• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

So, I just had something very odd and frustrating happen to me.

The other day I purchased Surgeon Simulator 2013 and the Anniversary Edition DLC, they were on sale. After I placed the order I noticed the page didn't load to the confirmation page. I didn't try clicking through again in fear of being double charged, however I noticed that when I checked my library I now had the games confirming to me the purchase did go through. All was good.

Today however I noticed that when browsing Steam that it said I had an item in my cart. "I haven't added anything to my cart..." so I checked it, and there sat Surgeon Simulator 2013 (now off sale). I immedately checked my Steam library and to my dismay Suregon Simulator is no where to be found.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I pretty much screwed? I sent a Steam Support ticket in.
Read about this exact same thing on the steamgifts forum the other day. Happened to other people with other games. At least you don't get charged, the game is only in your library for a short time. No idea if Steam Support will help you with that missed discount now, knowing support, probably not.

Now on the surface that looks like better preformance than I get on Windows 8.1 by about 5-10 frames but my word are the frametimes all over the place. In game it feels like someone is coming up to me and shaking my chair as I play. That's on 344.11 drivers which are fine under 7 and 8.1 but could be a whole host of things that could be causing it.
Framerates dip a lot after I got to the second map, I hope it's just a driver issue.

Sharkiller

YLcziVm.png

Miguel81

I was thinking of picking up Shovel Knight to play this month in between Alien and TEW. Some of the images of the game scream "October/Halloween".

Looks like I'm going to be avoiding the Win10 preview. Will welcome it's release next year with a new gpu and some Steam games.

KyleCross

Do you get email confirmation when you purchase something on steam store? If so Valve should help you out otherwise you are probably screwed as there is no proof in your favor.

Sure didn't. Crap.

Read about this exact same thing on the steamgifts forum the other day. Happened to other people with other games. At least you don't get charged, the game is only in your library for a short time. No idea if Steam Support will help you with that missed discount now, knowing support, probably not.
Ah well... I wanted the game, but it isn't like it was a must-have especially after all the LP videos I've seen of it. Still disappointed, but I guess as long as I didn't get charged...

I checked my balance, I didn't get charged for the purchase so yeah I guess it was just an error. Sucks, but least I don't have to fight to get my money back.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fly'n -- MB-33FF597EB5D4685C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-623E1B4884B851DE - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-8EFD089A34562E36 - Taken by Patison
dead effect -- MB-BA5AEF4026516627 - Taken by Pakkidis. 2 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-70582E8DD8A9E53A - Taken by Monooboe. 2 entrants total.
t.e.c 3001 -- MB-DC18483D6E101498 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-0B6A24BE1F81A05A - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-EF001B89CF2819A7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
space hack -- MB-0599D7B08BD78DDF
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-167083672ED74030 - Taken by Ozium
ulgzbKC.png
Banzai Pecan: Last Hope For The Young Century (Desura) -- MB-B6DF39F9B56A372C - Taken by crazyrabbits
the ship giftpack -- MB-7800E046BA70C1A5 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
CT Special Forces -- MB-6CD6CC0FF6BB47E0 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-BEC0716BBDD2EE7F - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Incoming Forces -- MB-3549747F03E544DC - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
mechanic escape -- MB-070380B0FC7BF472
ulgzbKC.png
Luna Shattered Hearts : Episode 1 (Desura) -- MB-CD7BA6A4BE7F53CF - Taken by Jason Frost
Street Racing Syndicate #2 -- MB-388F290DC02DAE66 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-C734317DF50F8219 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-F8FB16C6D7B096B8 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
epigenesis -- MB-6A3C8A27B1A13127 - Taken by JustLynx

t1412297959z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
STEAM | October 2014 - A den of vipers and thieves

Why aren't you on Steam, meatbag?

Because writing and editing together group reports for college is hard, especially when other group members don't understand what a citation is :p

Steam has apparently just given devs the ability to curate the curators that appear on their store pages, and added a rule that you have to disclose if you were paid to add something to your list.

RIP joke curators like Hodor and Is it Postal?. You're the curators that the overall Steam community probably deserves, but not the ones it needs right now.

I mean I get going for a certain art style and thought it worked and looked cool in Gemini Rue and all that but
getting just straight up ugly

Ehh, I've seen far worse. It doesn't look too bad to me.

Mono

Off the top of my head, is your PS3 turning on? I've had that happen a few times, and it screws things up.

If that's not it, are you on using a wired or wireless connection? I use wired, so if for whatever reason my PC is not recognizing my controller, I unplug the USB cord on the PC end (checking again that my PS3 does not turn on when I unplug it), and then plug it in. Usually forces windows to recognize the device.

I always keep my PS3 unplugged when I'm not using it because of that! I've also had it the weird other way around where I've wanted to play PS3 with my computer on, and only my computer reads the controller, lol.

I used wired, too. I'll try that, thanks!

This just happened to me two weeks ago when my computer forced my Win8 up to a Win8.1.

Basically, the windows update wiped away the drivers. I just redownloaded the PCSX ones and reinstalled them, rebooted and everything worked perfectly again. You could try just removing and reapplying the drivers if they still exist on your compy. You can remove them by using the exe that you used to install them in the first place.

Hope this helps.

I'm running on Windows 7 but maybe it has something to do with Windows updates since I just installed a couple months worth of them! Hopefully doing that will work, thank you!!

All this PCSX and BetterDS3 and XinputWrapper and DS3 crap is so confusing. This is why yu just use a wired 360 controller or something. Or play with a keyboard and mouse like a normal person?

Silly doubt planters.

Normal people use keyboard and mouse.

Winners use Dualshocks. (◡‿◡✿)

Skyzard

Banned
It's just too much effort getting the playstation controllers to work, even if they somehow do you have to deal with the confusing notifications meant for xbox controllers so when it says X you're supposed to tap square.

Anteater

It's just too much effort getting the playstation controllers to work, even if they somehow do you have to deal with the confusing notifications meant for xbox controllers so when it says X you're supposed to tap square.

I only use it because I'm too cheap to get that receiver thing for the 360, well I also don't like its dpad.

Also I have 3, dualshock 3s

So I gotta use them

Nabs

DS4 controllers are essentially 1 button installs now.

rtcn63

I've used a DS3 for ages, minimal issues. There are rare times where it doesn't get recognized, but that's just a matter of replugging the usb cable.

The button thing becomes second nature in short time, though I do I have a 360, and spent years playing it. It's all the same place on the controller to me.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

DS4 set up is pretty automatic with the X-input drivers and it works automatically if you just need D-input. If you play on multiple platforms already it's pretty easy to switch between Xbox and PS prompts, but the only thing that throws me off is switching between Nintendo and Xbox since they use the same letters and they're switched around.

MUnited83

For you.
As someone that's just shy of 400 followers... that's pretty darn terrible. I like that devs can hide certain curators if they wish to do so, but I don't like that they have to approve curators individually if they have less than 3000 followers. I don't think many will bother to that at all, sadly.

Skyzard

Banned
DS4 controllers are essentially 1 button installs now.

For x64 too? (win 7)

I only use it because I'm too cheap to get that receiver thing for the 360, well I also don't like its dpad.

Also I have 3, dualshock 3s

So I gotta use them

Fair enough.

DS4 set up is pretty automatic with the X-input drivers and it works automatically if you just need D-input. If you play on multiple platforms already it's pretty easy to switch between Xbox and PS prompts, but the only thing that throws me off is switching between Nintendo and Xbox since they use the same letters and they're switched around.

When you say d-input, what does that exclude?

You can switch between the prompts?

I have a x1 controller but I prefer the DS4, might try and get one somehow.

Rudakus

I'm glad to hear that. I know a lot of devs were concerned when some of the top ranked curators for their game used profanity and such so I figured it wouldn't take long for Valve to step in.

I'm also glad to hear that they have to disclose whether or not they were paid. I wonder if that will be represented on the page to the user.

Definitely this. I didn't even think about the first part though. Good call

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dreaming Sarah -- MB-D994DB31AD8DFEAF - Taken by Deitus. 2 entrants total.
Steam Bandits: Outpost -- MB-AEBCD1F5A8A42C05 - Taken by diablogod. 1 entrants total.
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars -- MB-A2C237F4ECAFCB9C - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

t1412299639z1.png

NFmw5qu.gif

Mono

Not really! Mine worked flawlessly like a 360 controller would after I installed the Xinput wrapper until now! I think my computer is just complaining about it since I updated my OS recently. They're pretty easy to set up and you can just plug them in and use them immidiately when you want to play (usually)!

It's only A = X, Y = △, X = □, and B = O! Though it would be nice for games to give PS button prompts. I can't think of one game that does that. :(

Anyone who hasn't played Hostile Waters please do so, the best Carrier Command remake ever released.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Jack Orlando: Director's Cut -- MB-A26694085DFE6C11 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Duke Nukem -- MB-E63E8410B1471EFF - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 2 -- MB-BC8784A74D69A677 - Taken by gabbo. 1 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-4D2E64D9857A7A3F - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 1 entrants total.
Earth 2160 -- MB-C7384369E44AF5F7 - Taken by swx. 2 entrants total.
Jet Gunner -- MB-26EC0417E4BA4FCC - Taken by billmcdougal. 1 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-449DA7FEF8DE6D91

t1412299819z1.png

whoa, Two Worlds II!!

i heard that game was great

Well, there are conflicting opinions.
I really liked it when it was released, but I also liked Two Worlds 1. The story in both games is really generic and the voice acting was generally awful, but the gameplay wasn't bad and there were plenty of funny bugs.

Gbraga

Shovel Knight does at least! I know a few more games do but my brain is mush atm.

Didn't know that! :O

That's awesome.

Borderlands 1 has that option too, but not really in-game, you need to mess with .ini files. It's quite simple, though.

Also, A Realm Reborn has native PS3 and PS4 prompts, which blew my mind, so cool.

Skyzard

Banned
Definitely picking up DS4 and a bluetooth dongle. X1 controller is nice but DS4 felt like luxury. Wireless seals it too. Those button prompts are going to screw me though, especially with QTEs.

dot

Me and iosefe are doing Speed.

anyone else is welcome to join. 2 spots open.

I'll be streaming it here -> http://www.hitbox.tv/dott

come watch if yu don't mind me blasting Lights and Ariana and kpop in the background

Are the polka dots new? Thought my screen was messed up at first.

No sir, i've always been here.

Normal people use keyboard and mouse.

Winners use Dualshocks. (◡‿◡✿)

so rude

So I know that Paradox Platinum Pack is on sale right now. But it's still $40. How can people afford to give this away? o.0

Indonesian store pricing error, it was 5 cents.

The vultures who got it for 5 cents are now selling it for 3-4 keys in most cases.

Still cheap if you want it and it's a good value to you for that $7-$10 it will cost you... but absolutely ridiculous in terms of profit margins.

I saw one or two who were asking 2 keys. Still too much for me. 1.5 and I would've grabbed it for EUIV.

The vultures who got it for 5 cents are now selling it for 3-4 keys in most cases.

Still cheap if you want it and it's a good value to you for that $7-$10 it will cost you... but absolutely ridiculous in terms of profit margins.

I saw one or two who were asking 2 keys. Still too much for me. 1.5 and I would've grabbed it for EUIV.
I can't wait to see what steam wallet trading does to stuff like this, as well as the trading scene in general.

Mono

Didn't know that! :O

That's awesome.

Borderlands 1 has that option too, but not really in-game, you need to mess with .ini files. It's quite simple, though.

Also, A Realm Reborn has native PS3 and PS4 prompts, which blew my mind, so cool.

I didn't know about Shovel Knight, either! I must have still been using Motionjoy when I played it, so it didn't register correctly! :O

Yay, Squeenix! I would be really surprised if FFXIII didn't have PS button prompts as well!

Gbraga

I didn't know about Shovel Knight, either! I must have still been using Motionjoy when I played it, so it didn't register correctly! :O

Yay, Squeenix! I would be really surprised if FFXIII didn't have PS button prompts as well!

It probably won't, don't get your hopes up.

We're still worried we might not even have unlocked framerates for this game TT_TT

Hmmm, Spintires is $20 over at GMG today, but of course, their new voucher is not working on it. $15 would've been a "SURE!". $20 is more like "fuck you for not letting me use the voucher."

Miguel81

I just want to use this.. I don't know why,
Damn I miss a pricing error. Jshackles. Can you make a program that let us know whenever there is a pricing error? please and thank you! <3

Do you expect Jesu...Jshackles to work miracles, or what?
I do.

oipic

Indonesian store pricing error, it was 5 cents.

Gosh, that's great...well, for those lucky enough to snag it. Nice one! Pricing errors, bless them.

I've been holding out for a good time to pick up the Old Gods for CKII, as I've largely been avoiding playing it (and EUIV) until I flesh out their DLC collections a bit. Paradox are hard to keep up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom