• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

WOOOOF those Raid impressions. Guess picking up Warhammer Vermintude from the Humble Bundle was the right choice. Should be fine until the sequel is out.

kagamin

Needs more exploding cars.

tenor.gif

So I've got over 440+ games on steam, over half of them I have no idea what the actual style/genre of gameplay is. I was wondering if anyone knew of site that let you filter your games list via genre/style specifically with your games list. I've got a hankering to play some strategy games but I'm spending too much time going to each individual store page. First world problems, I know.

Ascheroth

So I've got over 440+ games on steam, over half of them I have no idea what the actual style/genre of gameplay is. I was wondering if anyone knew of site that let you filter your games list via genre/style specifically with your games list. I've got a hankering to play some strategy games but I'm spending too much time going to each individual store page. First world problems, I know.
http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/
Have fun :)

http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/

Edit: Slower than GMG with pre-orders.

Uzzy

Obsidian’s CEO still wants to make Alpha Protocol 2.

“I think it’s Alpha Protocol,” Obsidian boss Feargus Urquhart told VG247 in a recent interview. “I would want to go back from everything that we learned and do that because I think there’s a lot that can be done. We had some really cool ideas for Alpha Protocol 2.”

We’d asked Urquhart which game from Obsidian’s past he’d particularly like to return to, and this was his final answer. That means, yes, Alpha Protocol beats out the likes of Fallout, Star Wars, South Park, Neverwinter Nights and others as the one game their boss-man would most like to make given the chance. I’m a bit of an Alpha Protocol devotee, as even though in many ways it is a deeply flawed and often average game, bubbling beneath the surface is something truly, brilliantly special.

“I think I’d want to do Alpha Protocol 2, particularly now that it’s almost like the game has sort of… I don’t want to say aged, because I mean it in a positive sense. It’s found what people love about it and what we love about it, and now I think we could express it differently fixing a lot of the things that weren’t maybe what they should’ve been,” Urquhart added – well aware of the original release’s flaws.

In answering this question Urquhart mused a few other projects Obsidian had worked on too, noting that he’d love to do another Fallout title and that he’s a particularly huge fan of Star Wars being a child of the seventies. One major contender was Planescape: Torment – a project Obsidian toyed with taking up before InExile Entertainment put out their crowdfunded 2017 spiritual successor to the game.

Li Kao

I'm toying with the idea of playing Overcooked in local coop but... I'm using DS4Windows and only have one PS4 pad.
Does DS4W handle PS3 pads ?
Can DS4W coexist with an old 360 controller ?

KainXVIII

First game was super junky stealth game with crappy gunplay and helicopter boss, but with some nice characters and dialogue system with real consequences (not TellTale's), not sure if i want sequel though..

New(?) short clip of FF15 PC 4K super ultimate quality edition for the Windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-VvWtmY4YE

Dat grass, dat fur.
Where is mah 60 fps? 😂

Monooboe

Ugh the wait for the Steam controller is going to be a pain isn't it, 8 day shipping. But I do love waiting for stuff in the mail.

Also anyone tried to use the Steam controller for example in Photoshop or something like that?

Xater

Ugh the wait for the Steam controller is going to be a pain isn't it, 8 day shipping. But I do love waiting for stuff in the mail.

Also anyone tried to use the Steam controller for example in Photoshop or something like that?

Local Gamestop also has them on sale and it's cheaper than with Valve's shipping and handling. Gonna pick one up there.

Parsnip

Keep in mind that occasionally mods tend to delete the offending and relating posts, so looking at Durante's post history may or may not reveal why he was banned at all.

And also it has been known to happen that people get banned for mild shit if they catch a mod on a bad day.

Maybe he'll elaborate on twitter, though he doesn't really use it.

Pachimari

I ordered a Steam Link from the Steam store yesterday, so I guess I'll get to use my Steam controller more. Can I use other controllers with the Steam Link? Like an Xbox One Elite or Dual Shock 4 controller?

Wok

I guess he banned himself?

This is what I think too.

mfHYB6W.png

He must have read this and said "I'm out".

I would like to add that after reading that post a few times, I think that it was written by an AI, but not the most advanced AI as it is hard to understand the meaning of the post.

Edit: Found it.

So, admittedly something of a weird question to a PC crowd, but is there any way I can disable anti-aliasing on a game from a driver level? Quake Champions forces some anti-aliasing in its video settings regardless of quality, and so I'm looking to disable that through the Nvidia control panel or through Nvidia Profile Inspector, but either way it seems my options for forcing anti-aliasing requires some form of anti-aliasing, with no option to outright disable it. Anything I can do there?

Aaron D.

Sooo...that new XCOM DLC.

Test-drove it last night and here's the results.

Vanilla XCOM 2 - Low graphic settings, 20fps average (in game), 20-30 second load screens.
WotC XCOM 2 - Medium graphic settings, 50fps average, 5 or so second loading.

Same hardware config.

A year and a half later the game is finally playable on my hardware.

More than anything I'm SUPER excited to play the first campaign proper from my pre-order copy.

But man, that $40 Optimization Tax. LOL.

Maybe I should spearhead a Review-Bombing Campaign against Firaxis for charging XCOM 2 owners an extra $40 for stability fixes that should have been in the base game to start with!
That's me poking fun at myself, btw.

Still though, no regrets. I'm so happy the game finally runs just as well as the first XCOM reboot.

Lain

Keep in mind that occasionally mods tend to delete the offending and relating posts, so looking at Durante's post history may or may not reveal why he was banned at all.

And also it has been known to happen that people get banned for mild shit if they catch a mod on a bad day.

Maybe he'll elaborate on twitter, though he doesn't really use it.

While that's true, I have a hard time imagining Durante losing his cool in a way as to net himself a ban, so I'm gonna go with self request to take time away from the board.

Xater

Sooo...that new XCOM DLC.

Test-drove it last night and here's the results.

Vanilla XCOM 2 - Low graphic settings, 20fps average (in game), 20-30 second load screens.
WotC XCOM 2 - Medium graphic settings, 50fps average, 5 or so second loading.

Same hardware config.

A year and a half later the game is finally playable on my hardware.

More than anything I'm SUPER excited to play the first campaign proper from my pre-order copy.

But man, that $40 Optimization Tax. LOL.

Maybe I should spearhead a Review-Bombing Campaign against Firaxis for charging XCOM 2 owners an extra $40 for stability fixes that should have been in the base game to start with!
That's me poking fun at myself, btw.

Still though, no regrets. I'm so happy the game finally runs just as well as the first XCOM reboot.

The shit they are pulling with the optimization is disgusting. They are lucky the content of the expansion is as good as it is.

I ordered a Steam Link from the Steam store yesterday, so I guess I'll get to use my Steam controller more. Can I use other controllers with the Steam Link? Like an Xbox One Elite or Dual Shock 4 controller?

Yep.

And congrats. Love my Steam Link.

EDIT:

The next big sale is the winter sale later this year right?
I mean the Halloween sale will probably just be horror themed, and then there's Black Friday with limited games (?)

Black Friday is usually a good sale, but Winter is the next "big" sale, with the gimmicks and all.

Pachimari

I mean the Halloween sale will probably just be horror themed, and then there's Black Friday with limited games (?)

Yep.

And congrats. Love my Steam Link.
Oh, I didn't expect to be able to use other controllers. That's nice.
I already have my PC connected to my HDTV through HDMI but it can be a cumbersome experience when going full screen, stuff moving around on my monitors. I hope the Link can make it more simple for me.

Monooboe

Local Gamestop also has them on sale and it's cheaper than with Valve's shipping and handling. Gonna pick one up there.

Yeah the shipping was a bit more than I expected, 20€... but still got it. Either way, cheaper than getting a new Xbox One controller.

Vlad

Yeah, the Summer and Winter sales are always the biggest two every year.

Parsnip

While that's true, I have a hard time imagining Durante losing his cool in a way as to net himself a ban, so I'm gonna go with self request to take time away from the board.

It's possible, but people have gotten bans for really weak stuff in the past. That one time Grief was banned was really weird for example.

Also once when someone did some bad gaf detective work, posted their bad finding here, got banned and anyone who quoted that post was also banned. Except Jawmuncher for some reason if I remember right? Someone probably thought that he suffers more than enough already because of DIno Crisis.

Aaron D.

It's possible, but people have gotten bans for really weak stuff in the past. That one time Grief was banned was really weird for example.

My one and only ban came from using the term "Drivecult" in some Racing Game thread when the fevered evangelization for that polarizing game Driveclub (PS4) was at its peak.

The weirdest part is I was only repeating a term that I'd read several times before on that very same board.

Guess you don't mess with console exclusives.

Yakuza AMA on Reddit on Sep. 8th

Do your part SteamGAF and harass them to bring this series to Steam
and GOG
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426784

I wouldn't risk myself getting harassed by some Sony fanboys by asking such question.

I thought Durante's last outing was in the paid mods thread.

Now that I remember it. There was that AMD thread made by thelastword and Durante was kinda aggresive out of the blue there. Not that I disagree with him, it was just surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom