• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Misquoting Michael Scott, hella neat.

vCJLE9r.png

can't imagine playing lis with chloe sounding like someone else

It's fine so far. It's obviously sad that Ashly Burch couldn't voice the role, but the new voice actress is fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
According to SteamDB it was $39.99/36.99€ at first and got a price drop last July

thought so, much better now neat.

Also, found this funny, from the 40k Inquisitor Martyr page:

Before buying, please keep this in mind: Steam Early Access is for people who are willing to try an incomplete and unpolished game to help developers with feedback. If you're looking for a complete experience, please wait until the full release. You won't gain any advantage by buying early - Early Access doesn't provide an advantage in character progression, nor is it cheaper than the full game. All characters start with a clean slate with the full release, and there will be plenty of sales after release if you'd like a discount.

dat honesty at the end :p

game is getting good reviews so far so hopefully it continues to improve for the final release, whenever that is.

I just can't...

Watch the whole youtube. Now I'll be the first to admit I'm bad at video games. A lot of games will take me longer than the average person. Frustration platformers like Super Meat Boy, You Have to Win the Game and Squirreltopia? Forget about it.

And yet, even I'd be able to process basic platforming better than this. There are times you're watching this and you think "Ho ho, he's finally learning," only for him to walk into other enemies and you realize that no, he's not learning, it was just blind luck.

Watching him switch to the spread gun halfway through, and stick with it whenever he remembered to do so, is especially sad.

Do I expect a reviewer to be an expert who can clear bullet hells in one life? No, clearly not. Do I expect him to have sufficient skill to clear the first level of a game in half an hour so he can see more of the game and form a clear opinion? Well, yes. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Coreda

Do I expect a reviewer to be an expert who can clear bullet hells in one life? No, clearly not. Do I expect him to have sufficient skill to clear the first level of a game in half an hour so he can see more of the game and form a clear opinion? Well, yes. I don't think that's too much to ask.

From looking at his VentureBeat page I had thought earlier in the thread he longer reviewed games and just covered industry news type of things, but then I found the second page and turns out yeah, he actually does still review games. Anyway, at least it can be an amusing reference for future topics.

Anno

Not feeling particularly optimistic about Swery's new game being successfully Figstarted.

And that's with the investor terms looking better than most games.

AHA-Lambda

Not feeling particularly optimistic about Swery's new game being successfully Figstarted.

And that's with the investor terms looking better than most games.

Yeah I'm not hopeful ;_;
Sadly though it must be said, it's a pretty bad trailer to use :/

Yeah that tabletop sequence is surprisingly great :D

And ~80% of people stuck around to play it. Really neat addition to the game.

One of the choices I made really bothered me when I saw the final stats page. Should have done something different.

I'm really glad Life is Strange is back.

Uzzy

Half way through this first episode, and I have to say, I think the devs nailed it. I was rather worried about the game before launch, with new devs and no Ashly Burch, but it's delivering so far. The tone and dialogue is just right, and spending an hour walking around the courtyard of Blackwell Academy again was wonderful. Hopefully the rest of the series delivers.

Great music too!

being an edgy/angsty teenager and a dick is so appropriate in LiS before the storm

Sure is. I usually feel bad for picking them, but it's Chloe, so it's perfect for her. What's the stupidest, most self-destructive option to take? Take that one.

zkylon

zkylewd
2hgk1sI.png

they spent so long on homicide building up to that last case that would make it all clear and then it's just some guy from some case i don't even remember lol

and that's all la noire cared about that case, all those innocents are gonna go free cos the police is corrupt but well intentioned, and idk, let's change the subject shall we...

turns out there's also vice in la noire, which is kind of disappointing since this game is way too fucking long for its own good already

i guess i forgot about that subplot that only happens inside of newspapers but there's an evil psychiatrist and a mobster and i'm guessing i'm gonna take them down next

i feel this narrative structure of getting promoted and going into different departments (or whatever) has a lot of potential, but they really fumble it by actually making all the damn departments be the exact same. there's always murders that you solve by rotating objects until your controller vibrates and by fucking up interrogations cos the answers are all fucked. like with vice you could have like an informants mechanic, or setting up a big bust on shippments or idk, something

anyways, i hope vice is shorter than homicide, i want to see it through but i want it to end sooner rather than later

I can't find those damn bottles

don't worry they manage to top that terrible section in episode 5

Pixieking

Banned
Looks like you have an awesome game to finish.

Seriously, it's a very divisive game. I absolutely hated LiS. It's cliche, the script is bad, the rewinding time mechanic takes the absolute piss at the end of one chapter and towards the end of the game, and Max and Chloe are just hateful people.

The only game I've ever been tempted to have removed from my Steam account.

So, yeah, no... It's not a game for everyone, and that's fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think lis is a bad game, i kind of like it, but the way ppl collectively lose their minds over it is kind of weird since half of what's endearing about that game for me is how clumsily put together it is, which i guess is fitting for the whole emotional teenager aesthetic

it's kind of like a game that deserves to be applauded for trying but also very much isn't up to the task of most of what it sets to explore

yeah episode 5 is uhhh creative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom