• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Final Fantasy IV isn't that bad GAF, def. give it a chance.
I mean if Jase can deal with his save data getting erased by UPlay, FF4's graphics are manageable.

I mean if Jase can deal with his save data getting erased by UPlay, FF4's graphics are manageable.

I don't think the graphics are a problem, but I'd probably have a problem with the iOS interface.

The problems i had with it was that the english voicework was terrible and I just found myself more drawn in by the 2D versions of the visuals than the 3D DS remake.

But there doesn't really seem to be a bad version of FFIV so if people are enjoying it for the first time through the remake then that's great. It's one of my favorite FF games so the more that play it the merrier.

Alavard

How's the encounter rate in this version? I remember playing the FFIV completion collection on the PSP and it was abysmally high.

vareon

GAF, Cities In Motion 2 is 75% off in GMG and can anyone push me a bit more to it? I haven't played a city building game in like 10 years, and all I want is a relaxing, sandbox-y modern city building game. From what I understand this is more managing transports than city, though.

Alavard

No one read my posts :D

Well, to be fair, that post was 20 pages ago... But thanks for the info. Sounds like it's just as bad as the PSP version was.

I think I'll skip this release. I've played enough FFIV in various forms over the years and it's actually one of my least-liked FF games.

The_Monk

While I keep trying to clean my Backlog every now and then, I end up adding a bit to my list.

Recently I just got two games with the number "2" in it even if I haven't beaten the "1" first. I can't keep doing such thing.

Alavard

While I keep trying to clean my Backlog every now and then, I end up adding a bit to my list.

Recently I just got two games with the number "2" in it even if I haven't beaten the "1" first. I can't keep doing such thing.

My golden rule lately has been: 'Do I think I can beat it before it goes on sale (or goes on sale with a greater reduction)?'

If the answer is yes, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I wait it out. It's only way I've kept my backlog from growing any worse.

So i just realized why I would totally buy Resident Evil: Code Veronica on Steam even though it would be, what, the fourth time i buy it?

Because we could finally have real headshots in CV. That has irked me so much any time ive played the game. I'm sure there would be an mod for it if it came to PC.

so please, capcom, give me CV on PC. I'm stupid enough to jump in again.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Whispering Willows -- MB-1A2C5782BF3389CD - Taken by Leg-End. 2 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-5286C2652B3E45F3 - Taken by Scipius. 2 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-556C4FA8B5487A25 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-FC702EA07007385D - Taken by vareon. 4 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-F1E3FB9ED6656F04 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-B5F2D0DD0C7844E3 - Taken by MillionStabs. 3 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-C2B12E3277B20C1E - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-572D06C716A18B4C - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-892A45A63838972E - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-3C8D4183DD46F8D8 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-8FD06C0ACB277D80 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Tropico 3 -- MB-5364BB0E010EA9BA - Taken by Erheller. 1 entrants total.
SOL: Exodus -- MB-597628653DBFFE24 - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-4AA3C6514E301CE9 - Taken by devo1989. 5 entrants total.
Demolition Inc. -- MB-90053B83B0573254 - Taken by hepburn3d. 3 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-62F1D54C8EED9A1D - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-883DC3F7BCF72409 - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers - Rio Fever (DLC) -- MB-AAD7020FEACD3483

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for VVVVVV was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1411654790z1.png

I was testing my new xbone controller with Grid 2, then I realized sim-like racing games are fun, so F1 2014(region free hmmm) and Project CARS are now on my radar. Is Grid Autosport just Grid 2 with cockpit view?

Amazon has a stock of Superclocked EVGA 970s in currently, but they look to be $40 more and the consensus is that the cooler is by far the flimsiest of all of the models out right now.

Sucks... I've never had an issue with EVGA cards. I'm eying the ASUS one (out of stock right now), but it looks like its base and boosted clocks are marginally lower than some others, particularly the Gigabyte one.

My Punching sense was tingling and I rushed over to find a dogpile on Razer products.

Warranted. What a bunch of crud.

I honestly really like my Naga. I guess it would maybe last longer if it were a better brand, but I don't think there are a lot of options for mice with 17 buttons.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of recommendations is anyone tempted to do a write up for Final Fantasy XIII? I was debating PMing MRORANGE but I don't want to step on anyone's toes (or essentially put people off it entirely). That and I'm still trimming down my Ryse one.

Buying games with keys that I bought with gift cards bought for less than retail make me feel like:

I'm wonder who might Alejandro Sosa be in this whole twisted affair.

Buying games with keys that I bought with gift cards bought for less than retail make me feel like:

btw, dentist visit was great, next Wednesday for two more canals. Flirty dentist lady gave me twenty painkillers for nothing. Not the first bit of pain.

Arthea

Speaking of recommendations is anyone tempted to do a write up for Final Fantasy XIII? I was debating PMing MRORANGE but I don't want to step on anyone's toes (or essentially put people off it entirely). That and I'm still trimming down my Ryse one.

I could, I finished it, if nobody else is willing. The problem with this, we don't know how good/bad port is, so only about a game itself.
Oh wait, you want to write about it!
go ahead ;)

Dr Dogg

Still, you can make people aware of a future game, but recommending it sounds... I don't know, not quite right. What if it ends up being bad?

Highlighting an upcoming release and bringing it to the attention of others with what information is currently available is fine in my book (like we do in the OP here). But coming across like a sales pitch or declaring a game good or worth your money before having played it (even console to PC ports) isn't really my cup of tea.

I could, I finished it, if nobody else is willing. The problem with this, we don't know how good/bad port is, so only about a game itself.
Oh wait, you want to write about it!
go ahead ;)

Hahaha I've half started and thought I'd better ask. I know shackles is an FF nut so didn't want to rob him of his chance to shine a Light (hehehe) on it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vazduh, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-BED0E8C61FE6C94F - Taken by $h@d0w. 4 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-495CF4E478662F70

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1411655750z1.png

Guys. After boring 75 hours I finished Agarest: Generations of War and got the True Ending.

What a boring game that was. Agarest 2 looks far better with an oldschool world-map and a better battle system.

kudoboi

I was testing my new xbone controller with Grid 2, then I realized sim-like racing games are fun, so F1 2014(region free hmmm) and Project CARS are now on my radar. Is Grid Autosport just Grid 2 with cockpit view?

IMO grid autosport felt very boring. especially endurance races. they took forever to complete

onionfrog

I'm trying to stop buying games until I've played more of what I already own.

169 games on steam and I've only actually beaten 25 of them. O_O

I'm still buying new humble bundles though. >_>

derExperte

What part of an endurance race don't you understand?

If you're not listening to podcasts or watching tv/yt during endurance races you're doing it wrong.

I can count on two hands how many games on steam I've beaten. Thinking it over before I hit submit, I'm pretty sure that is accurate. One day though, one day.

I've started writing down all the games I've beaten this year to post them in 52-weeks-52-games thread and I'm at over 60. Granted some of those were started last year and I'm of course buying faster than playing but it's an okayish quota imo.

Was it boring nearly the entire time? I have to ask why you kept playing it...

Actually the story-sequences are okay, but the gameplay of the battles are the most boring thing I ever played.

Compared to other SRPGs by NIS, S-E etc. the battle-system of Agarest doesnt offer any variety. You use the same strategy in every battle. And if you put it on auto-battle, the AI is far too dumb to revive party-members...

kudoboi

What part of an endurance race don't you understand?

it should have been made as optional races then like those le mans 24 hour races in the original GRID and not mandatory to progress. i seriously felt like sleeping halfway through those races and in my most recent session i seriously raged because i fucked up 30 seconds before the race ended and used up all my rewinds already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom