• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Sakuragame now tries to publish "normal" chinese VNs besides his own games and japanese hentai games:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/668630/Tricolour_Lovestory/

R6x-pJE48r2YsqxzPZNYsGkEpBA=.gif

EDIT: Don't know why my Sunless Skies key was in my spam folder.

MUnited83

For you.
The Grimoire dude is probably cursing those sales, and by that i mean he thinks it sold way too much. Can you imagine so many low IQ philistines buying the game and enjoying it? What a horrible thing

dex3108

Some sales numbers from August. New games only. Lt me know if I missed any.

Great/Good
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 165,453 ± 13,789
The Escapists 2 - 160,348 ± 13,575
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - 98,791 ±10,656 (still very early)
Sonic Mania - 97,590 ± 10,591 (still very early)
Absolver - 93,687 ± 10,377 (still very early)
West of Loathing - 68,163 ± 8,851
F1 2017 - 64,560 ± 8,614
LawBreakers - 63,659 ± 8,554

Decent
Quake Champions - 39,036 ± 6,698
Agents of Mayhem - 36,934 ± 6,516
>observer_ - 28,827 ± 5,756
Nidhogg 2 - 21,019 ± 4,915
Distrust - 20,719 ± 4,880
Cat Quest - 17,416 ± 4,474
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - 17,416 ± 4,474
Rez Infinite - 12,011 ± 3,716
Tacoma - 12,612 ± 3,807

Bad/Bomba
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 / 2 - 7,807 ± 2,995
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar - 5,405 ± 2,492
Evil Genome - 5,405 ± 2,492
Fidel Dungeon Rescue - 5,105 ± 2,422
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2 - 3,904 ± 2,118
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM - 3,603 ± 2,035

Too early to tell
Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder - 8,107 ± 3,053
Sunless Skies - 5,903 ± 3,205
Ys SEVEN - 3,303 ± 1,948

Last month Too early to tell, updated
Citadel: Forged with Fire - 95,188 ± 10,460
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - 172,359 ± 14,074
Foxhole - 132,723 ± 12,350
Sundered - 19,818 ± 4,773

I wouldn't say that those are decent numbers for Agents of Mayhem.

Wok

The Grimoire dude is probably cursing those sales, and by that i mean he thinks it sold way too much. Can you imagine so many low IQ philistines buying the game and enjoying it? What a horrible thing

To be fair, I think some of the buyers are game collectors who bet that the game will be removed from the store after Cleve gets mad at someone on the forums.

So how many players out of these 5.4 K buyers?

Edit: Okay, I'm wrong. lol

HpVvaK5.png

Edit²: Or am I? 40% of the players have played for less than 2 hours. And Chinese players own the game, but don't play it.

sF6h9dv.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-0B8692F6DEA6A441 - Taken by abelasabel
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 -- MB-3C2464E1CB5B72AA - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

Aaron D.

Some sales numbers from August. New games only. Lt me know if I missed any.

Great/Good
West of Loathing - 68,163 ± 8,851

Last month Too early to tell, updated
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - 172,359 ± 14,074

So happy for these two titles.

Loathing does have an underground pedigree but it looks like a hard sell on the surface.

CMS18 had a rocky launch but the devs busted their butts to patch it up quickly. Great game now.

Tagyhag

Wow the Naruto numbers are very surprising.

I assume it's because they released with zero marketing. I didn't even know they had released until I randomly looked into the new releases.

Wow the Naruto numbers are very surprising.

I assume it's because they released with zero marketing. I didn't even know they had released until I randomly looked into the new releases.

They were released without any warning. Same for One Piece Unlimited World Red. But I suspect they'll get high bump during sales.

ModBot said:
Instructions for FeedMeAStrayCat:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FeedMeAStrayCat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Canyon Capers -- MB-FA749906DC4B56DB
Chaos Domain -- MB-2635AB3ED1CEA86D
Duo -- MB-070831908F06D3AF - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.
Human Fall Flat -- MB-DAC742489A6004AD - Taken by rostocker. 8 entrants total.
Lost Moon -- MB-836F10A39F4CAE50
Lost in Woods 2 -- MB-ED33E86B1FCBDDD2
Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-A3AAA158D409045A
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-9415F51464ADF689 - Taken by Orakio Rob. 2 entrants total.
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-71B645F6D4897D7B
Sleengster -- MB-F9C434E8496B950B
Space Farmers -- MB-C9FFC1FBCB3270A8
Space Pilgrim Episode I: Alpha Centauri -- MB-1544117563057138 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
TAIKU MANSION -- MB-70CA383B99CBC569
The Spirit Underneath -- MB-884A70EA60659101
Trolley Gold -- MB-F0B6FA482F8CB5CE - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-36481B51B1144806
Vicky Saves the Big Dumb World -- MB-DB58A871F8797E52 - Taken by sadblob. 3 entrants total.
Vindictive Drive -- MB-84FBE6AFD10E42B9
Wordlase -- MB-D34CC2E43F804AC7 - Taken by Pachimari. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Daily Chthonicle Editor's Edition failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Westerado failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1504376411z1.png

EXTRA EXTRAAAAAAAA
The Duo listed here is incorrect, this key is for a different, NON-VR game.

Ys 7 flopping is expected. It's the worst Ys game, it's old as fuck, it's ugly as fuck and 8 is coming out in like 3 weeks.

Who thought it was a good idea to release 7 a couple weeks before 8? That's all I wanna know.

Jawmuncher

Ys 7 flopping is expected. It's the worst Ys game, it's old as fuck, it's ugly as fuck and 8 is coming out in like 3 weeks.

Who thought it was a good idea to release 7 a couple weeks before 8? That's all I wanna know.

The $25 price even with a discount didn't help either.

Wok

Why just the June bundle? The Trove is available to all current subscribers.

Trove does not give right to Steam keys. Otherwise, people would just sub for one month and get all the keys since the start of the Monthly, which would make it impossible to sell these games.

Even owning a Monthly does not automatically give right to a Steam key for the Original game, since devs like to release their Original game on Steam after appending a word or two to the title of the game.

yuraya

Wow Steam hit 14.4 million concurrent users today O_O

PUBG doing work. I wonder if it gets to 15 b4 the end of the year.

Ascheroth

8 is coming in 10 days.
So far I'm liking 7 quite a bit, but it's undoubtedly a very hard sell.

anyone having bundle stars problems? I just shrugged it off when my paypal and card orders wouldn't work for Sonic Mania before release but now i can't buy the dollar jumbo and hidden gems bundles now either my card keeps getting declined and paypal now gives me this message "
Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

anyone know how to go about this? I've used this site for years with no problems.

Mivey

It's really to early to tell. It could still go way up, and reach 10K. Furthermore, with such low numbers it's also not a good idea to take the Steamspy numbers literally. It's literally polling among hundreds of millions of users for a relatively niche game that realistically won't reach 100K until at best a year later, like all the other Ys games. Napisthim still hasn't reached that goal.

So I wouldn't assume it's flopped quite yet.
On the other hand, XSEED should focus on getting these games to a larger audience to justify the translation and porting costs. I don't understand why they are not releasing PS4 ports. Also for the Trails in the Sky games. I wouldn't play them there, but if it makes future localizations more viable, just go for it.

No I got that already I meant if should give up hope of a PC port of Celceta and get it in the current PSN sale

While the sales are pretty meh so far it's going to have long legs on Steam like all the other niche titles i'd still expect Celceta at some point it very well might be awhile though so maybe you should get it then get it on Steam during a sale? it's good but not like Seven good.

While the sales are pretty meh so far it's going to have long legs on Steam like all the other niche titles i'd still expect Celceta at some point it very well might be awhile though so maybe you should get it then get it on Steam during a sale? it's good but not like Seven good.

This is what I feel is expected of these ports, not sure why people always make a big deal of the release sale numbers on these old titles. Also, the President of Falcom himself said he would like to see all their titles on Steam eventually so I imagine a PC port of Celceta isn't too far fetched.

Trove does not give right to Steam keys. Otherwise, people would just sub for one month and get all the keys since the start of the Monthly, which would make it impossible to sell these games.

Even owning a Monthly does not automatically give right to a Steam key for the Original game, since devs like to release their Original game on Steam after appending a word or two to the title of the game.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom