at that screen - I would just say start smaller.

When I first got this game I restarted lots of times definitely. There's no tutorials so you're learning as you go.

Pachimari

There's an OT for this game, but looking at that screen - I would just say start smaller.

When I first got this game I restarted lots of times definitely. There's no tutorials so you're learning as you go.
Yeah, I just asked in the console ot. I'll try and start over and build smaller.

Li Kao

I'm toying with the idea of playing Overcooked in local coop but... I'm using DS4Windows and only have one PS4 pad.
Does DS4W handle PS3 pads ?
Can DS4W coexist with an old 360 controller ?

No one with knowledge of exotic pad setup ?

Grief.exe

Guys, I'm building my first city in Cities: Skylines. New Copenhagen, and it's not going too well. I barely built anything and I already ran out of money and so I can't build anymore water pipes or electrical grid, so I guess that's that, and I have to start over with a new city, since I can't take a bank loan.

Do you have any beginner tips, for someone who ran out of money mere minutes into the game?

You can't design your perfect city from the start, you have to be inefficient in your early design to be efficient with the money you have.

Make your business/residential/commercial relatively concentrated, saving money on roads, pipes, etc. This also makes it easier for your services (schools, parks, fire, etc) to cover those areas later.

Pachimari

You can't design your perfect city from the start, you have to be inefficient in your early design to be efficient with the money you have.

Make your business/residential/commercial relatively concentrated, saving money on roads, pipes, etc. This also makes it easier for your services (schools, parks, fire, etc) to cover those areas later.
I'm gonna try this now. But I still have to build pipes from one end to the other since the water is at the other side of the entrance/exit to my city. I guess I can always bulldoze and change around things when my city grows and I earn for my budget.

Knurek

Thank you, maybe I'm paranoid but I didn't really want to mix scarlet and ds4windows. If the 360 pad works then it's settled.

I don't have an actual x360 pad, but I've used DS4 (with DS4Windows), WiiU Pro pad (with Mayflash adapter set to XInput) and Logitech F310 (in XInput mode) at the same time with no problems to speak of.

Grief.exe

I'm gonna try this now. But I still have to build pipes from one end to the other since the water is at the other side of the entrance/exit to my city. I guess I can always bulldoze and change around things when my city grows and I earn for my budget.

Here's my new town, New Manila. I went much smaller this time and got €30k+ left. Now I am just waiting for stuff to happen, since I am afraid of building and wasting money lol.

hJFTSe1.jpg

Pipes can stretch, roads can't. You will notice the latter is very expensive. You can always bulldoze later and make the city more efficient when you have more money.

Feel free to play around with the budget sliders in the early game as well, since your city is smaller you don't need 100% of your power plants output so drop that slider way down. If you start getting power outages, you can bump it back up and it will correct pretty quickly. If you hover over the power icon in the menus it will show how much power your city requires.

This is how I generally design my starter city, and reflects how real city designers would design an efficient city. You can actually start the 6 lane and 4 lane feeder roads as 2 lane since your city is smaller to save even more money, then easily upgrade down the line.

WRWHSQP.png

Pachimari

Pipes can stretch, roads can't. You will notice the latter is very expensive. You can always bulldoze later and make the city more efficient when you have more money.

Feel free to play around with the budget sliders in the early game as well, since your city is smaller you don't need 100% of your power plants output so drop that slider way down. If you start getting power outages, you can bump it back up and it will correct pretty quickly. If you hover over the power icon in the menus it will show how much power your city requires.

This is how I generally design my starter city, and reflects how real city designers would design an efficient city. You can actually start the 6 lane and 4 lane feeder roads as 2 lane since your city is smaller to save even more money, then easily upgrade down the line.

I'm gonna try and follow this example. Right now, everybody's dying because of polluted water I think. It's an apocalypse!

I wonder how I get rid of polluted water. If I should build more water drains pipes or pumping stations.

e90Mark

Here's my new town, New Manila. I went much smaller this time and got €30k+ left. Now I am just waiting for stuff to happen, since I am afraid of building and wasting money lol.

The nice thing is that you can do that with fast forward on.

I haven't been to Manila in about 6 years, speaking of.

Grief.exe

I'm gonna try and follow this example. Right now, everybody's dying because of polluted water I think. It's an apocalypse!

I wonder how I get rid of polluted water. If I should build more water drains pipes or pumping stations.

Be aware of what water your city is pumping in. If the current is bringing the sewage water from your sewage outlets into your intake, then you have a problem.

You have a bigger problem if you never built sewage outlets.

Less critical, but it's also good to have a decent space between industrial and residential since people don't like living next to all that pollution and noise.

Nabs

You can preorder Cuphead on Steam

$19.99 / $26.99 for the Deluxe (Game+OST). September 29.

It's also on Humble with the Monthly discount if you subscribe.

Tizoc

You can preorder Cuphead on Steam

$19.99 / $26.99 for the Deluxe (Game+OST). September 29.

It is on Humble too as well as GOG.
Let's see if other sites offer it for a tempting discount

EDIT: IF you're in Canada, consider getting it from GOG since they'd give you back the difference in price as GOG credit

Pachimari

Be aware of what water your city is pumping in. If the current is bringing the sewage water from your sewage outlets into your intake, then you have a problem.

You have a bigger problem if you never built sewage outlets.

Less critical, but it's also good to have a decent space between industrial and residential since people don't like living next to all that pollution and noise.
Yeah, I think I built the industrial site way too close to people's homes. I'm gonna bulldoze that and set up the industrial sites further away.

So it seems that it was a completely dumb move of me to let all the dirty water run out into the fresh water lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno, if they scaled it back and made it more focused, they could pull it off. It was the choices and story that made Alpha Protocol interesting.
i think voiceacting, dynamic camera work and cutscenes are integral to alpha protocol

i don't want an isometric old school rpg alpha protocol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Akin Vol 2 -- MB-5255E78031C44B41 - Taken by Dangerblade. 3 entrants total.
Atomic 79 -- MB-6535F7D4CB2031C2 - Taken by abelasabel. 1 entrants total.
Ballway -- MB-9F999DA630274A56 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
ConcPerfect 2017 -- MB-A1515D3B929DF524 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Duo (Non-VR) -- MB-F496166FF3FA1EEE - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Earth Space Colonies -- MB-64F2062206F9051F - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Fairyland: Manuscript -- MB-16487F7EE843F52A - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Fruit Sudoku -- MB-B24D10C57229AF31 - Taken by Arthea. 3 entrants total.
Galaxy Annihilation -- MB-AD345720870AB9E3 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Gulu -- MB-4A339C0D78EC77DB - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
I'm Titanium -- MB-569A5A35174C2988 - Taken by sadblob. 4 entrants total.
ISEE -- MB-612696CACD344261 - Taken by Dangerblade. 2 entrants total.
Missile Cards -- MB-FF836BA422187DF2 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Pilam Sky -- MB-D9A88FAFA23919A4 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Plexus -- MB-F5EEA07574020FCA - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Shadow Bug -- MB-61EBA5CE48E24CDD - Taken by Booker.DeWitt. 2 entrants total.
Space Fuss -- MB-0F16EC4D34F8A9B4 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
The Keep -- MB-119B9EDC1DB5A518 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 4 entrants total.
The Moon Night -- MB-C8929A568175E797 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Virus Crashers -- MB-79AC5C934BB53789 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.

t1504286793z1.png

Wok

And another Humble Original game, which got a word appended to its name to avoid giving Steam keys to Monthly subscribers...

Maybe it was not a Humble Original game, but a true Humble Monthly game. Oh, well, hopefully, the dev will answer on the forum...

2esSGo8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom