• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I suspect so. I beat it only doing a few.

If your worried about the game being too time consuming though another thing to worry about is you have to unlock some story missions by liberating a certain number of areas on the map which can take some time.

Yeah, sadly I noticed that. I really hope to finish it quickly, playing it on PS4 is a pain.

Aaron D.

Man, that new Fresh Start tool added in the last Win10 Creators update is GOLDEN.

Did a Windows refresh this weekend and said goodbye to all the hidden junk on my PC.

EDIT:

Is West of Loathing any good?

Absolutely fantastic.

Best game writing in forever in one of the toughest disciplines (humor) that so few seem able to pull off.

Really fresh presentation as well.

Sendou

Finished Clannad. It's as long as people said. Some touching scenes and also very funny writing at times. Although I feel like the scenes that would probably affect most people didn't for me the same way?

Started The Witness and this game is making me get stuck on every puzzle right now...

Finished Clannad. It's as long as people said. Some touching scenes and also very funny writing at times. Although I feel like the scenes that would probably affect most people didn't for me the same way?

Started The Witness and this game is making me get stuck on every puzzle right now...

Clannad really feels outdated nowadays imo. While it was good in 2004/2005 about those scenes, newer VNs did it far better.

Knurek

Goodbye G-Sync, I'm stuck with 24'' 1080p60 monitor for the next week or so.
I'm already missing it so, so much. That judder in the Unity titles certainly wasn't as noticeable before

Ladekabel

I'm playing the Steam edition of Dragon Age: Origins UE. If I ever decide to play Dragon Age 2 would I be able to import my save file? DA2 is Origin only and a friend said he couldn't import his save from Mass Effect 2 which he had on Steam to Mass effect 3 on Origin.

Spent quite a few hours in the evenings during my vacation playing Massive Chalice, while have the feeling of needing to play more Invisible Inc and Civ 6.

Then I come home, and XCOM2: War of the Chosen drops.

And now that I'm in the middle of that, hype is starting to ramp up Divinity: Original Sin 2.

So much turnbased goodies to play. Love it.

How's Massive Chalice? I remember being super pumped when it was being made, but then it seemed to have a lackluster reception when it was finally released. SRPGs are my jam...curious to hear how it appeals to a fellow fan of the genre.

kionedrik

I'm playing the Steam edition of Dragon Age: Origins UE. If I ever decide to play Dragon Age 2 would I be able to import my save file? DA2 is Origin only and a friend said he couldn't import his save from Mass Effect 2 which he had on Steam to Mass effect 3 on Origin.

Honestly, don't even bother with any DA besides the first one.

How's Massive Chalice? I remember being super pumped when it was being made, but then it seemed to have a lackluster reception when it was finally released. SRPGs are my jam...curious to hear how it appeals to a fellow fan of the genre.

I played it a month or two ago. The management part is very light and can be summed up as "who do you want to marry to each other?" as that boils down to what class you want the offspring to be. The tactical combat was super satisfying, the skills felt super impactful and the whole thing is colorful. Overall I enjoyed my time with it.

Anyone have been playing / played Hitman 2016? I can't stop gushing about this game. Since I have built my rig in early August, I have been slowly playing Paris level again and again, trying for the slickest kill. Although I have already poured 20 hours into the level alone, I can still hear new dialogues and find new ways to kill. For example, I heard one of the spy of IAGO talks about the Church of Ascendance. I wonder if this cult will appear later in the game? These foreshadowing, background stories, insanely good levels and total freedom in assassination are blowing me away.

Such a great game welcoming me into PC gaming. Jesus Christ.

NeoRaider

Ok, that was... AMAZING!

37043723865_ce33c2739d_o.png

I had smile on my face during the whole thing.

