• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Damn, that's realy amazing! Also just arrived my new Hyper X Cloud 2 and i tried with it, only i can say WOW!!! This thing is a beast. :O

Btw, there will be no discount for pre orders right?
Nah. It's a brand new game after all.
But I wouldn't pull the trigger quite yet.

I'm not sure about one thing though, are there real preorder boni or do you get that stuff when you buy during the first week as well?
Guys, I own thee keys for console games (Wii U and 3DS). Is it ok to post a giveaway here in the Steam thread?
Sure. There are often Origin or Uplay giveaways here :p

voodooray

Spare, has cards:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Liveza: Death of the Earth -- MB-D7E98BC1E21E8B0B - Taken by Orakio Rob

NeoRaider

SteamSpy was showing more than 150k copies sold for Hellblade few days ago, now it's down to 137k. I am not sure what is happening, are ppl refunding the game or SteamSpy is wrong?

Also Life is Strange: Before the Storm is at 145k copies, in less than a week. Great numbers.

Do any of these Sakura VNs actually have anything resembling an entertaining story or is it just an excuse for fanservice?
Fuck it, with all these giveaways I might as well just try winning a couple, at least they have cards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys, I own thee keys for console games (Wii U and 3DS). Is it ok to post a giveaway here in the Steam thread?

Sure. Just be sure to properly label them so there's no confusion. For example, when I list a non-Steam game in a giveaway I'm creating, I include the platform in brackets. E.g. (Battle.net) Destiny 2: BLAH-BLAH-BLAH.

kionedrik

Regarding the current monthly, is the RotTR season pass content a must-have? I hate buying incomplete editions but I'm fine if it's just skins or useless multiplayer things.

Pachimari

I'm gonna jump right back into FFXIV. I'm at the hundred MSQ between ARR and Heavensward so I'm excited to see where the story goes. It's been months since I last played it so I have to figure out all the things again and get comfortable.

Anyone get the blood bowl 2 legendary edition? I was expecting it to be a seperate game and not dlc so Im a bit nervous if they are gonna keep it as all existing dlc bundle or not past september 12.

Nah. It's a brand new game after all.

Sure. There are often Origin or Uplay giveaways here :p

Sure but Tecmo Koei alwasy doing it, but maybe because their games generally mess on PC. :p

Regarding the current monthly, is the RotTR season pass content a must-have? I hate buying incomplete editions but I'm fine if it's just skins or useless multiplayer things.

Looks like Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch and Blood Ties worth it, i will wait for a nice discount though.

It contains several hours of single player content, along with some skins and weapons too.

The single player DLC is fine. There's two parts of it, a decent mission chain integrated into the game, and a epilogue chapter that takes place in Croft Manor that I actually really liked. The latter is a bit like Gone Home, but with more concrete puzzles.

I would not call it must-have. You could easily buy and play the DLC content after you've finished the game, if you wanted a bit more.

Uzzy

Blood Ties is the best thing to come out of the rebooted Tomb Raider. It's a slower paced exploration of Croft Manor, which breathes life back into Lara and reconnects her to her family's history. More than that, it's reconnecting these games to the franchises history.

Mivey

SteamSpy was showing more than 150k copies sold for Hellblade few days ago, now it's down to 137k. I am not sure what is happening, are ppl refunding the game or SteamSpy is wrong?
Neither, not necessarily. SteamSpy is estimating sales based on accumulating data from a sample over 3 days (which explains why it lags behind 3 days, always). This method has an intrinsic error, which SteamSpy also tries to calculate, that's the +- value. If the mean value is meandering within this range, it likely means nothing. Furthermore, not all games are equally distributed across all regions, so for games with a particular appeal in certain regions (outside the US), you should also accept a larger error.

MUnited83

For you.
Neither. The margin of error is there for a reason. Copies will fluctuate as the algorithm gets updated.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Orakio Rob, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon Defenders -- MB-336D2222F9A1D977 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 6 entrants total.
Nether: Resurrected -- MB-485A1EE3E693B4C3 - Taken by ctw0e. 4 entrants total.
Unepic -- MB-213B7892EC3F95B2 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 9 entrants total.

t1504708671z1.png

dawgparty

Any cheap multiplayer games you guys suggest? My roommates and I(three of us in total) are looking for something. Party games, RPGs, shooters, etc. We've played Orcs Must Die, Vermintide, Blood and Bacon and a bunch of other random shit so we are open to a lot.

Auraela

Banned
fucking hell people in that knack glitch thread asking for peoples dummy accounts to get it free too.

some people are so dam two faced against this shit. will scream out against piracy glitches and shit but when its something they want that all gets thrown out the window.

Any cheap multiplayer games you guys suggest? My roommates and I(three of us in total) are looking for something. Party games, RPGs, shooters, etc. We've played Orcs Must Die, Vermintide, Blood and Bacon and a bunch of other random shit so we are open to a lot.

Vagante is really good.

Tizoc

Assault Android Cactus and Rayman Legends come to mind, though I don't know if they're on sale anywhere ^^;

Those jeys are region locked so pleas mention that when u put up the giveaway

If the Wii U games are for the EU region I'd be hella interested

"Download codes can only be redeemed on Nintendo eShop in American Countries. They will not work on European or Japanese Wii U or Nintendo 3DS devices."

Keys are for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U and 3DS) and Retro City Rampage: DX (3DS). I'll post them tomorrow.

My GTX 1080ti finally arrived! Now it's time to do some tests with my old GPU and compare it with new one to find out was it worth to upgrade.

Pinball FX3 Releasing September 26!

We are proud to announce that Pinball FX3 will be coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam on September 26! Import your pinball collection over FREE OF CHARGE and try out the new Challenge modes and Multiplayer features! Join the biggest, most community-driven pinball experience ever!

Don't forget to wishlist us on Steam to get notified of the release on September 26!

Check out the trailer here!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yycdna8y9M4

http://steamcommunity.com/games/442120/announcements/detail/1442697301832670966

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey, I was complaining about the button a few days ago.
I thought the button would be useful if you added a feature so the button when pressed goes to the activation page. Would that be possible?

Yes, I plan on adding some basic options to a popup panel when clicking the button itself. There will probably be a button to toggle integration with Enhanced Steam and another to maybe toggle strict or loose key matching (some people have requested it work with keys that have no "-" in them, either spaces or nothing). I've also been wrestling with the idea of adding a donation button.

Can you opt out of receiving an email everytime you activate something with the new web page?

I don't think you can yet. Technically the functionality is there but I feel like Valve still considers this "Beta" as it's not really live anywhere on the site. I just added a rule to my gmail to automatically mark them as read and stick them in a folder so I don't ever see them unless I go looking.

If I want a G-sync monitor at 27", what am I going to look at?
I need to check out prices so I can start saving up.

I just bought a Viewsonic xg2703-gs, many dollardoos. Looks amazing, the internal speakers are trash though.

The AOC AGON AG271QG is the same price and the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift will be a little more, that's the big 3. Ther might be a dell as well. I assume you are after 1440p, not 1080 or 4k.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just reading the "For the PC gamers, how often do you 'max out' your games?" thread

Can someone explain the hate for AA, Chromatic Aberation, Motion blur and depth of field?

Tizoc

Just reading the "For the PC gamers, how often do you 'max out' your games?" thread

Can someone explain the hate for AA, Chromatic Aberation, Motion blur and depth of field?

I don't get the AA hate, but Motion blur is something I disable. My earliest experience with it was in Saint's Row 2 on PS3. The blur was ridiculous and since then I disable it in just about any game.
I think DoF takes up a lot since it blurs stuff that are farther away from you?
CA we talked about a lot in this thread in the past :p

Dinjoralo

I don't get the AA hate, but Motion blur is something I disable. My earliest experience with it was in Saint's Row 2 on PS3. The blur was ridiculous and since then I disable it in just about any game.
I think DoF takes up a lot since it blurs stuff that are farther away from you?
CA we talked about a lot in this thread in the past :p
I can definitely see the hate for modern AA methods, IE most postprocessing kinds like TXAA and FXAA that do a poor job of hiding aliasing, either by leaving lots of dithering (FXAA) or adding copious amounts of blur, and other visual problems like ghosting. (TXAA)

I can definitely see the hate for modern AA methods, IE most postprocessing kinds like TXAA and FXAA that do a poor job of hiding aliasing, either by leaving lots of dithering (FXAA) or adding copious amounts of blur, and other visual problems like ghosting. (TXAA)

I would still pick a blurry AA solution like FXAA over jaggies anyday.

fucking hell people in that knack glitch thread asking for peoples dummy accounts to get it free too.

some people are so dam two faced against this shit. will scream out against piracy glitches and shit but when its something they want that all gets thrown out the window.

I just find it hilarious. They say that DRM like Denuvo is non-intrusive and anyone who doesn't want it has to be a pirate so they weren't going to support the developer/publisher anyway but lo and behold, when a price glitch happens or if the game is accidentally free all of a sudden, it's "fuck yeah, got mine" or " hey sell it to me for the price you got it for". Don't they realize that also cheat the publisher/developer out of money too?

Liking Telltale Batman so far, slick presentation, more interaction during combat, and improved animation (still got ample room for more), maybe I'll play this in front of my family.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Does Amazon usually price match Blizzard sales on digital items? I want to buy Heart of the Swarm with some leftover Amazon giftcard bucks.

Tizoc

Liking Telltale Batman so far, slick presentation, more interaction during combat, and improved animation (still got ample room for more), maybe I'll play this in front of my family.

Nah it's the same engine just with a prettier looking thicker coat.
Telltale games are all good for playing with friends and famil around.

Are you gonna go through the game as
Bats or Bruce though?
I went as Bruce mainly because I wanted to see things through his eyes.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just find it hilarious. They say that DRM like Denuvo is non-intrusive and anyone who doesn't want it has to be a pirate so they weren't going to support the developer/publisher anyway but lo and behold, when a price glitch happens or if the game is accidentally free all of a sudden, it's "fuck yeah, got mine" or " hey sell it to me for the price you got it for". Don't they realize that also cheat the publisher/developer out of money too?

I posted in the thread, but got jumped on for daring to speak

Nah it's the same engine just with a prettier looking thicker coat.
Telltale games are all good for playing with friends and famil around.

Are you gonna go through the game as
Bats or Bruce though?
I went as Bruce mainly because I wanted to see things through his eyes.
I wasn't aware of such a choice, I'm still on episode 1.

MUnited83

For you.

Chromatic Aberration is a terrible effect that looks terrible 100% of the times.
Depth of field needs to be very carefully built, because if not, it's just the "Can't see shit Captain" meme

086720376832525DCF3D9D593AB470B9F24439A0

Pachimari

My ASUS PG248Q cost me £500 and thats 24"

I just bought a Viewsonic xg2703-gs, many dollardoos. Looks amazing, the internal speakers are trash though.

The AOC AGON AG271QG is the same price and the ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift will be a little more, that's the big 3. Ther might be a dell as well. I assume you are after 1440p, not 1080 or 4k.

Yup, 1440p and g-sync will be fine. Any other spec I should be looking for?

[edit] Whoa, €700 for a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q. I guess I do have the money for it next month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom