• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Camp 2011 - Immediate Regrets :(

Movement

Lead and Gold. It's just so boring in comparison to other MP shooters I can be playing. I really want to love Bit Trip Runner as well, but I can't focus on what's going on and just makes my eyes hurt.

I also bought about 20 other games though and love the rest of them.

Chris R

No regrets at all. No clue why people just throw away their money. Only games I even looked at I knew I was interested in. Just say no to impulse purchases! Plus, you know your backlog is huge as hell anyways :p

Bought Darksiders and a Terriria 4 pack (when it was the 2.49 price). Almost bought Batman GOTY but I'll pick that up during the Winter sale.

Kind of regret getting the AssCreed pack just because I don't think I should have spent $27 one one item. I've already played 1 and 2 so I was really just buying it for Bro.

JackEtc said:
HOOOLY SHIT.

I bought Oblivion GOTY Deluxe, and I've NEVER played it. Should I mod it first time through?

I wouldn't not mod it at this point. I have it on 360 and it never really grabbed me. Picked it up again on PC with the sale hoping to mod it and have a better experience.

As for me, I don't really have any real regrets so far, but for the sake of this thread, I'll say Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate. At 23GB, it's freaking HUGE and will take forever to download whenever I get around to doing so. I might wait on doing so until I go back to school as for some reason at home here I've only been getting about 700kb/s max from Steam whereas at school I can get a steady 1.1Mb/s from the WiFi (downloading from the ethernet there wouldn't be much faster, if at all, and the internet in rooms is rate limited to 2GBs of max speed internet on a 24-hour rotating basis, though you can hit up to about 6GBs or so before it really throttles you.)

Enco

Papercuts said:
I regret not buying a single thing. :(
Go buy Just Cause 2 and you'll be all better. Borderlands as well if you want two. No way can you regret those games at such brilliant prices.

PaulLFC

Gully State said:
That was a price mistake. It was fixed pretty quickly..

I know. I bought it at that price because as I said, now the price has gone up, it won't be as cheap as that over here for a long while. I was more commenting on the 1:1 dollar to pound conversion with the "unfair price" line.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Clear Sky. Pretty lighting, yes, but it's tied to a janky engine, with an uninteresting starting area and some wacky tweaking over Chernobyl. Complete Mod did not help enough. I'll try this again later as I'm a huge fan of Chernobyl, but so far I feel I have no reason to play this over Pripyat (which is amazing so far).

Recettear - It was only $5 but I'm not really enjoying it that much. I've put six hours into it and I think I've had enough. The presentation is on the grating side and thinks it's (cuter/more clever) than it actually is. It's a mediocre game, simply put.

I also kind of regret everything else I bought since my laptop has a crap GPU, so I won't be playing any of it any time soon. :\

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
There are always a couple duds with every sales splurge, but when I'm getting 25+ hours of playtime out of $5 games, I can't complain. The good outweighs the bad in the end.

So far I think I regret buying Prince of Persia. It's kinda pretty at times, but dear god, it's so boring and sterile. It's autogaming at it's worst, but I should have learned to expect that from Ubisoft by now.

Salsa

Snuggler said:
It's autogaming at it's worst, but I should have learned to expect that from Ubisoft by now.

I DONT CARE BECAUSE

from-dust-02.jpg

Max

I am not Max
X SuperBox

I'm only going to be playing X3 Terran Conflict (the latest), so there was no point to spending the extra $5 for the other games to just sit on my list :(

rem

Neo Member
I regret spending the money I couldn't afford to spend...

meh who needs food! I have vidya games :D

Eusis

Snuggler said:
So far I think I regret buying Prince of Persia. It's kinda pretty at times, but dear god, it's so boring and sterile. It's autogaming at it's worst, but I should have learned to expect that from Ubisoft by now.
Felt the same way when I got it closer to launch. It sounded/looked so promising, but it ended up being one of the most boring games I bothered to complete. I like Assassin's Creed enough at least, but that throws more to do in the world to make up for simplifying the controls unlike PoP.

plc268

ClosingADoor said:
Pricing mistake when it was a Daily Deal (-75% instead of -50%). Was fixed after a few hours.

Yea I know.

I was joking about the fact that every time Terraria pops, someone goes "Wtf, I though terraria was $2.50" or something like that. I'm sure it's still news to some, but it's still quite funny at times.

I regret buying The Last Remnant. Well, it's not because it's a poor game. It's just that I waited till the last moment of the daily deal and the price had already increased back to normal and I wasn't paying attention. I was like oh shit, gotta hit buy before the price went back up since I missed it the last time around. I hit buy and then looked at price being 26.99 or something like that. lol

ATF487

Tropico 3, maybe. It seems cool but I'm not sure if I'll ever really play it.

Everything else was too low for me to say no; I just hope that it gets me to start finishing games again. Or at least putting enough time into them to feel like I've got my money's worth.

Commander Keen Pack. Only sort of. It was dirt cheap, but I'm disappointed in it. The emulation isn't perfect on it and it only comes with 1-5, sadly missing #6 and my personal favorite, Dreams. It's alright though. Also, I always have trouble playing through all the Keen games. I love them, but I've never been able to beat very many except the first and maybe Dreams.

I don't think I regret too much else. Maybe the GTA4 pack since GTA isn't my thing (I found that out when I purchased GTA:SA and found out it was a mini-game collection with poorly compressed/recorded voices.) But dang that mod that was posted here the other day looks nice. I don't really know how to put mods on games though.

Mostly I used my money wisely though,and don't think I spent more than about $40-50. I think Summer and Winter are probably the only times I really buy anything through Steam though.

Actually, let me see here:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $4.99
Blueberry Garden $1.25
The Path $2.49
Commander Keen CP $3.34
Terraria $2.49
Garry's Mod $2.49
GTA4 Complete $9.99

Ok, so more like $25. Wow, way less than I thought I spent.

drkOne

RIFT; I should've known I can't play a MMO "casually". Will most likely not touch it again after the free month.

AC: Brotherhood; I had already played the SP on PS3, but it wasn't my copy and I didn't get to try MP. Bought it only for MP, but it seems that it's pretty dead already.

Eusis

About $42 here, $47 if you count the JC2 gift. Not too bad, not as low as I would've liked but at least a good chunk of that was DLC so it should motivate me to tackle the backlog more.

Definitely regret Lead and Gold, it's laggy to the point of being unplayable. Sort of regret KOTOR since it won't run on my laptop, have to use my desktop which is sort of inconvenient

NO REGRETS.

I was actually going to say Trine, but I bought that a few weeks back as part of the Frozenbyte collection. It's a potentially cool game absolutely ruined by awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful physics. I want to like it, but alas.

Now I haven't played EVERY game that I've bought, but I have played most of them and found most of them enjoyable, some far more than I would have imagined (Sanctum and A.R.E.S. in particular). Most of the games I haven't played did not have ticket achievements, but I'm pretty confident in all of my purchases.

Actually, I might regret not buying the four episodes of Winter Voices, so I may make an "under the wire" grab for them before the night is over. I'm weary now because the achievements in the game are busted but the developer apparently has a six pages of fixes patch coming pretty soon. Plus, I'd almost want to wait until the last two episodes are out and grab them all during the Christmas sale and play the game, ya know, during winter.

Bought:
Madballs in... Babo:Invasion
Madballs Holiday Skins
Madballs Scorched Evolution Rollup
Madballs: Anarchy Unlock Pack DLC
Madballs BDI Evolution Rollup
Madballs Scorched Clan Skins
Madballs BDI Clan Skins
Madballs Campaign Deserters Pack
The Final Hours of Portal 2
X-Com Complete Pack
Portal 2
Amnesa: The Dark Descent
The Last Remnant (SEI)
Lara Croft GOL
Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Things the Go Boom
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack
Left 4 Dead Bundle
Killing Floor Bundle - July 2011
Beat Hazard Complete
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Mount & Blade: Complete
Assassin's Creed Collector's Pack - Summer Sale 2011
HOARD
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2011)
Back to the Future: The Game
Toki Tori

regret None so far...

I didn't buy much but I think right now I'm leaning toward's Blood Bowl legendary edition. I played about 2 hours and wasn't impressed at all. Plan on giving it another shot at some point but I don't think I'll enjoy it tbh.

Bought:

HL2:EP 1&2 (Never played them after I beat the game. Enjoyed them.)

KOTOR (Lost my disc copy a couple years back)

Regret:

Not buying the Sims 3.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
I only bit on the GTA4 & episodes pack. Never played the episodes before, they hold up well? I mostly bought this to run those crazy graphic mods, can't wait to check those out.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
terarria is 'ok' maybe I'll like it more later

The Last Remnant is really stupid thus far. I like the idea behind the fighting, but it's just so POORLY executed.

I guess it was also SE's lazy ass answer for 'next-gen' towns. The animation is atrocious, the dialogue is amateurish, the graphics look extremely dated.

SE, you have failed me again. Deus Ex is your LAST CHANCE!

bill.cosby said:
I only bit on the GTA4 & episodes pack. Never played the episodes before, they hold up well? I mostly bought this to run those crazy graphic mods, can't wait to check those out.
Both episodes are far superior to GTAIV.

Bought:

The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Puzzle Agent
Terraria
Sanctum
Jamestown
Guild Wars: Eye of the North
Guild Wars: Trilogy
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition
Trine
Assassin's Creed Collector's Pack - Summer Sale 2011
The Heroes Pack
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

I regret nothing!

vega435 said:
What? when was it for sale that cheap?

Yesterday I grabbed it at this price when the sale started (maybe 2 days ago actually?). Whatever day it was I grabbed it right away. Maybe a price mistake?

Top Bottom