Anyone have been playing / played Hitman 2016? I can't stop gushing about this game. Since I have built my rig in early August, I have been slowly playing Paris level again and again, trying for the slickest kill. Although I have already poured 20 hours into the level alone, I can still hear new dialogues and find new ways to kill. For example, I heard one of the spy of IAGO talks about the Church of Ascendance. I wonder if this cult will appear later in the game? These foreshadowing, background stories, insanely good levels and total freedom in assassination are blowing me away.

Hitman is incredible. So much freedom to set up your kills in so many ways. Makes you feel like a total badass. And when a plan goes sideways it's really fun to try and recover.

It can be super funny too. If you haven't already seen it, I would definitely recommend checking out this Christmas video that the crew at Giantbomb did. Specifically, Vinny's run that starts at around the 15 minute mark. It's long but it's also the funniest Hitman video I've seen.

Oh, and if you're still exploring Paris, you haven't even seen the best level in the game yet ;)

MUnited83

For you.

Just a bit, i'm a very casual player of it :)
semttulodisvx.png

I think it's great. Was a backer of it, but had only played 4-5h until I started now. But I think most people dismissing the game did so because it not having the production values of games like XCOM. And it's a game you shouldn't play it when you have recently played XCOM/XCOM2, because besides that difference, those games will also make you expect certain things, like Overwatch when you don't use up both actions, even though it's a thing that doesn't work within the design of Massive Chalice.

But now I played it before I started the XCOM2 expansion, and long after I had last played XCOM2 base game, and I really started to appreciate MC much more. The battles are more like console strategy(RPG) games, and I really like the classes and abilities within Massive Chalice, and the different abilities.

The enemies are all great, with very distinct abilities that you need to learn to counter. Like Bulwarks, that can fire at several characters once if they're positioned in a line, and that will create an armour after being hit the first time, after which they will only take 1 damage from each attack during thar round. And I'm a big fan of the games abstract and "rough" art style.

The one thing to really remember when playing it though. It's not characters that are important, but houses and bloodlines.

The game can also seem a bit easy at first at normal, but the difficulty will ramp up about 2/3 into the game, so I recommend playing one game at least that long before trying Hard, to really learn the game mechanics.

I've played the game for 30h+, and would have played much more if not War of the Chosen had dropped. And I think MC is a great game for those who feel that XCOM2 can be a bit much, and unforgiving.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So GTA V on Steam is at 8.5M owners if we add to that at least 1/3 of that number for copies sold outside Steam (it is probably way more) we get something between 11M and 12M sold copies on PC alone (I am confident to say that it is probably around 13M-14M). And that makes almost 20% (to be precise 17%) of all sold copies. Game was released on 5 platforms so that makes it equal to console sales. And yet Rockstar is still refusing to do RDR2 on PC.

It'll come, just much later

Hitman is incredible. So much freedom to set up your kills in so many ways. Makes you feel like a total badass. And when a plan goes sideways it's really fun to try and recover.

It can be super funny too. If you haven't already seen it, I would definitely recommend checking out this Christmas video that the crew at Giantbomb did. Specifically, Vinny's run that starts at around the 15 minute mark. It's long but it's also the funniest Hitman video I've seen.

Oh, and if you're still exploring Paris, you haven't even seen the best level in the game yet ;)

Yes, the first Giant Bomb quick look video is fun. I have watched it after going through Paris level and it made me laugh really loud.

I am look forward to later levels especially Sapienza as I heard it is good.

Just a bit, i'm a very casual player of it :)
semttulodisvx.png

Oh my god.

Aaron D.

I imagine this removes Steam and thus you gotta reinstall all your games?

Yes it does.

But it kept all ancillary files, i.e. folders in Documents...game mods, etc.

Gave me a good excuse to cull my installs, though I gotta admit that it is strange to go from 50+ down to around 7.

r3n4ud

Yes it does.

But it kept all ancillary files, i.e. folders in Documents...game mods, etc.

Gave me a good excuse to cull my installs, though I gotta admit that it is strange to go from 50+ down to around 7.
Oh man, ya. I have waaaaay to many installs. I hardly play anything nowadays as well so no need to have tons of installs in my case.

Just afraid if I uninstall games I'll forget about them later on :p

Tizoc

Man, that new Fresh Start tool added in the last Win10 Creators update is GOLDEN.

Did a Windows refresh this weekend and said goodbye to all the hidden junk on my PC.

EDIT:

Absolutely fantastic.

Best game writing in forever in one of the toughest disciplines (humor) that so few seem able to pull off.

Really fresh presentation as well.
I'm gonna have to Update my Windows 10 huh?

Buraindo

I don't see why it shouldn't work. Worst case scenario I think there's a save generator for Dragon Age 2. Inquisition uses the Keep so you won't need either game's files.

Xater

So I really don't think Outlast 2 is a worse game than the first one. In a lot of ways it actually better. The story just seems a little thin compared to the first one and it seems to really outstay it's welcome. The mechanics just don't hold up over the whole play time. It feels like it should have been 4-5 hours like the first one, but seems to be double of that.

Picked up War of the Chosen.

Is that Reinforcement pack worth dropping $10 on?

Only if you can spare it. IMO Shen's Last Gift is the only real must have in it.

This is kind of a shot in the dark because I only kind of half remember this, but anyway...

Didn't Steam change something about giving keys away for developers? I thought there was something new about being able to give keys directly to an account instead of just handing out keys to fight key re-sellers.

A little OT, but any help / info is appreciated.

This is kind of a shot in the dark because I only kind of half remember this, but anyway...

Didn't Steam change something about giving keys away for developers? I thought there was something new about being able to give keys directly to an account instead of just handing out keys to fight key re-sellers.

A little OT, but any help / info is appreciated.

Soon™

r3n4ud

If I screwed the pooch with any of the keys, lemme know folks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-499B3CA7E05400A2 - Taken by ezodagrom. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
War for the Overworld -- MB-19A8BF77FB4526F9 - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.
Banner Saga 2 -- MB-7AA19CBB60636204 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 8 entrants total.
Brigador: Up-Armored Edition -- MB-E89E9A5B07BDA657 - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.
HackyZack -- MB-29138BF8E6F3E4F2 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Headlander -- MB-BBADC72BBF908C15 - Taken by KainXVIII. 10 entrants total.
Kero Blaster -- MB-713C7C450B2D92B0 - Taken by Anteater. 3 entrants total.
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-90CD9A45E4A5CF26 - Taken by Zeknurn. 7 entrants total.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight -- MB-64AE2D89C04492C3 - Taken by Nezzhil. 17 entrants total.
Nongunz -- MB-AA2DB4D4C102EC27 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-BD964A2822273F43
Shoppe Keep -- MB-49CFD821B2845083 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
SimplePlanes -- MB-0EBA23E149597978 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Stories Untold -- MB-ED7FDAAC8C018B05 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-ABA5C8905F015C8B - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 1 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-6F49BF07666025AB
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-C022F7533B499C08 - Taken by Freezard. 1 entrants total.
Worms W.M.D. -- MB-0704E87ED86E229B - Taken by Deques. 7 entrants total.
Wuppo -- MB-31BD36A6F3ABEA30 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.

t1504637735z1.png

Vazduh

Surprised at how much I'm enjoying Saints Row 3.

My brother told me he didn't like it, and since our tastes are usually similar, I figured it wasn't that good. I'm glad I decided on installing it since I'm having a blast. Silly, superficial fun, but fun nevertheless.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

My brother told me he didn't like it, and since our tastes are usually similar, I figured it wasn't that good. I'm glad I decided on installing it since I'm having a blast. Silly, superficial fun, but fun nevertheless.

SR2 remains my favourite. After that, they went a little too far

gabbo

It's probably the series at it's peak

4 was my favorite. Yea the story was boring but flying around was very Crackdownesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom