• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of modbot, happy birthday fuckers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for pretty done:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pretty done, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stellaris -- MB-2AB4581550A89510 - Taken by Deques. 13 entrants total.

t1504682060z1.png

The only texture mod that didn't also end up completely destroying the original aesthetic is the RE4HD project that is mindblowingly faithful to the game's original art. It's the only texture mod I've ever looked forward to.

Who the fuck is paying $90 for digital hotpants?
I dunno, but they seem more sane than the types that would pay $550 for a bandana. I managed to get one of those while they were still going for sub 50, but I just really wanted a bandana.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
how do you activate keys on the browser? can't seem to find it

Since nobody else linked it, I'll just leave this here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/activate-on-steam/pofgpbehpaaadihajegaefaggfenhmpc

It allows you to right-click on any key in your browser and register it on Steam. Combined with Enhanced Steam (which will keep the SSA checkbox checked) it makes it pretty easy to register stuff.

I'm also working on a few updates for both Enhanced Steam and Activate on Steam to integrate the two better.

Deques

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/activate-on-steam/pofgpbehpaaadihajegaefaggfenhmpc

It allows you to right-click on any key in your browser and register it on Steam. Combined with Enhanced Steam (which will keep the SSA checkbox checked) it makes it pretty easy to register stuff.

I'm also working on a few updates for both Enhanced Steam and Activate on Steam to integrate the two better.

Hey, I was complaining about the button a few days ago.
I thought the button would be useful if you added a feature so the button when pressed goes to the activation page. Would that be possible?

Eila

What, really? Is that a thing in previous YS games?

How about YS VIII?

Nah, the Falcom PC Ys games are actually pretty scalable. They used to be 4:3 but what's on steam/GoG was hacked to be 16:9 at various resolutions and it runs at high framerates as well. I know people here have said Ys Origin is great at 120/144 fps.

Ascheroth

Damn, Ys SEVEN has only sold ~2600 copies..

Is there some reason why this would drop off so drastically from the other entries in the series?
Well, it's a pit too pricey while looking worse than all the previous Ys games.
It's a pretty divisive game among the fanbase.
Ys VIII releases 2 weeks after, which blows Seven away in basically all aspects. Except localization :/

Rizzi

So you know how I said Quake Champions was good?
Yeah it's not. When only one weapon in the game is actually worth a damn maybe that's a slight balance issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

thank you!

Blu(e)

So you know how I said Quake Champions was good?
Yeah it's not. When only one weapon in the game is actually worth a damn maybe that's a slight balance issue.

What gun? Outside the tri bolt I think they're all useful in some capacity.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer: End Times Vermintide -- MB-24C11891A2E087E1 - Taken by kagamin. 6 entrants total.
Human: Fall Flat -- MB-161859588D328791 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 5 entrants total.
Infested Planet -- MB-4818F410A7621270 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
Sakura Beach 2 -- MB-EEBD5CD5CE23EC93 - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-B9590ED4143F461C - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.

t1504689822z1.png

Blu(e)

Lightning gun. Love spawning and watching as someone runs past you at warp 10 and kills you in negative two seconds.

Yeah it's definitely a strong gun. I just do my best to make it hard for them to track me and use rocket launcher to throw off their aim.

Ascheroth

I am so glad that song is not used very frequently. Unfortunately, this one is.
I like that song too. But yeah, if they're used too often then they lose that 'oh shit that awesome song that almost never plays starts playing, shit's going to get real'-feel.

Unless you were implying that you don't like them and that's why you're glad it's not used very frequently : P

By the way, that "game optimization" from Geforce Experience actually worked, and surprisingly, i had little better performance in Agents of Mayhem than after manual settings change. Now it's usually around 50FPS, which is not perfect but much less jagged than unstable 30-40FPS. Still wondering where the hell is patch, it's been almost month since release and still no word from Volition. I hope Depp Silver didn't shut them down, i need Saint's Row 5 in my life.

kagamin

I like that song too. But yeah, if they're used too often then they lose that 'oh shit that awesome song that almost never plays starts playing, shit's going to get real'-feel.

Unless you were implying that you don't like them and that's why you're glad it's not used very frequently : P

That's kinda the way I feel about Inevitable Struggle in Zero no Kiseki, the few times it does play it's goddamn awesome and totally appropriate.

neonglow

More visual novels with fan service to satisfy your urges!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Aozora Meikyuu -- MB-CB11F3BCF509F654 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 14 entrants total.
Cyber City 2157: The Visual Novel -- MB-960027020F886B06 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-382BF85ABBE52E21 - Taken by Tonton. 4 entrants total.
Impulse! -- MB-5EEAA2B880D9EDDB - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
Last Days of Spring Visual Novel -- MB-8E0B3B09F6495165 - Taken by abelasabel. 2 entrants total.
Sakura Angels -- MB-C5FFF2030E7381D5 - Taken by Dragon1893. 5 entrants total.
Sakura Beach -- MB-C97674B652AEC083 - Taken by neoxdonut. 6 entrants total.
Sakura Beach 2 -- MB-17D0C1ABB1DF1FBE - Taken by Mike Bison. 8 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-24CC66ADB39F191B - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Serafina's Crown -- MB-53955021CB16F9E9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-9445233E4E6FC44E - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 2 entrants total.

t1504699402z1.png

Rizzi

Yeah I'm done with Quake Champions. That game can fuck right off with its lightning gun bullshit.
Why do the shotgun, machine gun and nailgun even exist?

The tonal dissonance between piracy related topics and the thread about free Knack 2 is intriguing ��

Wow, hypocrisy is a thing, who knew :")
I'll tell you what other tonal dissonances exists:
-Free online play
-Crossplay
-Exclusives moneyhats
-1080p then 4k
-Backward Compatibility
-Mods
-Emulation

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My one regret is playing more than two hours of Quake Champions so I cannot get a refund.

Well, you could try arguing your case with a support ticket, but I don't think "Because fuck the LG" is something Valve would consider a valid special circumstance. ;)

Ludens

Banned
Why in JC3 to unlock power-ups I need to do challenges? It's just beyond stupid, considering chaos points serve nothing.

Pachimari

So guys, I just started up my Let's Play of Resident Evil 7 (have mercy on me, I don't know how I'm gonna play through this entire thing but I'm just gonna do it!), and I got a very strange problem. When people talk, the voices don't actually match the mouth movement and subtitles, why is this? Do I have to change some specific settings to fix this?
Anyone knows how to fix this?
I've tried turning off dynamic shadows, turning down texture filtering from very high to high and turning off depth of field. Maybe with a more stable framerate the voices will match the mouth movement and subtitles?

[edit] I found some people with the same problem here. I'm gonna try out changing those settings.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Aozora Meikyuu -- MB-CB11F3BCF509F654 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 14 entrants total.
Cyber City 2157: The Visual Novel -- MB-960027020F886B06 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-382BF85ABBE52E21 - Taken by Tonton. 4 entrants total.
Impulse! -- MB-5EEAA2B880D9EDDB - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
Last Days of Spring Visual Novel -- MB-8E0B3B09F6495165 - Taken by abelasabel. 2 entrants total.
Sakura Angels -- MB-C5FFF2030E7381D5 - Taken by Dragon1893. 5 entrants total.
Sakura Beach -- MB-C97674B652AEC083 - Taken by neoxdonut. 6 entrants total.
Sakura Beach 2 -- MB-17D0C1ABB1DF1FBE - Taken by Mike Bison. 8 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-24CC66ADB39F191B - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Serafina's Crown -- MB-53955021CB16F9E9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-9445233E4E6FC44E - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 2 entrants total.

t1504699402z1.png

Well, you could try arguing your case with a support ticket, but I don't think "Because fuck the LG" is something Valve would consider a valid special circumstance. ;)

And they actually nerfed the LG during one of the closed beta phases if memory serves me. On top of that, there was a bug where the lightning gun beam would disappear so it was basically an invisible beam of constant damage. It was an absolute terror for a while there.

In any case, the LG has always been a dangerous tool in the hands of a player who can track their target accurately.

CHC

Weird. I had an issue with DS4Windows (an older version since one of the newer versions caused me other problems) where on certain occassions upon plugging it into the USB port to charge/play then unattaching it to continue using Bluetooth it would disconnect and I'd need to re-pair it. Never considered it might be something Steam related but I didn't get the double inputs or gyro problems you had so it's probably unrelated.

I ended up just charging the controller via the wall rather than the computer so as to not change the controller from BT to USB input and always stay on Bluetooth. Someone here suggested it as they do the same. Been what I've used ever since.

Yeah I mean I might just start using it wirelessly with a wall outlet since every time I plug it in it just triggers this cascade of unpredictable bullshit. Kind of a pain since all my wires are hidden, but I can probably work something out.

What other games specifically? Are you sure it's not the games themselves and that Hide DS4 is actually functioning properly? Is Steam explicitly alerting to you that it's recognizing your controller when you plug it in?

It's happened with at least GTA V, The Witcher III, Dark Souls III, and Dishonored II. Basically, most games I've tried. I only have a few games installed now.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions / questions anyway guys!

Some old duplicates:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dungeon Defenders -- MB-336D2222F9A1D977 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 6 entrants total.
Nether: Resurrected -- MB-485A1EE3E693B4C3 - Taken by ctw0e. 4 entrants total.
Unepic -- MB-213B7892EC3F95B2 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 9 entrants total.

t1504708671z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom